Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SATURDAY 21st JANUARY

Smudge

Tweet from Guernsey Donkey :D

Ft Guernsey 2 Eversley 3 worst referee I've seen at any level in my life !

And it won't be just me saying that ! The Referee was totally incompetent and way out of his level in this game. He gave an Eversley a penalty when he was never touched ( will be proved on TV I hope as the cameras were there ), sent our player off for nothing, gave them EVERY decision. The Eversley players didn't help matters going down like fairies every 5 minutes ! ( there did appear to be a couple of genuine injuries, what I'm complaing about is the ones laying down like they are dead then running straight on the pitch like nothing has happened ) Then he had the audacity to add on only 6 minutes ! It should have been double that !

After all that I forgot to say I wish the lad with the genuine injury who got helped off at the end a quick recovery. Hopefully its nothing serious.

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

Baker best player to visit the Lane this season in my opinion. Tough fought game, with all the Eversley squad really pumped up. They also played smart.

Guernsey down to 10 with 30 to go but really went for it from 2-1 then 3-1 down. Deserved a point IMO.

I'm ashamed to admit that I actually hold a common opinion with Guernsey Donkey. I cannot recall seeing first hand a more incompetent refereeing display. He was not up to it in any form. At times it was just plain baffling. Can't wait for the next home match. Atmosphere was incredible at times today.

Edited by Gsy_Spurs

Bedfont Sports 3-0 Knaphill

Really disappointing performance today from the lads, Sports got a penalty late in the first half and was saved, but the the ball to Gavin Bamford who smashed the home from 18 yards out, so 1-0 at the break.

With in a minute of the restart Sports took advantage of a poor back pass after 30 seconds and Sammi smashed the ball home to make it 2-0, Sammi then scored another with a free kick to kill the game.

We were never at the races today and I felt that Sports never got out of first gear, they had 3 chances and scored them all, I liked there new keeper, distribution was very good.

At least QPR won.

Best of luck Bedfont sports for the rest of the season.

Farnham Town 1 - 1 Wembley

Hard thought game between two hard working sides. Various half chances for both sides, BBM missed a second half penalty for Farnham with the score 1-1 (he actually completely missed the goal!!!)

Referee - Well where do I start????? Waltzes around acting like a Premier League referee then gets everything wrong!!! I just hope the assessor gives him some constructive comments to assist in his development so we don't have to watch a repeat performance................but I doubt it! (Mates Club)

Congratulations to the Boars today in this cracking achievement!!

no, I'm with the others on this one..the ref was pants, and as for their "penalty"... well that deserved an oscar for going down in the box untouched! I hope the TV camera that was there might have caught that. Some blatant timewasting was not popular with the crowds but as the ref seemed happy with it, they played on that.

Their defense was superb though and they made any attack very hard work, well done for that.

Very loud boos for the referee and his assistants. I'd advise them to have a night in tonight.....

Regardless of the officials display today I applaud the Eversley team and management. I along with others no doubt believed that GFC would not be beaten at Footes Lane this season. This is a massive confidence boost for all those yet to visit the GFC fortress. Again well done Eversley, top draw performance. Credit where credits due.

Padlock

MVSCR 0 Egham Town 4. Utter crap from both sides in the first half. Second half we were a lot better - we approached average - but once Dale Marvell had smashed in a free kick and then delivered another dead ball for Luke Muldowney to tap in we found our game again. Matt Grave scored in the 90th minute and then laid on the 4th for Jamie Houghton (93). Looking forward to the Guernsey game to see the Islanders in action. No predictions, especially after their result today.

MVSCR 0 Egham Town 4. Utter crap from both sides in the first half. Second half we were a lot better - we approached average - but once Dale Marvell had smashed in a free kick and then delivered another dead ball for Luke Muldowney to tap in we found our game again. Matt Grave scored in the 90th minute and then laid on the 4th for Jamie Houghton (93). Looking forward to the Guernsey game to see the Islanders in action. No predictions, especially after their result today.

Have to agree with you Tempestward - comedy moment was in 2nd had when lino 'standside' throws his flag in the air

Bedfont Sports 3-0 Knaphill

Really disappointing performance today from the lads, Sports got a penalty late in the first half and was saved, but the the ball to Gavin Bamford who smashed the home from 18 yards out, so 1-0 at the break.

With in a minute of the restart Sports took advantage of a poor back pass after 30 seconds and Sammi smashed the ball home to make it 2-0, Sammi then scored another with a free kick to kill the game.

We were never at the races today and I felt that Sports never got out of first gear, they had 3 chances and scored them all, I liked there new keeper, distribution was very good.

At least QPR won.

Best of luck Bedfont sports for the rest of the season.

Sammi got all three!!!

An guernsey losing makes last weeks loss to feltham harder to take grrrr

Well done eversley

Looking forward to seeing those tv pictures of our penalty as well. Our player has a cut down his leg from the challenge,so fairly certain there was some contact!

Some of the GFC fans on here could learn a few things from the Committee/Players at their club with regards to winning AND losing gracefully.

Good luck to GFC for the rest of the season.

Horley 1 Camberley 0.

A decent game to watch and, I have to say, the scoreline is absolutely not a reflection of the play.

Horley went 1-0 up after 72 seconds whilst our defenders were still in the changing room. After that, and with the wind, we dominated play big time but could we score? We had about fifteen corners in the first half, we hit the post, their defenders cleared two off the line, we had a bloke clean through after being passed the ball by a Horley player but the lino on the bench side gave us offside. As if that wasn't bad enough the ref, instead of over-ruling him, went with him and blew the whistle. What can you do with officials like this? The lino made four or five bad calls in the first half but he wasn't just awful against us - Horley also had plenty of reason to question some of his decisions.

Second half and Horley had the wind with them which meant they enjoyed a bit more possession but we still looked most likely to score. There were another three goal-line clearances during the half and we had a goal disallowed for offside which was a very tight decision but it was made by the decent lino on the stand side so we didn't argue but we just couldn't get that bit of luck . As I said on Twitter - at the end of the day you have to give the Horley defence credit for getting in the way all the time and keeping us out. We played well enough to score a few but it just one of those games.

Looking forward to seeing those tv pictures of our penalty as well. Our player has a cut down his leg from the challenge,so fairly certain there was some contact!

Some of the GFC fans on here could learn a few things from the Committee/Players at their club with regards to winning AND losing gracefully.

Good luck to GFC for the rest of the season.

I don't mind losing to a team that has played better than us, i'll even say well done to teams that have beaten us not playing well. But when the Referee has had such a massive influence on the result of the game its harder to take.

To the people who are saying we are not losing gracefully I hope this referee ( don't know his name ) refs your team and puts in the same incompetent performance and makes your blood boil too ! :)

wow, who'd have thought GFC fans would be so ungracious in defeat. surely if GFC are the fantastic side they are supposed to be an incompetent official shouldn't be the difference between the teams.

sour grapes.

come on GFC fans, why did eversley score 3 against your previously tight defence today. why were you unable to score more than your goal and late consolation. did they mark Ross Allen well? lets talk about the other 22 men on the pitch.

To the people who are saying we are not losing gracefully I hope this referee ( don't know his name ) refs your team and puts in the same incompetent performance and makes your blood boil too ! :)

Well clearly he will ref most teams in this league so that's a silly thing to say Donkey. There was an absolutely terrible ref at Frimley Green last week but he was terrible to both sides!

OTOH Bob Hoskins had the South Kilburn game today and was excellent. Some of their team and their manager lived up to their dubious reputation but he only had to flash one card at a player and that was after the final whistle.

wow, who'd have thought GFC fans would be so ungracious in defeat. surely if GFC are the fantastic side they are supposed to be an incompetent official shouldn't be the difference between the teams.

sour grapes.

come on GFC fans, why did eversley score 3 against your previously tight defence today. why were you unable to score more than your goal and late consolation. did they mark Ross Allen well? lets talk about the other 22 men on the pitch.

Read my post properly bollockchops, you do speak a load of b........

Westfield 2-3 Spelthorne

Great game- ruined at times by a arrogant tit of a ref

Spelthorne with the win lead deservedly at half time 1-0

We got level halfway through the half and there was only gonna be one winner. However we were reduced to 10 when our forward was booked for diving despite there being contact.

Sports go ahead shortly after but we keep going and equalise with 4 mins to go. When the lino's watch bleeps for full time i ask the ref how long and he said 6 minutes. Quite where that came from no one knows but it is what it is.

Being the anorak i am i start my stop watch. On 6 min 10 seconds he has whistle in lips and is about to blow as a shot sails wide. For some reason he decides not too and on 7 mins 40 Spelthore hit a winner.

Great game between two good sides and all the best to our visitors for the rest of the season.