Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Raynes Park Vale Sports Quiz Night

Dobo Snr

Spoke to DB re this is Monday. I am trying to get a team there Dobo.

if not, maybe me and Mrs will come for a few bevvies!

Depends on what she has planned for sat nite!

Shame it's tomorrow, we would have come. As it is we are all going to see Big Country at Shepherds Bush Empire

I won't be entering, you're alright.

Despite Raynes Park advertising Epsom's last quiz as a joint quiz in their own match programme that day, they declined to even put a team in for the event.

We advertised well enough. I put it down to the venue myself.

Just had a sneky look at the questions.......

1. How many fingers am I hoding up ?

2. If Monday is the first day and Wednesday is the third day, what is the second day ?

3, Who IS NG ?

4. Who will Harry Redknapp appoint as his deputy in the England job ?

They got a lot easier after the first four !

:bolt:

I won't be entering, you're alright.

Despite Raynes Park advertising Epsom's last quiz as a joint quiz in their own match programme that day, they declined to even put a team in for the event.

We advertised well enough. I put it down to the venue myself.

As far as I was aware it wasn't a joint effort it was 1 of the events you promise to have at RPV. Well thats what I was told anyway

E&E Ed, I can assure you this was not a joint effort. If it was advertised as a joint effort in the programme then this was a misunderstanding with the programme printers. RPV’s only input was to provide the venue at the request of Epsom & Ewell. In a previous post you blamed the venue for lack of attendance, well if you don’t like it then go somewhere else next time, RPV did after all provide the venue Free of Charge.

Interested in your comment that your chairman makes things up as he goes along, maybe I will mention that to him next time I speak to him.

Not sure why you’re making a big point about RPV not entering a team, by the look of the attendance on the night, I think it was 3 teams, against the expected number of teams RPV were told to expect, it would appear several “clubs” didn’t bother to enter a team.

Also, before you start moaning at RPV for not entering a team; please look at your own club. I believe that none of your clubs committee made up a team, although am happy to be corrected on this point if any of them did? But I am sure none of your players or team management entered a team, surely one team would have been nice! After all Epsom were at RPV for a game that day so they didn’t have far to travel for there own clubs Quiz Night.

I actually thought, & have been told by those who stayed the whole night, the guy that run the Quiz did an excellent Job. It was well organised with some good questions; I believe this was you E&E Ed?  It was a shame that there wasn’t more people turn up. But don’t start blaming RPV for the venue, or how it was advertised.

I think you have misunderstood my point.

I wasn't moaning at RPV, I was reflecting on the irony of RPV running a quiz when they couldn't be bothered to get a team up for one that was run on their doorstep. I am just interested to see how many teams you get, bearing in mind that we offered a guaranteed £200 first prize and we still couldn't get people there. However, if someone wants to have a dig because of the number of teams, then they will get a response.

The issue of a lack of support from our own club has been discussed in much detail at our club already, I can assure you. We were not happy, and as a result I shall never run a quiz of any kind again.

Our Committee is quite small and three of them were already involved in running the quiz but I certainly thought the players could have put a team up. The majority of the entrants were Epsom supporters and another team from Sutton entered too. Maybe people just don't want a quiz any more.

Our Chairman does make things up as he goes along. We have no money and he's just entered our Reserves into a voluntary Suburban League competition which will cost us a minimum of £300 and nearer £600 if we progress. Didn't bother to consult with anyone though and never does. When explained to him he stubbornly refuses to withdraw the club from the event.

In four years time we'll be playing park football because of a lack of money, bedcause of the rate that it is being wasted, not to mention league fines. By all means take it up with him, he might have thought up a valid reason for justifying entry by then, but don't hold your breath.

I think you have misunderstood my point.

I wasn't moaning at RPV, I was reflecting on the irony of RPV running a quiz when they couldn't be bothered to get a team up for one that was run on their doorstep. I am just interested to see how many teams you get, bearing in mind that we offered a guaranteed £200 first prize and we still couldn't get people there. However, if someone wants to have a dig because of the number of teams, then they will get a response.

The issue of a lack of support from our own club has been discussed in much detail at our club already, I can assure you. We were not happy, and as a result I shall never run a quiz of any kind again.

Our Committee is quite small and three of them were already involved in running the quiz but I certainly thought the players could have put a team up. The majority of the entrants were Epsom supporters and another team from Sutton entered too. Maybe people just don't want a quiz any more.

Our Chairman does make things up as he goes along. We have no money and he's just entered our Reserves into a voluntary Suburban League competition which will cost us a minimum of £300 and nearer £600 if we progress. Didn't bother to consult with anyone though and never does. When explained to him he stubbornly refuses to withdraw the club from the event.

In four years time we'll be playing park football because of a lack of money, bedcause of the rate that it is being wasted, not to mention league fines. By all means take it up with him, he might have thought up a valid reason for justifying entry by then, but don't hold your breath.

Ed, RPV quiz night a big success 10 teams entered made up of committee members, and 1st & 2nd team players, winning team put their prize behind bar for everyone to have a drink. Great night

Right now Dobo I just don't have the time, but if there was a quiz out there then we might be able to get a team up. Maybe later on in the season, but too many programmes to set up at present.