Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Farnborough Town

have announced that season ticket holders of away sides will now be admitted for a fiver. (I've already sked for my refund)

It would be interesting to know how many away fans are season ticket holders of their own club and will this idea attract more away fans?

Not really because you have still paid for the season ticket and then you have to pay the £5 on top.

Where we could benefit from this scheme is if we could persuade Gills season ticket holders who don't go to away matches to come and watch us for a fiver. That would be all new money.

Only if you have actually paid for your season ticket!!!

The idea is not so much for the fans of the team we are playing, but for fans of clubs in the surronding area. It may work better for farnborough as they have Aldershot and Woking nearby, but we have Gillingham, Welling Dartford and a number of Essex teams who might pop over if they are away.

Quote:
have announced that season ticket holders of away sides will now be admitted for a fiver. (I've already sked for my refund)

If I am not mistaken you only get in for a fiver, if the season ticket that you produce is from a team that is not involved in the fixture. They would need to pay me a lot more than a fiver to go to Cherrywood road when the mighty Fleet were not playing there !

But its not a bad idea.. There are loads of season tickets holders of the big London clubs in the area, if we could get them attending the Fleet on a more regular basis its got to be a good thing.