Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

witham Vs Southend Manor ...cup final

JPS

Southend Manor 0 ...Witham Town 3

On what was a windy and rainy afternoon, Witham came out on top.

The playing surface was as good as ive seen at the tail end of a season ..well done Burnham.

Some pleasant banter on the sidelines revovled around Southend suggesting all witham had was a long throw and the long ball ..if thats is the case (and its not) then it has worked more than 110 times in the league and you would think they would be able counter it !!! apparently not as this is the second time weve beaten them this season.

The actual match was not too bad although neither team played as well as they could.

Witham adapted to the conditions better and although Manor were physically bigger the Witham ....Witham still managed to win more 50/50s and their midfield appeared to want it more the Manor......

One thing that did disappoint me was the tactics of trying to bully the oppostion and the Officials by the Manor manager ...third time ive seen it this year..... Football is about winning and losing and the Manor manager needs to take a leaf out of his teams book ..as the players and rest of his team accepted defeat graciously....and he needs to learn that bigger aint necessarily better.

I will miss talking to some of the manor lads ...but not the constant whinging of their manager , and one last thing .....just because things aint going your teams way ..does not make it ok for you to call opposition players cheats......poor form... and says much more about you than them...and do you honestly think any official is likely to give your team the benefit of any doubts....when you constant whinge at everything if its not going your way. Your players deserve better.

I wish the Manor lads all th ebest for next season

Well done to witham on the double and good luck to Gary im sure you will more than hold your own in the ryman north next season.

As for Russ at manor i find him a good bloke and every time ive came across him hes been excellent and ive came across him many times over the years.

Russ is a full on manager and its not all about money to get the best out of players its about hard work and old fashioned values both of these Russ has.

Both Southend Manor and Witham were the best teams we played this season by far.

Woodsy

Thanks for your comments Woodsy.

I really beleive if taking as you find and Im glad you've had some good experiences.

I suspect the Manor manager is a much better winner than loser, especially after having their great run in the FA cup/Vase ...but as I say calling players cheats when hes 50 yds form the incident is poor form.

Anyway nuff said ..only one more cup for the quadruple this year........

Well Done Witham. 2 defensive mistakes handed the game to Witham.

Before the opener it could have gone either way. Then Witham looked a bit shaky at the back when Whitnell went off injured but Southend Manor were unable to make them pay before another mistake gave the champions a 2 goal lead.

Sammy Taylor's goal near the end was a quality strike.

well summed up really ...whats makes it an even bigger achievement is that Withams two Center backs are out injured and so Rob Whitnel (Striker) and and Bobby Port (midfield) have been re deployed ..and to keep clean sheets against Manor is a result