Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 31st January

Mewcenary

Results

League

Cove 1-7 South Park

Others OFF

Cup

Badshot Lea 8-1 Sandhurst (holders out)

Egham 2-2 Guernsey (extra time GFC leading 4-2)

Banstead v Worc Pk OFF

Edited by Chris Clapham

Black sent off for a second yellow, but GFC now 5-2 up, Dyer with the goal, a real cracker!

Edited by HKP

I can see most games being postponed. Here it's below freezing now....only going to about 3 degrees during the day and back to freezing after 6pm.

Thanks to the ref & Epsom for the 2 hour round trip. Surely it should of been called off earlier.

No one listens to me! :P

Great results for Guernsey Badshot and Park. Wonder if Cove and Egham are regretting getting those games on now? ;)

I can see most games being postponed. Here it's below freezing now....only going to about 3 degrees during the day and back to freezing after 6pm.

Thanks to the ref & Epsom for the 2 hour round trip. Surely it should of been called off earlier.

No one listens to me! :P

Great results for Guernsey Badshot and Park. Wonder if Cove and Egham are regretting getting those games on now? ;)

Your not wrong there bommie we were a shambles tonight no excuses terrible performance

Egham Town 2 Guernsey 5 aet

First half was pretty good. Guernsey play decent football, not all long stuff to Allen. We got away with some dreadful defending but still went in 0-1 thanks to Allen's good finish. Second half was wonderful for us, until we went in front. Brendan Matthew scored off his back and with a backheel but two minutes later Zico Black levelled. In extra time our defending went to pieces and Guernsey took full advantage. Good luck to them. They play good stuff and have a very dangerous front line so it is no surprise they have 99 league goals already. Whatever the CCL One record is for GF I am sure they can break it. We need to get our sh*t together in defence.

As I have mentioned before on a previous thread/post, what is it with this season. There has been some really crazy scores 4.5.6.7.8's on a regular basis in the CCL, so I ask are the defences really that weak or are the strikers actually too good for the defences ?

Of course there is always the outside chance that Badshot Lea played particularly well, but that wouldn't attract as much publicity eh?

Oh but it would GF especially if Dunc the Unc was Badshot Lea's Assistant Manager........lol !!!

Lets be honest GF leaking 41 goals in 10 games...........please and thats since the new Assitant Manager arrived at Sandhurst.......but I'm sure its just a coincidence. Perhaps he should go and help DT10 ....lol !

Do not include us in your accusations pjmole. It was totally out of our hands, so be careful who you criticise. Both us and Merstham made every effort to get this game on.

So you had a wasted journey. Ah well, sorry about that. I spent ten hours creating a programme and was putting the flags out when the referee decided it was off, while the Merstham guy was painting the lines. Sorry the ref couldn't get take time of work to get there two hours earlier to save little old you the journey.

What annoyed me most of all was that the game should have been played anyway. After it was called off with the official decision being because "players might hurt themselves if they fell" (referee's words) I went out to the "so-called" firmer bit of ground and was able to create a hole with my thumb. The pitches are much harder in August, but no one seems to think about that when making these decisions. Of course the pitch was firm, it's January and it's a bit chilly.

The pitch was perfectly playable last night and the decision totally reeked of "elf and safety" from a ref that was only concerned with maybe getting some sort of litigation thrown at him if a player did suffer a freak accident. All the players wanted to play, and an enormous amount of people were inconvnienced by one person who in most cases has never even played at that level and despite being given the authority to, is less equipped than many others at the ground to be making that sort of decision.

I thought the decision was cowardly and I'll repeat it here. I left the ground soon afterwards while the officials were thumbing through the handbook to find out how much they would be paid. Clubs at our level can't afford things like this, and I still struggle to understand why an official can't consult with both Managers before making a decision that will inconvenience so many. Instead he makes an arbitrary decision with no thought for anyone but himself, and I can justify that by saying that if he really was interested in the players welfare, he'd have spoken to both teams who were by that time present. (6.15).

As I said yesterday, if it was three or four below then fair enough, but the game could easily have been played. To prove this I went down to Fetcham Grove instead; a ground right next to a river where freezing is more of an issue, and which has had weather related issues in the past. They played with no question at all. However, all I kept thinking about during the game was how much money our club had wasted due to a rank bad decision.

We'll see Molesey later in the season but if the same ref is appointed then we'd better make it a damp evening in April. pjmole, maybe you might want to get the ref's phone number before travelling next time and ask him to let you know whether its on.

Edited by E&E Ed