Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bury Town 2 - 1 AFC Hornchurch

Ian_W

Today's team:-

1 Joe Woolley

2 Ricky Hayles

3 Joe Anderson

4 Elliott Styles

5 Reiss Noel

6 Frankie Curley

7 Jonathan Hunt

8 Simon Glover

9 Leslie Thompson

10 Lewis Smith

11 Michael Spencer

Substitutes

12 Tambeson Eyong

13 Tommy Black

14 Andy Tomlinson

15 Aaron Gayle

16 Jamie Love

Very frustrating game today.

Got caught for the first goal, a bit too easy for Bury.

I think that we were the better team for vast periods of the game, even when we were down to 10 men.

Referee didn't have any consistancy - was booking Hornchurch players but ignored similar fouls from Bury.

Thought the second yellow for Reiss was harsh as well.

Supposed to be two minutes injury time as well, Bury got the winner in the 4th - didn't see that many stoppages in injury time.

I know that sounds like whinging and I'm sure there's going to be games where we get the luck - but it's so frustrating as we didn't deserve to lose that.

With 10 men (again) we were going to find it tough to get a result, especially being 1-0 down. I know that Bury are a decent side and they should also be play-off contenders. Personally I hope we avoid them at the end of the season, or better still get ourselves goal hungry again and go on to win this league.

What was added on was irrelevant.The announcer could of said it a minute or so early by mistake.To be honest 2 minutes was probably not enough time to add on,more like 4 IMO you still have to defend.Had we of scored just before then we would of won the game.

They scored 2 we scored 1 so they deserved it.My grip is with the two yellows for reiss while he constantly let their fouls,two of which were way worse than what reiss done go

Can anyone tell me what happened at the end?

Tambeson was surrounded by home players and things looked to be getting very nasty.

What was it all about?

Yes,a home player (number 6 I believe) ran up to him and screamed "[****!!****] get in" or words to that effect.No need for it,they have the 3 points and could of shook hands and walked off,they were obviously looking for a bite

For anyone to suggest that if we don't win this league we would want to avoid them is ridiculous,they are a shower of Sh1t in my opinion.not a good team at all and one we will beat in a one off match.FACT

Thanks rob :D

It's probably partly my fault as I remember putting on here a while ago how I was surprised Bury were struggling and looking like being mid table. Really though it will be a tough home play-off whoever we could play, so the league title needs to be our goal. Lets see how the rest of the season goes. Saturday is an important game to win and get back on track with the league.