Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Basildon United Football Club

As news travels fast and bad news even faster it wont take long for people to hear that Basildon United have provisionally resigned from the Essex Senior League as announced at tonights league meeting, before the rumour mill gets out of hand i need to point out that this is a provisional measure and the club has not definately decided to give up its senior status but is simply considering its options and has resigned at this time simply to avoid a league fine if we had resigned after the March 31st deadline, theres a strong possibility that our resignation will be withdrawn before the League AGM in June.

Edited by Basil-Don

Genuinely sorry to hear that Rich. Always sad to hear of a Senior club going to the wall, so to speak, especially Basildon's Premier club.

Here's hoping things turn around in time for 2012/13.

I heard that Basildon United was due to move into the new 750 seater athletics stadium in the town. Is there any truth in that rumour?

For me Basildon have always been a genuine grass roots community club, so good luck to everyone involved in this great little club.

It is unfortunate for all involved its been hard knowing all this for weeks with no support from within.

It is also now unfortunate that all the players will know and im sure will not help the chance of gaining points.

It will be massively wrong if the ground still gets used for football next season with some other side paying for playing on it.(which i bet is what will happen).

In my opinion yes the club should stay and we should look at every avenue of keeping the club at Basildons traditional home. It would also be great if the Basildon area would support its local side.

Many seasons ago Stevenage which is also a new town built around the same time as Basildon had a similar sized ground to Basildon.. If anyone has been there you can see what can be achieved with the local community backing the ground and also people running the club that are forward thinking.

It is unfortunate for all involved its been hard knowing all this for weeks with no support from within.

It is also now unfortunate that all the players will know and im sure will not help the chance of gaining points.

It will be massively wrong if the ground still gets used for football next season with some other side paying for playing on it.(which i bet is what will happen).

In my opinion yes the club should stay and we should look at every avenue of keeping the club at Basildons traditional home. It would also be great if the Basildon area would support its local side.

Many seasons ago Stevenage which is also a new town built around the same time as Basildon had a similar sized ground to Basildon.. If anyone has been there you can see what can be achieved with the local community backing the ground and also people running the club that are forward thinking.

Well it won't be Basildon Town FC Chris.

Am i reading into this correctly?

Rather than maintain its own club, the Basildon 'owners' would rather hire the facility to another club and make their club defunct?

Mark Hoffman, you are reading that correctly. As i stated on a previous post this week, the owners have no passion for bas utd now just finacial gain. They have had many chances to improve the club by moving or selling up but never done it coz nothing in it for them. This will now be a ground for hire until such a time that they get shut down for unpaid bills or liability issues. Probably be some youth based side play there on sundays along with a couple of local pub sides. Shame on them and bigger shame for Basil-don and the clubs history. Even if they get through this trouble and carry on next year, who honestly would want to play or manage them. only manager who couldnt get any other job and players who couldnt get a game elsewhere. The real problem with ESL teams is its the same players, managers, coaches doing the rounds each year. If you get bombed as a player here you sign for another esl team there. If you fail as a manager at one club you are back managing another ESL club weeks/days later with your players going with ya. The league is a shadow of what it was 10/15 years ago and if im wrong then look at the attendances and that speaks volumes. Better league, better players, better attendances, better income, less problems.

I have said something like this before. Your under 18's are quality and I know they are going for the league and are top in a very competitive league which includes Concord Rangers. Why dont the last 4 home games go to the under 18's? I know for a fact that Basildon under 18's have 3 players that could play ryman league in a few years but need a platform to experience senior football first.

They will bring their parents etc and Basildon could have the highest attendance for their season!

In all seriousness, to look to the future means building a team for the future. Give the job of seeing Basildon through to the end of the season to your under 18's and show the non league football world that Basildon is NOT a laughing stock and that there are people at Basildon who know what they are doing.

I know who u r Chris and please don't think for 1 minute I have anything against you or what u have tried. The thing is the game has moved on, no longer should the Essex senior league be used as a platform for glorified pub players it should be used to breed young Ryman players who are on the fringes of higher clubs.

It is still senior football and young players should want to play this level but sadly nobody does. More to the point hardly any manager allows youngsters the time to develop ( hull bridge and manor apart) as the league is win at all costs.

The mentality of the league and it's members must change..... Why dont u be the first!

Recycling players around the same clubs is not evolution and maybe u need ( as all managers do) a new batch of players to move u as a manager in to the next ten years!

Your under 18 s could be that!!

Anyway what do I know........

Edited by Vegas Baby

I do not understand why we are telling the Basildon manager what he should be doing when the underlying problem is out of his control. I agree with the point regarding blooding the younger and hungrier players, but ultimately what can the manager do when the 'owners' would rather profit by folding the club and letting out the premises to sunday teams?

Vegas if i knew what would be going on next season and there was definate answers to all my questions then i would either leave or stay upon the answers. This would also have a huge affect on wether the u18s would be given game time in the final games. If players wanted to stay and if there is a Basildon next year is vital in these decisions.

Pre season under myself would be a massive plus and if and its a big if the 18s are ready to come and play in the win at all costs league then there would be a possibility of them and the better players in the squad i currently have could move Basildon forward.

All this requires planning SOMETHING Basildon do not do.. You dont know whats going on from day to day and how much its gonna cost me and the players to do the next beneficial thing.

It has not been easy this is another one of those thankless jobs but if you love football then you probably know why i do it cos i love it.

If i give it up then there are plenty more MUGS like me who would wanna try it.

The managers who are at other local clubs dont know how lucky they are it must be heaven compared to how this has been.