Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Margate v Lewes updates

SteveB

A game we dominated apart from that ten-minute spell before half-time when Lewes looked dangerous. Strange league, comparing the two matches against Concord and the two against Lewes, I would say Concord are the better team. But it's Lewes who are at the top end. Lewes have some talented individuals but you have to wonder about a side that concedes five goals in 27 minutes. Brought very few fans too.

Yes thought they would have more away support. Good to see the crowd increasing as we move up the table and with performances like today even more should be coming through the turnstiles. There is a lot of potential support out there as we have seen in the past. What a second half. Lets keep it going the play offs are in touching distance.

Yep-6 out of the next 7 league games away !!

In a way -quite good-as February will be cold so low crowds anyway.

You look to get a point from an away game-so every chance we can get at least 6 points from next 6 games-which would just about be acceptable;but could well get more-so if for example,team got 10 points -3 wins,one draw and two losses-that would be ok and keep us well in contention.

I have to congratulate the "Choir" for their efforts today. I was stood next to them and they were hilarious sometimes. I like the Simon Overland chant. They really added to the atmosphere today and were very entertaining to all around them. They also kept the swearing to a minimum, which they should also be congratulated for. I noticed there were a few more singing today as well.

What is the Overland song?

Where was Craig Davies today? Great result for Margate. Hopefully can continue for the rest of the season

That's a terrible song does't rhyme, and calls Simon - Craig...No wonder we loose at Eurovision..

The Simon Overland song is based around 'London Underground' by The Jam. 17 verses by our last count, I believe. Highlights include 'He used to be fat before the gastric band', 'His favourite sausage is the Cumberland', and 'He used to have dial-up, now he's got broadband'

As you can see, we have far too much time on our hands.

The Simon Overland song is based around 'London Underground' by The Jam. 17 verses by our last count, I believe. Highlights include 'He used to be fat before the gastric band', 'His favourite sausage is the Cumberland', and 'He used to have dial-up, now he's got broadband'

As you can see, we have far too much time on our hands.

Pleeeease can someone document this properly? It should at least go on the history site for future generations! I love the singing and getting the songs for individual players is brilliant :D

That should, of course read 'Going Underground'; confusion arose because of the parody version. Either that or because I was still delirious from our massive win!

The order of the verses needs to be clarified first; then it will ring out loud and clear

Oh, and just to add: what a superb game. Fantastic team performance, cannot lavish enough praise on all the players and management. A massive, massive well done

I have been a Margate follower for a short time now and never heard how good the choir was, the atmosphere was awesome and the football was fantastic!

I think the whole team were man of the match - it proves the fact that strong teams start in defence - a great performance & agree about the choir, it was good to hear some of the old songs again. Keep it up everybody. Oh by the way if you are going to give out food as raffle prizes please make sure that it is in date code not 8 days over !

(and coach leberl who seems a fantastic asset in his role )

where is this disciplinary league published Chris?

Interested ,as i similarly noted a general lack of bookings and thought we must be creeping up the NLP fair play league.

I just want to win everything going

Cheers-impressive-

well done management team and players.

Important with a small squad.

Got to be careful tonight against young nimble players on a wet pitch-easy to mis-time things and get a red card-hope the players hold back a bit tonight.

Is it still the case that kent FA games have different disciplinary procedures-did'nt we fall foul of that a couple of seasons ago ,and a sending off in a psf (think it was skinner) in a Kent fa game 'rules' resulted in something like a 6 match ban instead of a 3. Do Kent FA rules still apply-or am i imagining something weird

Edited by michael

Whilst I'm pretty sure we have been "goodish boys" this season, just 2 yellows,no reds & 5 technical area infringements don't seem to ring true with me (without checking back).

As pointed out to me didn't we have a player red carded at Hastings for one & I dont recall any technical infringements at all. Just two yellows thus far seems incredible, if true?

Having said all the above the discipline record does seem to have improved & its little things like this together with the consistency factor returning,something we have all been striving for,that has contributed to this good run of form we find ourselves in.

Edited by Cookie