Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
AK11

Go West...(Or Should That Actually Be EAST?)

I have heard a rumour that, within the next few years, a few clubs currently playing in the Welsh leagues may try looking towards the English non-league system and dispense with the FAW's jurisdiction.

This comes on the back of Rhyl and Connah's Quay making noises about switching to the North West Counties League last summer - the latter after they had been overlooked for promotion to the Welsh Premier League in favour of Afan Lido.

The clubs in question are thought to include Bridgend Town and Barry Town, both of whom played in the English non-league system up until 1992.

My question is, and please consider that the Western League will soon be 'topped up' with clubs, should Bridgend Town and Barry Town (and indeed other interested applicants from the other side of Offa's Dyke) be allowed to move across to the English non-league system.

No doubt their grounds will easily be good enough for Step 3, but should they be made to start in Western 1 if they do decide that their future lies within the English non-league system?

It looks like Connah's Quay will be in the WPL for next season, however Rhyl are still considering the NWCL for the future.

Nothing extra to report from South Wales (Bridgend/Barry), but have heard that there could be a Western League 2nd Division for 2013/14....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By nonleaguegenius
      I want to get everyone's opinions about the refs in this league, i've witnessed some of the worst refs i've ever seen this season alone. So arrogant and busy its a joke does anybody else feel the same about them ????
    • By nonleaguegenius
      i know there a lot of awful managers at this level, but there has to be a contender for the worst.....
    • By Brightside Bloke
      Saturday 24th January
      1st XI v Witham Town
      League
      K.O. 15:00

Weather is looking promising for Saturday Fingers crossed it'll stay that way.

Last time out away to Witham. 
       http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/withamtown/s/match-centre-72355/1-1008462/

• By Ian_W
      Would be grateful if folks could check their club details here - feel free to navigate to your league via http://nonleague.co.uk/leagues or we have some more direct URL's such as http://www.combinedcounties.com or you can use the drop down menus at the bottom of every page.

We like to have accurate location of grounds as we provide a turn by turn navigation from any address. We also list website, Facebook, twitter, Google+, club history, year founded, previous names & grounds..... the list goes on....

If there are any bits missing, please contact me via the link below the club or via the 'contact us' at the top of every page.

The more info we have, the more publicity your club will get by showing up on Google etc., and with location details hopefully the more people will come to watch your team.

On each club, division and league page you can share the page via Facebook, tweet it or Google+ it - any clicks here helps to publicise both your club/league and this site.

Many thanks.
    • By The Mayor Of Simpleton
      Thought I'd post a thread here for clubs that go under/get wound up this season.

Two so far - Darlaston Town and AFC Wombourne are consigned to the history books.

Please feel free to add to the list throughout the season.