Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Race Night

All,

In the belief that history can't repeat itself I am intending to hold another Race Night at the club on the evening of our last league game of the season, home to St Neots on the 28th April. ( For those who can't remember I held one after the final game at home to Harrow in 2010 :( )

I will be sponsoring a race and as usual the final race will be an auction, which leaves me looking for 6 generous sponsors for the remaining races.

To sponsor a race you need to provide a prize in the region of £20 or you can give me the cash and I will buy a litre of spirit. Then name the eight runners which will be sold and the winner owner gets your prize. Simples.

There will also be tote style betting on the night with a few bonus betting opportunities thrown in.

As usual there will a mixture of dog and horse races but I will also try to throw in some additional fun races such as pigs, snails and trotting.

Your support as sponsors, owners or just on the night will be appreciated.

SBF

Count us in to sponser a race.

Race number 7 please (if poss)

Race Name; Super 7 Legends Chase

Names to follow

Seven, Race 7 is all yours only problem is I don't know who you are ? PM me or email me at club.manager@atmfc.co.uk.

Swifty, Thanks (again as usual). I was looking at a Japanese themed race, The Kiri Chase ?

I'm sorting out a new and (hopefully)improved Race Card for the evening in which I hope to include a tongue in cheeck form guide for each race. If any of you want to add that to your list of horse names (only about a dozen words for each name)than that would be great, if not I'll try to add something.

As an example I've used the theme of catchphrases for the auction race and named one of the horses "Super Lovely Samshing" ... the form is:

Super, Lovely, Smashing: Jim Bowen will be aiming for the Bullseye with this runner. Full brother to “Let See What You Would Of Won” His age may be against him.

Get the idea ?

SBF

Phil, Seven is either Chris (the lad who looks a bit like a skinhead - he'll kill me for that) or Graham (married to Sue - I think that's her name), who stand with Russ's dad Chris, Tony and Peter in front of me on the terraces.

I'll do my best with the Japanese theme. Give me a few days and I'll think of something.

Edited by Swifty

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, as requested by Phil, here we go with the KIRI-OKE CLASSIC, a themed race with all the horses Nipponised versions of old hit singles as follows...

Band Honda Run

Hey Judo

If You Knew Sushi

Kimono Not My Baby

Nissan Dorma

Peggy Sumo

Shogun Wedding

Telegram Samurai

I’ll pay £20 for the race prize soon as poss.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update.

All the races are now sponsored and I have names and form for most of them. If Whitelaw and Seven could provide me with their horse names asap I can get the notices up in good time to hopefully find owners for all the runners. (I'll do the form guide if you don't want to).

Thanks to all,

SBF

• 1 month later...

Many thanks to all of you who turned up on Saturday, especially to Sue Cox and Sue Cooly who provided food for the evening.

The lucky winning owners were:

Race 1 3. Catch It Scott Jones Litre Scotch

Race 2 4. Kimino Not My Baby No Owner Litre Bacardi (held over to Presentation Night Raffle)

Race 3 5. Lucky Luckins No Owner Fatboy gave the hanging baskets to Sue Cox and Carmel Baker

Race 4 4. Bowles The Skilful Dan Butler Bottle Amaretto

Race 5 6. David Webb Ben Murray Litre Vodka

Race 6 3. Leonard Skinhead Len & Chris 20 lottery tickets

Race 7 8. Grand Stan Matthews Sue Thorne 7 asssorted drinks

Race 8. 1. Nice To See You .. Chris Canderton £160 from the auction

Congratulations to all.

SBF