Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mo Farah

I was just wondering why there is such a fuss about Mo Farah as he is a Somali, was born in Mogadishu and lives most of the year in the US, how can he be classed as British

Hookey - Yes exactly, and Greg Rusedski and Lennox Lewis for example, why can't we (Britain) produce our own home grown sports champions, it's embarrassing

why can't we (Britain) produce our own home grown sports champions, it's embarrassing

Why aren't you doing more about it then Rhodes? Are you out there running every morning? Why aren't you qualifying for the Olympics this year?

Loosely - So will you be cheering Mo Farah to Olympic Gold in August, I won't!

Loosely - So will you be cheering Mo Farah to Olympic Gold in August, I won't!

Er...it's not me with the problem about producing home grown sports champions, it's you and all you can do is whinge.

So I'll ask again. What are you doing about it Rhodesy? Will you stamp your feet and sqweam?

Loosely - It can't be that difficult to produce home grown athletes like we used to in the good old days such as David Bedford, Brendan Foster, Steve Cram, Steve Ovett and Sebastian Coe to name just a few

Loosely - It can't be that difficult to produce home grown athletes like we used to in the good old days such as David Bedford, Brendan Foster, Steve Cram, Steve Ovett and Sebastian Coe to name just a few

Well why aren't you doing it instead of just talking about it if its that easy? Very easy to make pronouncements isn't it Rhodesy but where are the answers beyond the bilge you are chatting?

Loosely - What bilge, my valid point is that Mo Farah isn't British so what is all the fuss about

Loosely - What bilge, my valid point is that Mo Farah isn't British so what is all the fuss about

You're making the fuss, if you don't know who does? However he must be British if he's representing Britain at the Olympics wouldn't you think?

Loosely - How can he be British though, that's exactly my point

Loosely - How can he be British though, that's exactly my point

Well you're not making a very good point Rhodesy, thats my point. I think you need more practice.

There's impoverished counties that are unable to afford to send their athletes to the Olympics, so if a talented athlete finds the only way they can compete is to represent a different country can anyone blame them. IMO if the wealthy countries spent less on stadiums that may hardly ever be used again, and instead spent it on helping developing countries send a full compliment of athletes to the London 2012, then talking about the Olympic ideal would have some credibility.

There's impoverished counties that are unable to afford to send their athletes to the Olympics, so if a talented athlete finds the only way they can compete is to represent a different country can anyone blame them. IMO if the wealthy countries spent less on stadiums that may hardly ever be used again, and instead spent it on helping developing countries send a full compliment of athletes to the London 2012, then talking about the Olympic ideal would have some credibility.

Jesus.....another cretin who loves to give our money away

Right on Tory Boy. Lets keep giving our money away to the bankers so they can push it up the wall on bonuses!! Better still lets give those spazzas at the MoD to spend on some more aircraft that can't fire missiles or land on their aircraft carriers lol.

Someone's proud for a change to put on a British shirt and run for us with a chance of winning a medal - there's a f&$king oddity eh?

Do you really think 2012 is good value for money then, tens of millions of pounds being wasted on facilities that will be mothballed within months, and even more millions given to worthless individuals and their mates. I would rather have used existing facilities where possible and spent some of the money saved making the Olympics a genuine global event.

Just getting back to Mo Farah for a minute. it says on Wiki that his father was born in England but met Mo's Mother in Somalia, before returning to England when Mo was eight.

Based on that. I'd say he has as much right to represent England/Great Britain as say Owen Hargreaves.

I'd say he has as much right to represent England/Great Britain as say Owen Hargreaves

Hookey - Exactly, I rest my case

Just getting back to Mo Farah for a minute. it says on Wiki that his father was born in England but met Mo's Mother in Somalia, before returning to England when Mo was eight.

Based on that. I'd say he has as much right to represent England/Great Britain as say Owen Hargreaves.

Well exactly Hookey, blokes got a British father, perfectly entitled to run for us. Well made point sir!