Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prem Religation Battle

With out doubt the religation battle in the Prem is the most exciting part of this Season thats still left to run its course.

All 3 top finishing teams in Div 1 will go up this year for a change (so no Dorking get out of jail card available lol).

Guildford will now take some catching and are as good as champions so the dogfight at the bottom is where all the action is.

My club Mole Valley Sutton Cobham Rangers (as the boring/repeating TSF likes to call them) are favourites to go down and hold the table up as we have been bottom since the 1st month of the season lol.

But who do you think will be joining us? as there are still 5 or 6 teams in the mix.

Whos your predicted bottom 3? :)

The number of teams going down isn't just dependent on teams available to go up. It is perfectly feasible that only 2 go down but 3 come up, for example if no team is relegated to CCL from Step 4, or assigned by FA. On the other hand it is also perfectly feasible that 3 go down and only 2 come up.

Bottom 3 for me: MVSCR, Banstead & Farnham

I put this same question out yesterday evening, but Tracy (Chairperson of Molesey) said that it was confirmed last night that three will go down.

I didn't understand it myself as surely there will be yet another Step Four reprieve, which would mean that unless someone transfers over there will only be two teams dropping. However Tracy referred to a meeting on Monday so maybe something else has happened that the general public don't yet know about?

With out doubt the religation battle in the Prem is the most exciting part of this Season thats still left to run its course.

All 3 top finishing teams in Div 1 will go up this year for a change (so no Dorking get out of jail card available lol).

Guildford will now take some catching and are as good as champions so the dogfight at the bottom is where all the action is.

My club Mole Valley Sutton Cobham Rangers (as the boring/repeating TSF likes to call them) are favourites to go down and hold the table up as we have been bottom since the 1st month of the season lol.

But who do you think will be joining us? as there are still 5 or 6 teams in the mix.

Whos your predicted bottom 3? :)

The number of teams going down isn't just dependent on teams available to go up. It is perfectly feasible that only 2 go down but 3 come up, for example if no team is relegated to CCL from Step 4, or assigned by FA. On the other hand it is also perfectly feasible that 3 go down and only 2 come up.

Bottom 3 for me: MVSCR, Banstead & Farnham

I put this same question out yesterday evening, but Tracy (Chairperson of Molesey) said that it was confirmed last night that three will go down.

I didn't understand it myself as surely there will be yet another Step Four reprieve, which would mean that unless someone transfers over there will only be two teams dropping. However Tracy referred to a meeting on Monday so maybe something else has happened that the general public don't yet know about?

Hmmm! I think a lot depends on what happens at Portsmouth first.

And, don't forget, clubs could be demoted based on their facilities still!!!

On current form they might not have a choice. Getting tight down there, Marlow are gone, to Hellenic I imagine. North Greenford have picked up, Fleet would be CCL if down there, Aylesbury and Daventry are others and would imagine it's between those 3 and Chertsey who fill the 2nd relegation spot. Whyteleafe look certain to go down, would 2 come into CCL and a current side get shifted elsewhere?

it is getting tight down there and we are well aware of it at Chertsey. I am still without a couple of players but within a week should be back to full strength. Hopefully then we can pick up the points needed.

As we have seen previously just because a side finishes in the bottom two doesn't mean they are coming down.

Clubs folding, other leagues not having a champion club coming up and sides requesting to drop divisions all have a bearing.

For what it's worth though I'm not sure Portsmouth would have a bearing on us as I don't for a minute imagine that their reformed club (and there will be one) would come in any lower than Blue Square National even if the worst happens down there, regardless of what the rules might currently say.

The cost to any clubs lower than that in policing and stewarding would make it a pointless exercise. The landscape has changed since it happened to Aldershot nearly twenty years ago.

As we have seen previously just because a side finishes in the bottom two doesn't mean they are coming down.

Clubs folding, other leagues not having a champion club coming up and sides requesting to drop divisions all have a bearing.

For what it's worth though I'm not sure Portsmouth would have a bearing on us as I don't for a minute imagine that their reformed club (and there will be one) would come in any lower than Blue Square National even if the worst happens down there, regardless of what the rules might currently say.

The cost to any clubs lower than that in policing and stewarding would make it a pointless exercise. The landscape has changed since it happened to Aldershot nearly twenty years ago.

Yep, Spencer's got some money now ;)

What happened to all those predicting relegation for RPV???

they were wrong!! has been a great season so far esp when we are 1 of only a couple of sides that dont pay their players in this league. down the bottom at christmas but we new when we got players back from injury we would start shooting up the table, still unbeaten in the league since the new year p10 w8 d2 and pushing ourselves to finish as high as we can . just a shame that we did not perform in the cup quater last week and make it in2 the semis, esp now seeing he draw! still you cant perform to your maximum every single game as a team, just a shame it had to happen in the cup :(.

What happened to all those predicting relegation for RPV???

they were wrong!! has been a great season so far esp when we are 1 of only a couple of sides that dont pay their players in this league. down the bottom at christmas but we new when we got players back from injury we would start shooting up the table, still unbeaten in the league since the new year p10 w8 d2 and pushing ourselves to finish as high as we can . just a shame that we did not perform in the cup quater last week and make it in2 the semis, esp now seeing he draw! still you cant perform to your maximum every single game as a team, just a shame it had to happen in the cup :(.

DMC....we at Ash Utd want to take some credit.......everytime you played us & beat us you then went on a great run

"can we play you every week"??? :)

lol our 1st little run before xmas you were the last team we beat then we lost our next game!! being honest that was abit of a smash and grab night. but yes got back to winning ways against u in the new year and have not looked back since... thanks ;-)

Which would be a travesty, although I fear you may be correct. I can appreciate they may not be suited for the Wessex but they certainly shouldn't start any higher than the Southern Prem. If Wimbledon are in the BSBP next season (as is looking increasingly likely!), I would not be happy with an AFC Portsmouth turning up with the obligatory big budget!

Which would be a travesty, although I fear you may be correct. I can appreciate they may not be suited for the Wessex but they certainly shouldn't start any higher than the Southern Prem. If Wimbledon are in the BSBP next season (as is looking increasingly likely!), I would not be happy with an AFC Portsmouth turning up with the obligatory big budget!

There's been some interesting discussion on this issue on the another forum:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=389001;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=62315645

Interesting reading and some differing views. All uninformed speculation of course! Even worse in Scotland as they reckon an AFC Rangers would start in the Premier Division! Ridiculous.

What would Celtic do without Rangers in that league.

They would have to rename it the Celtic Premier League as no-one else would ever challenge them for the title :)

Edited by frustin

I believe altho' Portsmouth have gone into Administration, the FA have lent or given them a bung of £800,000 to help them upto the end of the season which should help keep them in business. So I wonder if they will do that with Port Vale ?

Fair ???

Edited by NICE GUY