Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Grimsby Town 4 - 0 AFC Hornchurch

Ian_W

Ecxellent day out. The team gave everything and the supporters sang their hearts out. It was very emotional when the team ran over at the final whistle to salute the fans - brought a tear to my eye. This is an incredible club and i am so proud to be part of it. Pity about some of the sarcastic comments on the Romford forum.

I took my video camera but was banned from using it. A Steward warned me that he would confiscate it if he saw me using it. Pity really as there were some incredible scenes behind the goal.

Edited by Serious Sid

Another sour point was when I had to leave the terracing with my plastic container of Guinness and could only watch the match by peering round the corner of the tunnel. Oh they were very polite about it but if that's what it means to be in the higher leagues I think I prefer it where we are.

I think once you get into the Conference you can't have alcohol in view of the pitch.

When Canvey were there the clubhouse couldn't serve alcohol during the game and at half time but could reopen after the game.

Ecxellent day out. The team gave everything and the supporters sang their hearts out. It was very emotional when the team ran over at the final whistle to salute the fans - brought a tear to my eye. This is an incredible club and i am so proud to be part of it. Pity about some of the sarcastic comments on the Romford forum.

I took my video camera but was banned from using it. A Steward warned me that he would confiscate it if he saw me using it. Pity really as there were some incredible scenes behind the goal.

Let's not concern about ourselves with Romford - they should be working on their own problems rather than bothering with us.

who actually gives a baboons pink [censored] about Romford any way..........

Sid........ i was also stopped and asked not to take photos from just a digital camera.

As the flash may cause problems.....??!?!

The thing is, without the flash on i couldn't really take them due to the poor light, so didnt get many unfortunately!

Well done to all who attended and to the players. As for Romturd, I take solace in the fact that old Fence panel and some others will be sitting and squirming over all the positives to come out of yesterday mostly over the compliments from the Grimsby supporters. Rest assured its upset his weekend :biglaugh:

Well done to all who attended and to the players. As for Romturd, I take solace in the fact that old Fence panel and some others will be sitting and squirming over all the positives to come out of yesterday mostly over the compliments from the Grimsby supporters. Rest assured its upset his weekend :biglaugh:

What happened at Grimsby was of absolutely zero consequence to me, and most certainly didnt spoil what was a truly enjoyable weekend. I am grateful for your concern though hasbeen.

What happened at Grimsby was of absolutely zero consequence to me, and most certainly didnt spoil what was a truly enjoyable weekend. I am grateful for your concern though hasbeen.

If it was of zero consequence which implies you were not interested why mention it on the RFC forum?

If it was of zero consequence which implies you were not interested why mention it on the RFC forum?

Probably for the same reason that some of you lot slag Romford off at every opportunity. Seems like you love dishing it out, but are incapable of taking a bit of banter back. Its all a bit sad really.

Alan, if you slag off AFCH on here it could be possibly be construed as banter as we have the right of reply ... but when you slag off AFCH on the RFC forum, which is 'closed' to most AFCH supporters, how does that qualify as banter?

That's the whole point isn't it. A closed forum isn't constructive. You might not be bothered Missunderstood (and I believe you are being geniune when you say that) but some of your fellow Romford fans clearly are. But all Romford fans apart from you post from the security of a 'closed door' policy. That's not banter, I'm afraid. If it wasn't for the groundshare issue, I dont think Romford would get much of a mention on here to be honest.

Alan, if you slag off AFCH on here it could be possibly be construed as banter as we have the right of reply ... but when you slag off AFCH on the RFC forum, which is 'closed' to most AFCH supporters, how does that qualify as banter?

That's the whole point isn't it. A closed forum isn't constructive. You might not be bothered Missunderstood (and I believe you are being geniune when you say that) but some of your fellow Romford fans clearly are. But all Romford fans apart from you post from the security of a 'closed door' policy. That's not banter, I'm afraid. If it wasn't for the groundshare issue, I dont think Romford would get much of a mention on here to be honest.

We no longer have a "closed door policy" and you only have yourselves to blame if you cant be bothered to join in all the fun and banter.

Probably for the same reason that some of you lot slag Romford off at every opportunity. Seems like you love dishing it out, but are incapable of taking a bit of banter back. Its all a bit sad really.

:biglaugh: Oh dear Alan I do find myself laughing at you :biglaugh: