Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mo Farah

True, Alan, but that is life.

I felt the same way when I learnt that celebs got paid to do Comic Relief and Children In Need.

Obviously Professional Athletes are a difficult concept and whilst it is true that the London Marathon does raise a lot of money for charity maybe it is unknown that professional athletes compete for prize money and entrants also pay a fee to take part. It is now a huge commercial operation to promote that charitable exercise involving massive sponsorship deals. It shouldn't be hard for the tories amongst us to understand really. Of course Mo Farah will take criticism on here from a certain person but I think some of the others have been drinking the Kool-Aid or something.

Whatever Rhodes. Not as if any of your previous pronouncements on Mo have had any success.

- 67 on the Rhodes Scale of Stupidity.

Loosely – That’s interesting, so you agree with Mo grabbing £450,000 with both hands to run half a race that is supposed to raise money for good causes

If an athlete is going to get payed for competing in an event that is supposed to raise money for good causes then IMO it should be based on performance, with a reasonable amount set aside for the winners and runners up in each category. £450,000 is an obscene sum of money to give to someone who was only ever going to take part in half the race, and could easily backfire on brand Mo Farah, who has gone from being a genuinely nice guy in many people eyes, to now being seen as another money grabbing a---hole.

• 3 months later...

Congratulations to Mo Farah winning the "Double Double" with his success at the World Championships gaining Gold in both 5,000 metres and 10,000 metres to go with his Olympic Gold medals in the same events making him only the second man ever to achieve this in the distance events.

Well done Mo!

Yes, congratulations to Mo but, without taking anything away from his achievements, I much prefered the good old days of long distance running and watching 'true Brits' David Bedford and Brendan Foster

Yes, congratulations to Mo but, without taking anything away from his achievements, I much prefered the good old days of long distance running and watching 'true Brits' David Bedford and Brendan Foster

Well of course you would Rhodesly. Did either of those two achieve the Double Double? In fact, remind us of how many Olympic and World Championship gold medals they won will you?

IMO Mo is no less British than Bedford or Foster, but obviously far more talented.

Well of course you would Rhodesly. Did either of those two achieve the Double Double? In fact, remind us of how many Olympic and World Championship gold medals they won will you?

Loosely - Like I said I'm not taking anything away from Mo's achievements, all I'm saying is that I much preferred watching Bedford and Foster run for Britain

Eventually maybe but not immediately

I heard he's starting up his own airline:

FLY-MO!

• 1 year later...

What do we think about the developing situation with Mo Farah and his coach Alberto Salazar, there's no smoke without fire is there and I see that Farah has pulled out of a Diamond League race in Birmingham this afternoon:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-3113825/Mo-Farah-angry-insists-unfairly-targeted-drugs-allegations-questions-remain-coach-Alberto-Salazar-British-Athletics-role.html

What do we think about the developing situation with Mo Farah and his coach Alberto Salazar, there's no smoke without fire is there and I see that Farah has pulled out of a Diamond League race in Birmingham this afternoon:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-3113825/Mo-Farah-angry-insists-unfairly-targeted-drugs-allegations-questions-remain-coach-Alberto-Salazar-British-Athletics-role.html

Its impossible to believe Englands greatest ever athlete is not as clean as a whistle.