Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mo Farah

I don't disagree with what you say - it's your opinion and if I have taken your point correctly you are saying that where you feel at home decides your nationality, and that whatever your "blood" it doesn't necessarily come into it. However you seem to be saying that whilst both you and Mo have "foreign blood" also you are british but Mo isn't.

Can I ask whether you know for a fact where Mo Farah feels at home. I only ask because his father is british, mother somali, he has lived here in britain from the age of eight, lived his life since then growing up in the UK and has represented britain as a runner since he was a schoolboy. If you do know, where does he most feel at home and should that be that his nationality?

Edited by Loose

I see that Mo Farah did well in the World Championship 3000 meters today in Turkey finishing a distant fourth!:

3000m Final:

1 Bernard Lagat (USA) 7mins 41.44secs

2 Augustine Kiprono Choge (Ken) 7:41.77

3 Edwin Cheruiyot Soi (Ken) 7:41.78

4 Mohamed Farah (Gbr) 7:41.79

So missing Bronze by .01 seconds,Silver by .02 seconds and Gold by 0.35 seconds (In nearly 8 minutes) is "distant?!"

You really do spout some absolute crap!

didnt realise he had been here since the age of 8, if thats the case then obviously hes British,hes perfectly entitled to represent us its a shame that the same cant be said for many for the competitors who have recently been given citizenship in the quest to win as many medals as possible for Team GB,i believed an American has just been given citizenship who has rather dubious claims to such an award.

Obviously some cases seem ridiculous but I feel that some are merely a convenience, either not good enough to compete for the country that they have lived in most of their lives and yet good enough for us.

Where is the line drawn? Here is another case, a girl of 24 called Keri Anne Payne born in South Africa to two British citizens, had her birth registered as british at the British Consulate and yet lived there until 13. She has spent the longer portion of her life in South Africa so obviously it would only be opinion but where would anyone think that she would feel most at home?

Where is the line for the British Olympics Committee?

Edited by Loose

Loosely - Like I said I have nothing against Mo Farah, I'm sure he's a perfectly decent bloke but he's as British as you and me are Chinese, that's my point

If only you knew how silly that statement is but being the sheltered racist you are you never will.

I suppose some idiot will come on here next and try to tell me that because Prince Philip born on the Greek island of Corfu and baptised at St George's Church at the Palaio Frourio from the family Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksberg should also be denied his English Heritage and should also be banned from representing our Country at the Olympics, like poor young Mo Farah.

Loosely - Like I said I have nothing against Mo Farah, I'm sure he's a perfectly decent bloke but he's as British as you and me are Chinese, that's my point

If only you knew how silly that statement is but being the sheltered racist you are you never will.

I suppose some idiot will come on here next and try to tell me that because Prince Philip born on the Greek island of Corfu and baptised at St George's Church at the Palaio Frourio from the family Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksberg should also be denied his English Heritage and should also be banned from representing our Country at the Olympics, like poor young Mo Farah.

Prince Philip is as british as stuffed crust pizza.

Mo Farah is British enough for me! Good luck to him, and to anyone else who wears the GB kit at the Olympics.

3000m Final:

Yes but the supposed World beater still got beaten didn't he, fourth place wouldn't be acceptable in the Olymics

3000m Final:

Yes but the supposed World beater still got beaten didn't he, fourth place wouldn't be acceptable in the Olymics

Yes but he wouldn't run the 3,000m in the Olympics would he?

Why do you say "supposed" World beater? Is he not he the 5,000m "World Champion"?

• 4 months later...

So how do we think Mo Farah will do later tonight folks in the 10,000 meters final, lets see what he is made of

So how do we think Mo Farah will do later tonight folks in the 10,000 meters final, lets see what he is made of

What do you care Rhodesy, you don't even consider him British?

Saturday 4th August 2012 - I will not forget this day in a long time!

Never felt more proud to be Great British!

What do you care Rhodesy, you don't even consider him British?

Hookey - Well I was cheering him on with everyone else and there were great scenes afterwards with his wife and daughter

Saturday 4th August 2012 - I will not forget this day in a long time!

Never felt more proud to be Great British!

HEAR HEAR !!!

:wow:

:dancinggirls:

It will be nice to see Mo do the double when he runs the 5000 meters later this week, apparently it's his stronger event so surely it's all over bar the shouting after the way he ran on Saturday

You seem to have changed your tune about this particular Brit.

You seem to have changed your tune about this particular Brit.

Predictable.

Loosely – What is predictable is that you post here but not on the New Years Honours List thread, have you got any letters after your name