Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 28th scores/results

Wattsy

Updated league table here

http://www.clubwebsi...383/LeagueTable

Epsom & Ewell deducted 3 points for playing an ineligible player v Croydon.

Horley v Badshot Lea match awarded to Horley.

Cc 1 st Hanworth now Epsom deducted points! And what do Croydon get out of this? Nothing I suppose where do them six points go? Nowhere that's where joke! we should either get the points or at least reply the game! Because if it happened in a cup game you would have been awarded it correct anyone?

Croydon lost the 2 games in question. Had they won them would you be seeking extra points?

We lost what if the player had a big influence on game, scoring goals, setting them up or stopping them, I think they should be replayed

Unfortunately we didn't take our chances and wembley did, no problem whatsoever! Fair play to wembley good win for them!!

Roll on next week

heard this game was a little like palace Cardiff with wembley only having 4 shots fair play to them good win against leaders guilford

How did millwall do in the semis??? Lol

silly cup bill still in the fa cup mate;)

If you play an illegible player that its your own fault and the opposition should be awarded the game by three goals to nil and the offending club should be fined.

Clubs sign up to the League Rules at the start of each season. Clubs also have the option to seek changes to rules if they don't agree with them. The current rules don't allow the awarding of goals, only points.:

Any Club without just cause failing to fulfil an engagement to play a Competition match on the appointed date shall for each offence be liable to expulsion from the Competition and/or such other disciplinary action the Board may determine, including the deduction of up to a maximum of three points from the offending Club’s record, any expenses incurred by their opponents, and a fine in accordance with the Fines Tariff.

In the event of a Club being in breach of the previous paragraph of this Rule then the Board may award points to the Club not at fault as if the match had been played and the League table shall reflect the position as if the match had been played with the result awarded by the Board.

Can someone put an update of the top 8 in CCL prem or direct me to a link 4 the league.

Try this

http://full-time.the...?league=3956158

Hadn't realised Dorking had fallen so far. Having had a good start and looked safely mid table, now on a terrible run and only four points from the trapdoor. With all the pending restructuring, we really don't want to find ourselves marooned in Div 1 next season.

NG goes on about Sandhurst shipping goals, well Chicks are even worse. Never mind, Windsor are in town on Tuesday... :depressed:

Real 6 pointer at Mole Valley SCR next Saturday.

Very true TRS, theres normally one team that goes on free fall and it looks like Dorking are that team with only 1 draw and 9 losses (all competitions) in last 10 games conceeding a total of 36 a ratio of 3.6 goals per game !

I saw Windsor Saturday, going forward they are good, defensively I've seen better in CCL but they will score goals cos strikers are decent, well they should be for the money they get......oh sorry forgot, Chennells doesn't get paid, he's playing for the love of Windsor FC.........lol !!!

Defensively we were poor in the 1st half. But both full backs have, I believe, played most of their careers in central defence so, (no disrespect) as both are mid / late 30s, it's probably not surprising they were easily turned and outpaced when Molesey's attackers were in full flow. It will continue to be a weakness if not addressed.

Still, worth pointing out that Windsor still has the best defensive record in the league.

Talking of free falling, Whyteleafe have only drawn 1 and lost 11 (all competitions) in last 12 games. They are sitting bottom of Ryman South Div. 1 with a lot to do bar the exception of the defunct Croydon Athletic. BUT could they get a ''reprieve'' due to Croydon Athletic and others going out of business ? If so, I presume they would get relegated to the CCL or could they possibly go to the Kent league ?

GF, VP ?

Defensively we were poor in the 1st half. But both full backs have, I believe, played most of their careers in central defence so, (no disrespect) as both are mid / late 30s, it's probably not surprising they were easily turned and outpaced when Molesey's attackers were in full flow. It will continue to be a weakness if not addressed.

Still, worth pointing out that Windsor still has the best defensive record in the league.

CREDIT MUST GO TO WINDSORS MANAGEMENT FOR HIGHLIGHTING THE WEAKNESS IN THEIR DEFENCE AND MAKE THE NECESSARY CHANGE AND GAMBLE AT HALF TIME. CREDIT ALSO MUST GO TO MOLESEY MANAGEMENT FOR NOTICING AND PLAY ON WINDSORS WEAKNESSES WHICH BECAME VERY FRUITFUL. IN MY OPINION, IF I WAS THE MOLESEY MANAGER, NOTICING THE CHANGE OF WINDSORS SYSTEM TO 3.5.2 I WOULD HAVE ALSO CHANGED TO A 3.5.1 TO COMPETE IN MIDFIELD WHICH IS WHERE MOLESEY LOST THE 2ND HALF BATTLE, SO CREATING THE PRESSURE ON THEIR DEFENCE....

Updated league table here

http://www.clubwebsi...383/LeagueTable

Epsom & Ewell deducted 3 points for playing an ineligible player v Croydon.

Horley v Badshot Lea match awarded to Horley.

Cc 1 st Hanworth now Epsom deducted points! And what do Croydon get out of this? Nothing I suppose where do them six points go? Nowhere that's where joke! we should either get the points or at least reply the game! Because if it happened in a cup game you would have been awarded it correct anyone?

Croydon lost the 2 games in question. Had they won them would you be seeking extra points?

GF why would Croydon seek more points if they had won the game! If Croydon had won the game the two teams in question take the fine surely. What if Croydon where fighting relegation and needed three or six of those points to stay up? It's all if s and maybe's!

Tickets Please!

NG, you should have said hello. I would have bought you a beer.

Windsor Prog. I was in the clubhouse for a while talking to some of your players and a few fans who in fairness don't really stay that long do they....shame ? I might have even spoke to you ! I was waiting to have a word with Scott but apparently the management had a meeting after the game, so went home......... ps: The generator lasted....lol !!!

Talking of free falling, Whyteleafe have only drawn 1 and lost 11 (all competitions) in last 12 games. They are sitting bottom of Ryman South Div. 1 with a lot to do bar the exception of the defunct Croydon Athletic. BUT could they get a ''reprieve'' due to Croydon Athletic and others going out of business ? If so, I presume they would get relegated to the CCL or could they possibly go to the Kent league ?

GF, VP ?

Croydon A disappearing wont save them. Only teams from above going bust might do that. There are two relegation places in the IL1S and if they are in there, then they will likely come down to the CCLP although I suppose Kent league is a possiblity - they would love that!

PS. On the Croydon thing - if they'd won the game then they would have the points that they now feel they have 'lost' thanks to one (apparently world-class) player that single-handedly won the game.

As an Epsom supporter whose team have just lost the points, I totally agree with Tickets that Croydon should have been given them instead, or at the very least, the game replayed.

Imagine (in extreme circumstances, admittedly, but bear with me) that your team is second (let's say Windsor) and they need a win against a bottom team to get the title (let's say Chessington, as they are more likely to have an outstanding match or seven to play because of postponements). However, the team in first place (let's say Guildford) decides to loan the bottom team their entire squad who then beat your team. **** - Please see disclaimer at the bottom ***

Of course, the bottom team won't get the points, as they would be deducted for the ineligible players, but neither would your team under the current rules, leaving you second. The team in first goes up and swallows the fine on behalf of the bottom team, who may have even had a better gate because they publicised what they would do locally and people wanted to watch how it all played out.

In short, everyone wins except the team who were wronged.

Now as I say, these are unusual circumstances, but just imagine you were in first place and your games were finished, with only one team going up to step four? I bet you'd give it thought, even if the fine was a few thousand, as you'd easily pick that up in Step Four revenue over the season.

Croydon should definitely have six points more than they have. Ourselves and Hanworth played ineligible players, end of story. Regardless of what rules the clubs sign up to, (and does anyone really believe that a team wouldn't join a league because it didn't like one particular rule? - seriously GF!) the rule needs amendment to avoid this.

As for Saturday's match against Dorking, it was very even for twenty-five minutes. By half time though, we were two up and it could have been four as their lack of confidence showed through and it was a very easy win in the end against a team with a great keeper but no back four of any description on the day.

Strange really, we won but went down two places because of the deduction! Oh well, easy come, easy go!

*** Disclaimer - the names of the teams are just for illustration. No one is suggesting that any team in this league would do this sort of thing. However, in an imaginary league, far far away ......

HKP - congratulations. I've lost count of the amount of people that dn't seem to know the difference between ineligible and illegible. You are just the latest. :P

Edited by E&E Ed

As an Epsom supporter whose team have just lost the points, I totally agree with Tickets that Croydon should have been given them instead, or at the very least, the game replayed.

Imagine (in extreme circumstances, admittedly, but bear with me) that your team is second (let's say Windsor) and they need a win against a bottom team to get the title (let's say Chessington, as they are more likely to have an outstanding match or seven to play because of postponements). However, the team in first place (let's say Guildford) decides to loan the bottom team their entire squad who then beat your team. **** - Please see disclaimer at the bottom ***

Of course, the bottom team won't get the points, as they would be deducted for the ineligible players, but neither would your team under the current rules, leaving you second. The team in first goes up and swallows the fine on behalf of the bottom team, who may have even had a better gate because they publicised what they would do locally and people wanted to watch how it all played out.

In short, everyone wins except the team who were wronged.

Now as I say, these are unusual circumstances, but just imagine you were in first place and your games were finished, with only one team going up to step four? I bet you'd give it thought, even if the fine was a few thousand, as you'd easily pick that up in Step Four revenue over the season.

Croydon should definitely have six points more than they have. Ourselves and Hanworth played ineligible players, end of story. Regardless of what rules the clubs sign up to, (and does anyone really believe that a team wouldn't join a league because it didn't like one particular rule? - seriously GF!) the rule needs amendment to avoid this.

As for Saturday's match against Dorking, it was very even for twenty-five minutes. By half time though, we were two up and it could have been four as their lack of confidence showed through and it was a very easy win in the end against a team with a great keeper but no back four of any description on the day.

Strange really, we won but went down two places because of the deduction! Oh well, easy come, easy go!

*** Disclaimer - the names of the teams are just for illustration. No one is suggesting that any team in this league would do this sort of thing. However, in an imaginary league, far far away ......

HKP - congratulations. I've lost count of the amount of people that dn't seem to know the difference between ineligible and illegible. You are just the latest. :P

ED your comments make sense to me but room for more debate. Also there's been no reply from you to my earlier thread/post as to why there does appear to be an admin problem at E&E with the above and your reserves being suspended for a month due to admin problems, is this why your reserve team manager left E&E or was he actually asked to leave ?.

Interesting............

Thanks, do I get a prize? (it was a typo, I know the difference...)

CREDIT MUST GO TO WINDSORS MANAGEMENT FOR HIGHLIGHTING THE WEAKNESS IN THEIR DEFENCE AND MAKE THE NECESSARY CHANGE...

Rocket science it wasn't!

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the game and the hospitality.

Well it certainly was a game of two halfs on Saturday!

First half, we saw why Eversley beat Guernsey. They were all over us like a rash and did not give us a moment on the ball.

They scored a very good first goal after their player was allowed too much time and space in the box to pick out the top corner at my far post. We had a couple of half chances but nothing clear cut. Eversley then got their second after their left back had time to put a cross in which went pretty much straight in after what I thought was a foul on me but neither the ref or linesman saw it.

We then got the usual bollocking at half time and knew we had to score early on to have any chance. We did and we went on from there as we took a stranglehold of the game and got into the lead. Eversley then pushed their big centre half up top but he didn't make much of an impact and we made it 5-2 before it was damage limitation and he got sent back to defence.

What happened Kroons? How come you didn't perform like you did in the first?

Continuing the debate E&E, I think your scenario, with a slight variance, shows the reasons why the decision to award points or not is one best made by the Board based on the circumstances of the case. If it were always the case that teams were awarded 3 points when their opponents played an ineligible player then (by your example and thus subject to the same disclaimer) Windsor would only need to supply 1 such player for a few minutes as sub to be guaranteed the 3 points they required.

The League have the power to award points or not, and in my opinion they rarely if ever get it wrong. There is after all, quite a difference between a Club inadvertently playing a player who is a few hours away from finishing a ban and a Club who deliberately play a ringer under a false name.

Not me mate I was watching not quite enjoying your shall we say "colourful" language !!!

Lol...I do get like that..can't help it...it's the passion of the game!

You should have come over to me and said hello at some point. Or did I speak to you and not know it? :ph34r:

My apologies if I did and didn't realise!