Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

14/1/12

Wattsy it might be that you move cos your not good enough, anytime I've seen you you've always been awful

That's brave of you! lol

He/she is entitled to their opinions. Maybe when they've seen me I have been poor and right to say that. I've not had the best 18 months-2 years since returning from my broken leg and have considered jacking it in, I'll take your opinions onboard Doorknob and thanks for sharing

I've seen you play a few times over the past couple of years, always had a good game when I seen you play, more so at Feltham than Knaphill though. Great motivator on the pitch too

278 at Windsor yesterday was a cracking gate. I'm sure they used to struggle to get 150 in the old guise, so why the big upsurge? Any Windsor contributors shed any light?

I think we should leave that one to NICE GUY, he knows everything about Windsor FC.

Edited by Rother

278 at Windsor yesterday was a cracking gate. I'm sure they used to struggle to get 150 in the old guise, so why the big upsurge? Any Windsor contributors shed any light?

A winning team and good marketing?

Mind you, their old side were usually a winning team as well.

I know they're not the only club to do free entry days but, unlike some clubs, it appears to have worked for them.

I've been following various clubs' efforts to get more punters in to see what works and what doesn't and see if we can try any of them at Camberley. Some clubs have tried reducing entry prices with it having hardly any effect on attendances (Bracknell and Dulwich Hamlet for example) and so put the prices back up again as they were just losing revenue but it's worked for others. Some free entry days have seen attendances go up afterwards, some haven't. Some clubs have scrapped their kids free / kids for a quid trials as it meant they were over-run with uncontrolable scrotes which are more hassle than they're worth, others have embraced the idea and made it a permananent feature. A tip on that one as Maidenhead (I think) discovered - make sure the offer only applies to accompanied children!

If there was a magic formula that worked then everyone would be doing it but there isn't. Fair play to those clubs who make it happen though.

I think we should leave that one to NICE GUY, he knows everything about Windsor FC.

That's easy Roths, to visit a nice ground with nice people and watch good players on good money (oops sorry for nothing, or is it for the £30-£40.00 a week) playing in a league below their level to be big fish in a small bowl........... how about that !

Also still no-one has denied your £1800.00 a week budget..........strange that, wonder why.....'cos its the truth maybe.... !!!

That's easy Roths, to visit a nice ground with nice people and watch good players on good money (oops sorry for nothing, or is it for the £30-£40.00 a week) playing in a league below their level to be big fish in a small bowl........... how about that !

Also still no-one has denied your £1800.00 a week budget..........strange that, wonder why.....'cos its the truth maybe.... !!!

Didn't you apply for the Windsor JG job not more sour grapes you really are a bitter and twisted little man.

Sports hit the post twice but other than that failed to break down a resillient feltham defence who only had a few chances themselves!!

Players possibly getting a little complacent an although i take my hat off to feltham for getting the three we should be beating teams of there calibre if we want to get promoted an stay with guernsey all the way to the end!!!

Another downside to the result is pelton our gk has hurt his knee and had to leave the field of play we wish him a speedy recovery !!!

We were poor an must bet back to winning ways against knaphill sat

Sports hit the post twice but other than that failed to break down a resillient feltham defence who only had a few chances themselves!!

Players possibly getting a little complacent an although i take my hat off to feltham for getting the three we should be beating teams of there calibre if we want to get promoted an stay with guernsey all the way to the end!!!

Another downside to the result is pelton our gk has hurt his knee and had to leave the field of play we wish him a speedy recovery !!!

We were poor an must bet back to winning ways against knaphill sat

It helps that we're winning most games, but then in the previous few seasons WEFC had been also - last three seasons saw us in S&SW1 playoffs, S&SW1 promoted, and SP top third - yet with probably lower gates even though we'd (usually) see more away fans.

(and this is with some residual ill-will to the Colonel, too - I know a few people who used to attend regularly and won't now because of his return to the team, they blame him for some of the problems that caused WEFC to fail).

The "accompanied children go free" definitely helps a lot, I've persuaded a few friends myself on this basis because it's relatively cheap for an afternoon's entertainment even after the inevitable bacon rolls etc... still not that many children, overall, but a fair few and certainly some dads coming who didn't before.

Also, the marketing and publicity has been excellent since we reformed. Scotty [our fantastic Stag mascot] has been out and about in town and at events, there's a fair few shops and pubs showing posters, and I think there is more word-of-mouth helping attendances.

Plus there's real ale from W&E Brewery on the bar. That's a motivator for sure. Maybe I'm biassed.

And in general I think non-league is getting a good image at the moment, as local, more genuine and less money-grabbing football than the EPL circus. A few friends have jacked in seeing Premier teams because of the prices and inconvenience, and this lets them have a live football fix of decent quality - given the prices, it's actually much better value!

Didn't you apply for the Windsor JG job not more sour grapes you really are a bitter and twisted little man.

In answer to your question Unc's, no I didn't apply for the Windsors manager job, I wouldn't know what to do with all that money every week...............lol !!! ...

Wattsy it might be that you move cos your not good enough, anytime I've seen you you've always been awful

That's brave of you! lol

He/she is entitled to their opinions. Maybe when they've seen me I have been poor and right to say that. I've not had the best 18 months-2 years since returning from my broken leg and have considered jacking it in, I'll take your opinions onboard Doorknob and thanks for sharing

I've seen you play a few times over the past couple of years, always had a good game when I seen you play, more so at Feltham than Knaphill though. Great motivator on the pitch too

Cheers mate ;)

That's brave of you! lol

Cheers mate ;)

I wonder how many times MR DOORKNOB has seen you play.

Who knows mate, i'll never bash someone for having an opinion and he might well be right! I have been so inconsistent the past 18 months or so and missed a lot of football, but after being in the CCL for 12 years I'm sure that the managers I've played under have seen something they want me involved with and be part of the club.

Just getting back on topic with this thread....What was the attendance with the WP V Guernsey match and did the visitors enjoy their visit?

Edited by Wattsy

At last, a number!

How about I give you some numbers:

806 - Highest CCL Premier attendance this seasoon

71 - The attendance quoted for Guildford City v Horley Town

278 - Windsor v Farnham Town attendance

250 - Average Stag Meadow attendance in the CCL this season

200 - Average Stag Meadow attendance if you discount the Egham Town fixture

39 - The additional number of visitors to Stag Meadow post RPV game where we had the Under 9s en masse

49 - The number of accompanied U16s that attended Saturday's game

Seriously NG, do you really expect anyone from Windsor FC to answer your allegations? Would you be free to discuss your financial situation on an internet forum? I thought not.

.Just getting back on topic with this thread....What was the attendance with the WP V Guernsey match and did the visitors enjoy their visit?

I had a great time, nice club and people. We outsung the home crowd! Some of our chants may have gone over the head of our hosts but none were offensive, apart from calling the referee a craupaud!

Met Smudge and the Worcester Park 'keeper!

I guess the crowd was 200ish?

Edited by HKP

At last, a number!

39 - The additional number of visitors to Stag Meadow post RPV game where we had the Under 9s en masse

Seriously NG, do you really expect anyone from Windsor FC to answer your allegations? Would you be free to discuss your financial situation on an internet forum? I thought not.

Sure, no problem Ed........ IM SKINT.......lol !

...... but Ed no-one has denied its NOT £1800.00 .........anyway, I've made my point.

Good job you are getting good attendance otherwise you'll struggle to find £1800 a week budget, so fair play to all involved at Windsor...............oh ps: buy a new generator !!

That leads me onto the next question, why are Windsor using a generator and not from electric company for the floodlights ...seems strange ?

.Just getting back on topic with this thread....What was the attendance with the WP V Guernsey match and did the visitors enjoy their visit?

I had a great time, nice club and people. We outsung the home crowd! Some of our chants may have gone over the head of our hosts but none were offensive, apart from calling the referee a craupaud!

Met Smudge and the Worcester Park 'keeper!

I guess the crowd was 200ish?

The final gate figure was 265 and with chanting words like craupaud I'm not surprised it went over our heads!

Glad everyone enjoyed their trip across and hopefully meet again in the future sometime!

At last, a number!

Maybe you could discuss it at Tonights Match Windsor Ed,that Nice Guy has kindly publicised for you.Would suggest though that you give up the Programme Editing,and become Treasurer.You are so good at figures,think you could balance the books unlike the Windsor and Eton Treasurer could.I think that the truth of the matter is No one at Windsor knows the budget,like they have not at Croydon Athletic,Farnborough,and so many other Clubs in the past.NOT EVEN NICE GUY.