Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Games off Sat 11th Feb

Note that the league have issued a statement that clubs are permitted to call off games today (Friday) on this occasion (with the agreement of the match referee).

It also advises clubs to make every attempt to get the game on, although with last night's snowfall.... :-(

I was at Aldershot Town FC last night and a bit jealous of their covers!

because no topic is complete without a GFC update.

not much rain, no snow and compared to England not very cold this week, only hitting lows of about 2 degree's. A bit grey today but forecast is for 4degree's and a bit of sun tomorrow.

good day for a winters game

because no topic is complete without a GFC update.

not much rain, no snow and compared to England not very cold this week, only hitting lows of about 2 degree's. A bit grey today but forecast is for 4degree's and a bit of sun tomorrow.

good day for a winters game

We shall see you tomorrow then Franco (assuming flights at Gatwick are going ok!!).

Best take that gorgeous hat of yours then Jurgs, just in case ;)

If I was a Club Smudge I'd be very reluctant spending time and resources clearing a pitch of snow and water when the pitch will probably freeze this evening anyway.

Sometimes you have to accept the inevitable and it's pleasing to see that the league are using common sense and allowing Club's to call off games themselves if there is no prospect of it going ahead.

All about desire Jurgs, twice in my warlingham days I got the players and other 'volunteers' to come up on the sat morning to clear a foot of snow off the pitch at Verdayne.

Get the snow off, no waterlogging, and interestingly the covering of snow seems to see off the frost

That's well and good, but the lower part of the snow already froze through the night and with some seriously low temperatures tonight, the chance of doing that in the morning before kick off will be very slim?

No one likes games being called off, so to say it's lazy is a bit unfair, although I see your points!

Fair enough if you can get enough of them, but that's not always easy. I imagine most would be working today until it's dark, so that leaves tomorrow morning to clear and thaw pitches........afraid that's highly unrealistic given the temps forecast!

I appreciate where you are coming from, but agree with Wattsy, to say clubs are lazy is a bit blinkered! Not much volunteers can do to thaw a pitch out!

All about desire Jurgs, twice in my warlingham days I got the players and other 'volunteers' to come up on the sat morning to clear a foot of snow off the pitch at Verdayne.

Get the snow off, no waterlogging, and interestingly the covering of snow seems to see off the frost

Works if it snows before frost spy but i think if there is a frost alreay there it stays. Snow is a natural insulator.

Bear in mind Smudge that several league grounds have coverings and they still couldn't get their games on last week.

Agree Spy. We have already made plans to reverse our fixture with FG tomorrow if we can not play at theirs and we are prepared to get down early to clear the pitch off. It takes a bit more effort and may be wishful thinking but we would be prepared to give it a go. All the players at SFC are keen to play since our new signings and our last result.

Fingers crossed.