Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

management

Management dnt seem approachable at all. A lot of unhappy players. Week in week out there are new players without fail. Last night someone called george came in a walked into the side. (He was very unfit) I heard that he was at southampton as a kid! What does that mean?! He's not a kid anymore! Since Dan Turks has left i do not think Sandhurst have had the same squad out 2 weeks in a row. There is unrest in the changing room. The management can only just identify the problem about conceding goals but can't advise on how to make this problem right!

GCFC a good side but sandhurst are playing with zero confidence so no wonder they got beaten.

I believe a change is needed. (The wrong manager left in the first place. Would like to see what the table would look like if the 2 managers swapped)

The lad George who came in last night is actually on loan from Godalming Town, he has been ill for a few weeks having been diagnosed for the first time with viral asthma which is brought on by the cold.

He has actually started about 15 games in Ryman South this season and FA Cup, and is regarded as one of the best prospects around with various clubs keeping tabs on him.... an excellent midfielder who has excelled at times for us this season, whilst also having games where he didnt impact as much as we would have liked, but someone who has just turned 18 2 weeks ago having played 50 games in teh wessex league and 25 plus games for us (when you count subs appearances also), will improve their team.

I'm sure he is a good player and a hot prospect etc but i was just using him as an example. He has been ill so isn't 100 percent fit. My point was why throw someone straight in the team when he has been ill and isnt fiit enough to make an impact. I agree if he was 100% then i wouldnt have an issue but the management keep playing unfit/injured/ill players and hoping they will do a job. You need players to do more than 'just a job'.

p.s i really do have nothing against the lad i just used him as an example

I get your point, but he is a lad that will probably stay at Sandhurst for a while and he thought he would be okay... so a difficult one!!!

If we wanted to get a lad in on loan from a conference south club for example and he told us he felt that he was okay to play then he would play, as you are trying to improve the team, and lets be honest after the defeat at the weekend, you can understand why there were changes.

Maybe he didnt have the impact desired, but i am sure he will...

Unfortunately I think this post has highlighted the problems at Sandhurst at the mo...far to many kids! This matter should be taken to the management and kept in house. You are all playing men's football, and should be man enough to deal with this and make your opinions known, no matter how hard. If you can't bring yourself to do that, then I don't think you should be playing men's football. Employ kids...you get childish games.

i play for sandhurst, people are entitled to there opinions and i have been told about this via txt from another player, i agree it should be done in house and like its been said there was a meeting last night where issues were brought to attention, training is a huge issue at fizzers and thats probably where the problem stems from. nobody wants to train till 10'o clock on a thurs night some of us have kids and a family to get home to. with people saying sandhurst need a defensive coach is abit strong, when the players there are more than good enough but the back 4 is reshuffled almost every game so theres the issue there. its all problems for salvatore and lee to conquer as management.

i play for sandhurst, people are entitled to there opinions and i have been told about this via txt from another player, i agree it should be done in house and like its been said there was a meeting last night where issues were brought to attention, training is a huge issue at fizzers and thats probably where the problem stems from. nobody wants to train till 10'o clock on a thurs night some of us have kids and a family to get home to. with people saying sandhurst need a defensive coach is abit strong, when the players there are more than good enough but the back 4 is reshuffled almost every game so theres the issue there. its all problems for salvatore and lee to conquer as management.
Tue and Thur always training nights in senior football... and sometimes other nights aswell... What are the options for other venues to train.... Why don't you or some of the players try and find alternative training at different venues and times... I can assure you that it is not easy..... Also what is the difference between finishing at 9-9.30 or 10... its a training night so if you are dedicated enough that is how it is.... Edited by Weeble

Tue and Thur always training nights in senior football... and sometimes other nights aswell... What are the options for other venues to train.... Why don't you or some of the players try and find alternative training at different venues and times... I can assure you that it is not easy..... Also what is the difference between finishing at 9-9.30 or 10... its a training night so if you are dedicated enough that is how it is....

If they are referring to what I think they are, then playing for Sandhurst but training in Langley (5 junctions of the M4 away from Sandhurst, or a trek down the A30) is a bit much. You wouldn't even expect most Step 4 clubs to do that.

Edited by Terrence Collina

Lee ? Is that Lee Riddell ? Is he the Assistant Manager at Sandhurst ?

As I said TC ... What is the alternative ????

There were alternatives when I was there, but obviously things change. It may have been a one off for all I know but I know some were not happy about doing it.

I do agree though, if there is a problem, you don't air it here. Knowing Duncs, I would be suprised if people found him unapproachable.

Tue and Thur always training nights in senior football... and sometimes other nights aswell... What are the options for other venues to train.... Why don't you or some of the players try and find alternative training at different venues and times... I can assure you that it is not easy..... Also what is the difference between finishing at 9-9.30 or 10... its a training night so if you are dedicated enough that is how it is....

If they are referring to what I think they are, then playing for Sandhurst but training in Langley (5 junctions of the M4 away from Sandhurst, or a trek down the A30) is a bit much. You wouldn't even expect most Step 4 clubs to do that.

Anyone who has been involved with the running of teams knows that trying to get a training venue in an area where there are lots of senior teams (let alone the numerous amateur teams) vying for the same spaces/slots is incredibly difficult. However, if you are going to improve/maintain high standards/progress you need to train and if that means a bit of travelling or at later times then surely that is better than not training at all? Travelling to Langley might not be ideal but Sandhurst certainly wouldn't be the first team to do it. Bracknell Town trained at Langley not too long ago and I know that Henley Town have trained at the Madjeski from time to time. It's far from perfect but it also shows who is dedicated and who is not.

Availability of winter training is an issue in our area.

Local facilities are tending to hire block bookings to 5-a-side leagues, rather than individual clubs.

There are provisional plans to build three 3G pitches locally, so hopefully this will help to eradicate the issue.

Lee ? Is that Lee Riddell ? Is he the Assistant Manager at Sandhurst ?

Yes that is lee ridell. assistant at sandhurst !!

If you play at this level then you should be expected to be committed to 2 evenings and a Saturday every week. If your not willing to do that then you should play local park football. When i was at Sandhurst there was a lot more respect for the club and managers then there is now. We used to train at Arborfield which is a 60 mile round trip from my house, but everyone was all ways there. There doesn't seem to be any senior players setting the right examples like there used to be. There's no way this would be happening while Pete Browning and Unders (Fizzer) were in charge.

You have to be looking at facilities for training for next year NOW and I still think u will struggle as teams that have them don't give them up. They are like rocking horse sh1t.

The problems at Sandhurst don't actually stem

From training issues tho do they? There is a bigger picture here that everyone is missing out on. Issues need to be resolved at the club before it spirals out of control. Personally the current players are not good enough, and never will be. Drastic changes are needed.