Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 31st January

Mewcenary

I work in Dorking, less than 300 yards from the ground and we have had a very, very light flurry of snow around 12.00. This has stopped and it is around 1 degree right now.

The pitch at Meadowbank is quite heavy, so like with Ash who regularly manage to play in such circumstances and fair play to them, there is no reason at all why Dorking v Windsor shouldn't go ahead.

Anyway, a pitch doesn't in my opinion become frozen at zero. Three or four below is a different matter, but it's not expected to get near that figure currently.

Hopefully the referees at the other games tonight will wait until nearer the time before deciding to call the games off. All the expense associated with a game being postponed far outweigh the ocasional wasted motorway journey.

Banstead is in a different micro-climate to the rest of us, but if I were the league, I'd want to know why a game is being allowed to be cancelled eight hours before kick off just because the forecast is "a little chilly".

Weather forecast for Dorking as of 1 minute ago: Zero degrees and a bit gusty.

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

As mentioned before, could Banstead be yet another game that's ''conveniently'' called off for some reason ? Maybe short of players tonight ? They could call upon their reserves, oh no they haven't got a reserve team......!

Go take your tedious conspiracy theories elsewhere.

COULD !

Oh my dearest Windsor Ed you are so naive........but thats understandable, just stick to producing programmes chum....ask managers if my theories are tedious.......tell them to be honest and truthful, then you can apologise !

Apologise for what? All you do is contradict and spread mallicious rumour. Just for once try being positive and non confrontational. How about doing something constructive for once? And what is wrong with being naive? I try and see the best in every situation. I generally give people the benefit of the doubt but that can only happen for so long.

Now where is that ignore option?

To settle the argument once and for all, I live fairly near to Banstead so I will drive past the ground and see if I can see what the pitch is like. If not then I will survey the surrounding areas and report back here to say whether the game could have gone ahead or not!!

I work in Dorking, less than 300 yards from the ground and we have had a very, very light flurry of snow around 12.00. This has stopped and it is around 1 degree right now.

The pitch at Meadowbank is quite heavy, so like with Ash who regularly manage to play in such circumstances and fair play to them, there is no reason at all why Dorking v Windsor shouldn't go ahead.

Anyway, a pitch doesn't in my opinion become frozen at zero. Three or four below is a different matter, but it's not expected to get near that figure currently.

Hopefully the referees at the other games tonight will wait until nearer the time before deciding to call the games off. All the expense associated with a game being postponed far outweigh the ocasional wasted motorway journey.

Banstead is in a different micro-climate to the rest of us, but if I were the league, I'd want to know why a game is being allowed to be cancelled eight hours before kick off just because the forecast is "a little chilly".

Weather forecast for Dorking as of 1 minute ago: Zero degrees and a bit gusty.

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

As mentioned before, could Banstead be yet another game that's ''conveniently'' called off for some reason ? Maybe short of players tonight ? They could call upon their reserves, oh no they haven't got a reserve team......!

Go take your tedious conspiracy theories elsewhere.

Just to clear that up that statement couldnt be more wrong. We dont have a reserve side but have a 1st team squad of 17/18 who are currently nearly all fit and wanting to play. Players are being completely left out at the moment due to the squad we have.

Sorry for the delay. Been busy with family business for a couple of days.

The pitch was checked earlier today. Cold, yes, but still fairly soft in places.

We're leaving it down to the match official.

To settle the argument once and for all, I live fairly near to Banstead so I will drive past the ground and see if I can see what the pitch is like. If not then I will survey the surrounding areas and report back here to say whether the game could have gone ahead or not!!

I pass near the ground on my way to and from work. Was lots of white bits on the verges and lawns this afternoon so no surprise that it is off

Thanks to the ref & Epsom for the 2 hour round trip. Surely it should of been called off earlier.

What like Banstead was to howls of derision.

Like I said how can a game be DEFINITELY ON !!!

Guernsey now 3-2 up, confusion over who scored. Dom Heaume or Sam Cochrane.