Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor v Farnham Town - Saturday 14th January

Don't Blame Me

Always had my doubts about you boys?!

I thinks its something to do with their ground being so near to Windsor Barracks !!

:bolt:

It will all become apparent soon enough

...... especially if the dressing-gown chord comes undone !!!!

:o

You sure it wasn't a typo in the first post and it's actually 'Dressing Down Day'?

Mind you, that would be equally strange given this is Windsor. One simply doesn't dress-down in Windsor, does one?

Also wonder if our trumpeter might put in a welcome appearance :)

A solid if not especially exciting performance this afternoon, but another 3 points in the bag and that's good enough.

Their 'keeper had a decent game, as did the woodwork. Teams are setting up rather defensively against us which is absolutely fair enough but I think we might find it easier to open up the play against the likes of Guildford, Hanworth and Camberley who presumably won't set up in quite the same way. Time will tell on that one!

There are plenty of tonkings being dished out around the league at the moment - I think we're gearing up for another one soon.

PS Hope Benny recovers quickly (again!) - looked like a 2 weeker to my untrained eye.

PPS I will post up a few minutes of video highlights soon hopefully (depending on speed of upload).

Edited by Rother

Wasn't at the game yesterday but pleased with the 3 points! Bit of a scare with the floodlights going out again (Will they ever get sorted?!)

Guildford are still winning so it is going to be difficult for us to catch and overtake them, it is getting to a stage where we need to win every game. On a side note keep an eye on hanworth villa still a danger to both teams at the top.

Wasn't at the game yesterday but pleased with the 3 points! Bit of a scare with the floodlights going out again (Will they ever get sorted?!)

Guildford are still winning so it is going to be difficult for us to catch and overtake them, it is getting to a stage where we need to win every game. On a side note keep an eye on hanworth villa still a danger to both teams at the top.

MagicParker, the lights didn't go out again, they simply didn't come on.

MagicParker, the lights didn't go out again, they simply didn't come on.

A very subtle difference, Mal, very subtle !!

:ph34r:

Just goes to show that the old adage still rings true. If at first it doesn't work, use a bigger hammer!

By the sounds of things, we should have been out of sight by half time. What little I saw was impressive. Second half was a bit of a non event though. The positives to take were that we looked very solid at the back, we kept a clean sheet, we picked up 3 points and there was an impressive attendance of 278. Our average for the season is now in excess of 250 - obviously swollen by the Egham game though. Take the Egham crowd out and we average 200 for the season thus far.

Dunno about half time but I was rather fearful the team were going to be completely out of sight by full time.

Yeah, I think that's what the ref was fussing about.

Although his eyesight was clearly somewhat troubled IMO, after Jake went over near the centre circle (not sure if he was actually fouled, which was my first impression, or slipped avoiding the tackle/foul) and got booked - I presume for diving...

Although his eyesight was clearly somewhat troubled IMO, after Jake went over near the centre circle (not sure if he was actually fouled, which was my first impression, or slipped avoiding the tackle/foul) and got booked - I presume for diving...

Having already been warned by the referee once for falling over under no contact !