Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
David Holden

Farnborough Town

have announced that season ticket holders of away sides will now be admitted for a fiver. (I've already sked for my refund)

It would be interesting to know how many away fans are season ticket holders of their own club and will this idea attract more away fans?

Doesn't this mean that they will pay less that their own season ticket holders!!!!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but a season ticket at the Fleet works out about 7 quid a game ( unless you include friendlys and reserve games )

confused.gif

Not really because you have still paid for the season ticket and then you have to pay the £5 on top.

Where we could benefit from this scheme is if we could persuade Gills season ticket holders who don't go to away matches to come and watch us for a fiver. That would be all new money.

Dave

Not what I meant. A Fleet season ticket costs 7 quid a game. Someone with another club's season ticket gets to see all of their games, plus our games for a fiver which is less than we pay

Only if you have actually paid for your season ticket!!!

The idea is not so much for the fans of the team we are playing, but for fans of clubs in the surronding area. It may work better for farnborough as they have Aldershot and Woking nearby, but we have Gillingham, Welling Dartford and a number of Essex teams who might pop over if they are away.

Quote:
have announced that season ticket holders of away sides will now be admitted for a fiver. (I've already sked for my refund)

If I am not mistaken you only get in for a fiver, if the season ticket that you produce is from a team that is not involved in the fixture. They would need to pay me a lot more than a fiver to go to Cherrywood road when the mighty Fleet were not playing there !

But its not a bad idea.. There are loads of season tickets holders of the big London clubs in the area, if we could get them attending the Fleet on a more regular basis its got to be a good thing.

Quote:

And talking about farnborough, I see that they have sent Jay Lovett on three months loan to Lewes!

Oh how the mighty fall - 2 season ago playing for Brentford. - Hereford - Fleet - Farnborough - Lewes

its like a park slide and hes not far from the bottom!