Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prem Religation Battle

Interesting reading and some differing views. All uninformed speculation of course! Even worse in Scotland as they reckon an AFC Rangers would start in the Premier Division! Ridiculous.

What would Celtic do without Rangers in that league.

They would have to rename it the Celtic Premier League as no-one else would ever challenge them for the title :)

Thats why the SFA will do whatever to keep Rangers/AFC Rangers in the Premier. Believe me the SFA want to keep Rangers 'cos their support helps keep the smaller clubs afloat by increased attendances. Clubs cannot rely on Celtic's payday alone. Its looking bad for the SFA on more ways than one. If Rangers do go and are not allowed in the Scottish Premier would Celtic be allowed to go to the Premier or Championship Leagues ? If that happens, I really fear for Scottish football and their associated clubs !

Edited by NICE GUY

For what it's worth though I'm not sure Portsmouth would have a bearing on us as I don't for a minute imagine that their reformed club (and there will be one) would come in any lower than Blue Square National even if the worst happens down there, regardless of what the rules might currently say.

The cost to any clubs lower than that in policing and stewarding would make it a pointless exercise. The landscape has changed since it happened to Aldershot nearly twenty years ago.

Which would be a travesty, although I fear you may be correct. I can appreciate they may not be suited for the Wessex but they certainly shouldn't start any higher than the Southern Prem. If Wimbledon are in the BSBP next season (as is looking increasingly likely!), I would not be happy with an AFC Portsmouth turning up with the obligatory big budget!

I believe altho' Portsmouth have gone into Administration, the FA have lent or given them a bung of £800,000 to help them upto the end of the season which should help keep them in business. So I wonder if they will do that with Port Vale ?

Fair ???

It's not the FA giving the money NG, it's the Football League giving them the money all FL Clubs normally get. But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story ;)

Portsmouth are to receive around £800,000 from the Football League to help them complete their remaining Championship fixtures.

The money will come from a monthly 'basic award' payment which is given to every Football League club. This is usually suspended when a club goes into administration, but Football League bosses have agreed to release these funds for Portsmouth due to the severity of their situation.

For what it's worth though I'm not sure Portsmouth would have a bearing on us as I don't for a minute imagine that their reformed club (and there will be one) would come in any lower than Blue Square National even if the worst happens down there, regardless of what the rules might currently say.

The cost to any clubs lower than that in policing and stewarding would make it a pointless exercise. The landscape has changed since it happened to Aldershot nearly twenty years ago.

Which would be a travesty, although I fear you may be correct. I can appreciate they may not be suited for the Wessex but they certainly shouldn't start any higher than the Southern Prem. If Wimbledon are in the BSBP next season (as is looking increasingly likely!), I would not be happy with an AFC Portsmouth turning up with the obligatory big budget!

I believe altho' Portsmouth have gone into Administration, the FA have lent or given them a bung of £800,000 to help them upto the end of the season which should help keep them in business. So I wonder if they will do that with Port Vale ?

Fair ???

It's not the FA giving the money NG, it's the Football League giving them the money all FL Clubs normally get. But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story ;)

Portsmouth are to receive around £800,000 from the Football League to help them complete their remaining Championship fixtures.

The money will come from a monthly 'basic award' payment which is given to every Football League club. This is usually suspended when a club goes into administration, but Football League bosses have agreed to release these funds for Portsmouth due to the severity of their situation.

Knew I could rely on you GF - Thanks !

I think by Sunday we will know if Dorking will stay up.

Not because of two results but just by looking at what players are available/selected, and how they perform.

Get those two games out of the way, see who is up for the run in, and we have games against quite a few of those around the bottom of the league which will decide it.

I expected an improved performance, I didnt expect four points as well.

Wage bill has been slashed dramatically but there is still a substantial wage structure compared to most other clubs.

No wins in last seven I think? New managers surely have to be at the forefront of reasons for poor shows!

I am glad BL have slashed their budget. I said in my previous posts they should do that as they are mid-table safe from relegation (at the time) to save the poor grey haired man ''money-man's'' money. He must feel cheated after all these years throwing maney at the club who have vastly underachieved over the last 3-4 seasons.

Think Glimmer, one has to give the players some responsibility here. Why are the manager/s always the scape goat ? Yes they select the players and who plays, but when selected its down to players when they cross the white line ! Could it be that these mercanaries are now sulking 'cos their money has been chopped so really don't give a hoot thinking they are safe.....now thats where the manager/s are worth their weight in gold to make difficult decisions.........

BL look safe but are hovering dangerously above the relegation zone, and if this free fall continues and other clubs below pick up points they could be in trouble having played more games...... for me tho' I think they will be safe.

if badshot play anything like they did against guildford in that cup game last week then cant see why they wont survive. very impressed by the work rate of their strike force

Simple.....they had something to play for NL i in the league they have nothing !

I think by Sunday we will know if Dorking will stay up.

Not because of two results but just by looking at what players are available/selected, and how they perform.

Get those two games out of the way, see who is up for the run in, and we have games against quite a few of those around the bottom of the league which will decide it.

I expected an improved performance, I didnt expect four points as well.

............ and M.V.S.C.R. away tomorrow night.

They'll come out fighting, that's for sure !!

Edited by Big J R

Make yourselves known tomorrow night gents and I might even spring for a pint for you!!!

Regretably, I'm on a two-birthday shopping-prezzie trip to Horsham, and I don't think I'll be back in time to make it over to Cobham.

You never know, though !

No chance of Farnham going down. They worked extremely hard on Tuesday and with that sort of work rate they will get the points they need.

Right now I think it's Chessington, Banstead and regrettably still MVSCR but you really can't discount Colliers Wood right now.

I think 43 points will be good enough for safety, probably 42 with a good GD should do it. If the Premier League always say 40 points is enough for a 38 game season, and it always seems to be plenty, then I don't see anyone going down on 43.

Do we know the remaining fixtures for all that could be put on here, and yes, I know mathematically that Epsom are still involved.

Our remaining fixtures are Chessington & Hook (H), Badshot Lea (A), Guildford (A), Banstead (H), Egham (A), Camberley (H) and Colliers Wood (A). Four very tough games and three that we have to take a minimum of 3 points from.

No chance of Farnham going down. They worked extremely hard on Tuesday and with that sort of work rate they will get the points they need.

Right now I think it's Chessington, Banstead and regrettably still MVSCR but you really can't discount Colliers Wood right now.

I think 43 points will be good enough for safety, probably 42 with a good GD should do it. If the Premier League always say 40 points is enough for a 38 game season, and it always seems to be plenty, then I don't see anyone going down on 43.

Do we know the remaining fixtures for all that could be put on here, and yes, I know mathematically that Epsom are still involved.

Our remaining fixtures are Chessington & Hook (H), Badshot Lea (A), Guildford (A), Banstead (H), Egham (A), Camberley (H) and Colliers Wood (A). Four very tough games and three that we have to take a minimum of 3 points from.

ED, with the players E&E have on paper you will not get relegated, but collectively they need to work hard as a team which is threatened with relegation like Farnham for example. I reiterate, teams fighting for their lives will inveriably beat the teams with nothing to play for. Suggest your management mention the possibility of getting caught up in a relegation battle especially with some forthcoming hard games....well on paper anyway. I expect you'll find that E&E will probably surprise teams with getting something against the top tier teams and failing against the basement clubs (ie) Farnham game..... football has a funny way of doing that ........ ;) !!!

As mentioned on previous posts, these are exciting times in the CCL Prem for the neutral, but not so for the basement clubs players and officials. All to play for at the bottom, at the top, bar Guildford going on free fall, they are Champions elect but more interesting of late is Eghams attempt to push Windsor for that 2nd place which by means is secure yet. All other positions, teams are seeing their season thru'.

ED, with the players E&E have on paper you will not get relegated, but collectively they need to work hard as a team which is threatened with relegation like Farnham for example. I reiterate, teams fighting for their lives will inveriably beat the teams with nothing to play for. Suggest your management mention the possibility of getting caught up in a relegation battle especially with some forthcoming hard games....well on paper anyway. I expect you'll find that E&E will probably surprise teams with getting something against the top tier teams and failing against the basement clubs (ie) Farnham game..... football has a funny way of doing that ........ ;) !!!

Does anyone know if they have done all the work necessary to achieve the Category F ground grading required for Step 5. They have until 31st March to complete, if not then they could indeed face relegation by default ahead of teams in the bottom 3?