Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

management

It'll be Sandhurst=bashing next !

Its ok JR its just the green eyed monster I think deep down he really wants to be cool like me but he aint got a clue so he tries to be contraversial I love it and find it very amusing,I've known who he is for a long time now but I still give him the odd bit of bait and away he goes just wait and see he can't help himself

Its ok JR its just the green eyed monster I think deep down he really wants to be cool like me but he aint got a clue so he tries to be contraversial I love it and find it very amusing,I've known who he is for a long time now but I still give him the odd bit of bait and away he goes just wait and see he can't help himself

Okay away we go ........

Ah your back, found your wig then.lol ! You've known me for a long time,,,,,ha ha ha come on then who am I oh ASSISTANT MANAGER........not ! Just wonder who is on cuckoo land, you wish you was assistant manager. So why you jumped ship ? Since, Sandhurst have won 2 and lost 1................coincidence ? Keep collecting the cones..........

Okay away we go ........

Ah your back, found your wig then.lol ! You've known me for a long time,,,,,ha ha ha come on then who am I oh ASSISTANT MANAGER........not ! Just wonder who is on cuckoo land, you wish you was assistant manager. So why you jumped ship ? Since, Sandhurst have won 2 and lost 1................coincidence ? Keep collecting the cones..........

ha ha ha told you,which school did you go to as your English is sh1te

Putting in my four pennith worth about the initial topic and giving my own personal views over the past few CCL seasons from a former managers perspective. After 15 years in the management of lower level football I was lucky enough to get the managers job at a team at at Intermediate level after some years being involved at park level football. The team and club was pretty much full of mates, most of whom had the ability & desire to move forward. With a young committee, working their socks off to create the facilities, some able asistance, and bloody hard work, we managed to direct this and achieve the holy grail...CCL football.

A second season...our 1st in the CCL... finishing 8th was deemed a success. The 2nd season really was an eye opener. Players used to winning every week suddenly weren't available, others who would have given everything for their mates got their heads turned & left, and others were lured by 'richer' clubs paying silly money for players who used to play for fun.

Suddenly as a manager used to success I felt I had a full time job just to keep the players I had, let alone improve the team and attract new players. We finished in the top half. As a manager we all have ego's but the club comes first and, as a club, we worked to get more established management to move the team to the next level. I have seen at first hand how this his management team has worked their socks off this season to move the team forward. A management team with professional, high level non league, and CCL experience have moved us up 2 or 3 places.

Having come from many years of lower league football through to Senior football the biggest problem (it pains me to say) is the attitude of the players, many of whom from what I have seen, seem to have an exaggerated opinion of exactly how good they are. Ego's and more pamparing of ego's by other clubs management is killing clubs at this level......I`m sure this sounds familair to managers without a budget!!! I Div 1 Guernsey pay big bucks ( £500 a week to Tardiff/Zico/Allen...expenses of course!...). Hartley Wintney with a big weekly budget.....not sure about Bedfont Sport but the ever failing Lammas do as well. Tell me do Warlingham ,Spelthorne, Knaphill, Sheerwater, Westfield? ...From what I know ...no they dont... nor do the teams below.

There are some immensely inspiring people at this level but by got there are an awful lot of wallys too!. I have to say there does seem to be a closed shop attitude at this level, like there is higher as well. I have seen complete uninspiring idiots at this level charged with taking teams higher with no intelligence, expierence (or badges) or........most importantly inspiration. There has been a lot of comments on here about Sandhurst and whilst i hate to denegrate any other club I have to say how did they chose their last manager!!!....do your homework chairman! - you have to have a background of success to run a team!.. New chairman or not - a stab in the dark can kill a club!

Lets look at Camberley, i`m an outsider but i live there and they are close to my heart. The management starts to build a side and then get raped by Frimley Green who have a new 'money man' ...nothing to play for the players but are F G are offering more money... Perhaps we should name and shame these players! Jees guys wait till next season!! Shame on you!!! Paul Miles...are you a good manager or are you just buying mercenaries? What ever is true you will certainly make teams want to beat you next season,

For me people without budgets like Sav, Loop /YV, John Comer, Ellers, & many others in CCL div 1 have achieved far more than those who get the plaudits. People at this level sometimes denegrate park football but from my experience perhaps that is the only level playing field left in our beautiful game.

Edited by inmyday

Putting in my four pennith worth about the initial topic and giving my own personal views over the past few CCL seasons from a former managers perspective. After 15 years in the management of lower level football I was lucky enough to get the managers job at a team at at Intermediate level after some years being involved at park level football. The team and club was pretty much full of mates, most of whom had the ability & desire to move forward. With a young committee, working their socks off to create the facilities, some able asistance, and bloody hard work, we managed to direct this and achieve the holy grail...CCL football.

A second season...our 1st in the CCL... finishing 8th was deemed a success. The 2nd season really was an eye opener. Players used to winning every week suddenly weren't available, others who would have given everything for their mates got their heads turned & left, and others were lured by 'richer' clubs paying silly money for players who used to play for fun.

Suddenly as a manager used to success I felt I had a full time job just to keep the players I had, let alone improve the team and attract new players. We finished in the top half. As a manager we all have ego's but the club comes first and, as a club, we worked to get more established management to move the team to the next level. I have seen at first hand how this his management team has worked their socks off this season to move the team forward. A management team with professional, high level non league, and CCL experience have moved us up 2 or 3 places.

Having come from many years of lower league football through to Senior football the biggest problem (it pains me to say) is the attitude of the players, many of whom from what I have seen, seem to have an exaggerated opinion of exactly how good they are. Ego's and more pamparing of ego's by other clubs management is killing clubs at this level......I`m sure this sounds familair to managers without a budget!!! I Div 1 Guernsey pay big bucks ( £500 a week to Tardiff/Zico/Allen...expenses of course!...). Hartley Wintney with a big weekly budget.....not sure about Bedfont Sport but the ever failing Lammas do as well. Tell me do Warlingham ,Spelthorne, Knaphill, Sheerwater, Westfield? ...From what I know ...no they dont... nor do the teams below.

There are some immensely inspiring people at this level but by got there are an awful lot of wallys too!. I have to say there does seem to be a closed shop attitude at this level, like there is higher as well. I have seen complete uninspiring idiots at this level charged with taking teams higher with no intelligence, expierence (or badges) or........most importantly inspiration. There has been a lot of comments on here about Sandhurst and whilst i hate to denegrate any other club I have to say how did they chose their last manager!!!....do your homework chairman! - you have to have a background of success to run a team!.. New chairman or not - a stab in the dark can kill a club!

Lets look at Camberley, i`m an outsider but i live there and they are close to my heart. The management starts to build a side and then get raped by Frimley Green who have a new 'money man' ...nothing to play for the players but are F G are offering more money... Perhaps we should name and shame these players! Jees guys wait till next season!! Shame on you!!! Paul Miles...are you a good manager or are you just buying mercenaries? What ever is true you will certainly make teams want to beat you next season,

For me people without budgets like Sav, Loop /YV, John Comer, Ellers, & many others in CCL div 1 have achieved far more than those who get the plaudits. People at this level sometimes denegrate park football but from my experience perhaps that is the only level playing field left in our beautiful game.

who's bum are you up Inmyday all of this bollix to sing the praises of your mates and then a bit of Sandhurst and Frimley Green bashing if only this management game could be done with Hindsight it would be so fecking easy

Best post on here in months

Best post on here in months

Thats your opinion mine is completely different but thats up to you, have you seen what time he wrote it I wonder if the old falling down water was involved

Duncs you truly are an idiot. It's clearly IMD showing some respect for fellow managers/ players he has met on his time in CCL.. Showing your true class once again you narrow minded idiot

WTF are you on if you want to call me an idiot do it with your real name and not hide behind a nick name this is what happens when you get one poster abusing all in sundry and hiding behind a nick name,this is really becoming a joke and it is to one sided I have PM moderators to do something about in the past and nothing has happened well I think I will only read this forum from now on and contribute my opinion to a minimum goodbye.

Div 1 Guernsey pay big bucks ( £500 a week to Tardiff/Zico/Allen...expenses of course!...).

Sorry where's the evidence for this? The club have always said that no players get paid, and sponsership covers all expenses for game travel, it does not go to the players. This is just an unfounded rumor.

Div 1 Guernsey pay big bucks ( £500 a week to Tardiff/Zico/Allen...expenses of course!...).

Sorry where's the evidence for this? The club have always said that no players get paid, and sponsership covers all expenses for game travel, it does not go to the players. This is just an unfounded rumor.

Maybe, but then there are expenses, and then there are...............

EXPENSES !!!!

Edited by Big J R

Hi all

First of all not sure this will help and my be not even welcomed by some and certainly will cause those who know me to chuckle as this is not the norm for me ... my name is Colin Fallaize and I am involved in guernsey Fc working as a coach  assisting  Tony Vance (GFC Manager)

Just so everybody is straight on GFC playing/coaching side ...no one and no one gets paid yes we do get our flights paid and if we stay overnight i.e. midweek or weekend the club pays our hotel accommodation 

Each player pays £25 signing on fee and this gives us a track suit to travel in a training warm up kit of shirt shorts and socks  we pay for any replacements or extras ourselves 

Any food/ drink / supplements pre game or post game is paid for by us (coaches players) and anytime off work we have we negotiate with employers or for those self employed potentially lose time Other expenses like airport car parking fees paid for by ourselves 

We are happy with these arrangements and complain not 

Can Guernsey sustain themselves over the next seasons who knows but we believe we can give all aspects a good go

We are very priveliged to have been given the opportunity to join you in div 1 Cherry Reds Combined counties  and have learned a great deal along the way so far as well as making a few mistakes...

It goes without saying we are really enjoying participating in what is ( non league football) obviously the real heart beat of English football I do realise that some real rubbish is posted from time to time from our side of the water as there is from yours but if there is any sensible questions that people would like to ask from time to time re GFC and as long as my position allows I will be happy to try and answer... my email is colinfallaize@cwgsy.net

Unfortunately time does not allow for regular visits to forum but I am informed of any interesting posts from time to time :-)

keep up the good work folks  because you all add to that amazing non league heart beat 

Regards Colin Fallaize

Interesting and thoughtful post from Inmyday, but maybe a bit harsh on Frimley Green. As far as I can make out only Ben Hill and Matt Griffiths have gone over from Camberley. Was Ben Hill even first choice at Cambo? Yes, Griffiths is wasted at Div 1 level in my opinion but who knows what reasons he had for moving? Players moving to work with coaches they know is hardly unusual at this level.

Hi all

First of all not sure this will help and my be not even welcomed by some and certainly will cause those who know me to chuckle as this is not the norm for me ... my name is Colin Fallaize and I am involved in guernsey Fc working as a coach assisting Tony Vance (GFC Manager)

Just so everybody is straight on GFC playing/coaching side ...no one and no one gets paid yes we do get our flights paid and if we stay overnight i.e. midweek or weekend the club pays our hotel accommodation

Each player pays £25 signing on fee and this gives us a track suit to travel in a training warm up kit of shirt shorts and socks we pay for any replacements or extras ourselves

Any food/ drink / supplements pre game or post game is paid for by us (coaches players) and anytime off work we have we negotiate with employers or for those self employed potentially lose time Other expenses like airport car parking fees paid for by ourselves

We are happy with these arrangements and complain not

Can Guernsey sustain themselves over the next seasons who knows but we believe we can give all aspects a good go

We are very priveliged to have been given the opportunity to join you in div 1 Cherry Reds Combined counties and have learned a great deal along the way so far as well as making a few mistakes...

It goes without saying we are really enjoying participating in what is ( non league football) obviously the real heart beat of English football I do realise that some real rubbish is posted from time to time from our side of the water as there is from yours but if there is any sensible questions that people would like to ask from time to time re GFC and as long as my position allows I will be happy to try and answer... my email is colinfallaize@cwgsy.net

Unfortunately time does not allow for regular visits to forum but I am informed of any interesting posts from time to time :-)

keep up the good work folks because you all add to that amazing non league heart beat

Regards Colin Fallaize

Thanks Colin for byour comments above and welcome to the CCL website.

I do have one question which baffles me somewhat, so hopefully you can reply with honesty.

We are all aware that your Sporting Bet sponsorship pays for your traveling and accomodation expenses etc.,But, GFC average attendance of lets say 1000 x £4 = £4000 + food, drink and merchandise. Can you tell me where that money goes then IF the players and management are NOT being paid ?

Interesting and thoughtful post from Inmyday, but maybe a bit harsh on Frimley Green. As far as I can make out only Ben Hill and Matt Griffiths have gone over from Camberley. Was Ben Hill even first choice at Cambo? Yes, Griffiths is wasted at Div 1 level in my opinion but who knows what reasons he had for moving? Players moving to work with coaches they know is hardly unusual at this level.

TRS hasn't Adam Cornell also moved onto Frimley Green ? Matt Grittiths is definitely wasted at CCL Div. 1 but could that be for money we ask ?

TRS hasn't Adam Cornell also moved onto Frimley Green ? Matt Grittiths is definitely wasted at CCL Div. 1 but could that be for money we ask ?

Apparently not.

edit - to question 1, no idea about question 2!

Edited by TRS