Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RUMOURS

You sound really bitter Duncs lol!!!!

What are you doing now?

You know me GM a really bitter person even I sometimes think I should take life a bit more seriously but hey ho thats the way I am just like a little wind up every now and again it keeps the punters interested especially the no nothing pr1ck,I have had a couple of offers as you know one of them is way out of my league but the others are for CCL teams I know where you are going as you PM'd me so good luck mate lets see what happens,no doubt you will see my handsome face somewhere next season,

another rumour from NG that is not correct :)

One rumour that I can confirm as being complete donkey poop is one that's been banded about on Facebook in the last few days.

The rumour was that all London clubs will have to play their first two games away from home due to the Olympics and Paralympics. However, I emailed an official at london2012.com and was told that this is not the case. Teams will be able to play in London around the Olympics and Paralympics.

I have just been speaking to a man from the press and there is an absolute stonker coming out about a player in the Euros... Will come out just before they start so thats within the next ten days........ Hold on to your hats.

Is another club about to fall ?...trouble seems to be brewing at Ryman Div 1 South club Folkestone Invicta where the future of the club is in doubt, so maybe Whyteleafe could get a reprieve if they do go belly-up ?

Keep up. That news is ten days old - and out of date. I realise your mates in the press have only just got around to mentioning it though so it's not really your fault.

It was just a plea from the acting chairman for more helpers after some people stood down. Of course, the press added a bit of drama by saying "Jenner issued a statement on the club's official website last Sunday informing fans that the future of the club was in doubt."

If you read the original statement he didn't actually say that. His words were "threatens the future of the club in its present form". He also ended the statement with "Since drafting this statement I have already received some encouraging responses which hopefully will deal with some of the tasks which is reassuring. I believe we can do it with a bit of effort and all pulling together as we have demonstrated in the past."

http://www.folkestoneinvicta.co.uk/component/content/article/53-slides/327-statement-from-mark-jenner.html

It's a shame the facts are nearly always more mundane than the rubbish that journalists write.

Is another club about to fall ?...trouble seems to be brewing at Ryman Div 1 South club Folkestone Invicta where the future of the club is in doubt, so maybe Whyteleafe could get a reprieve if they do go belly-up ?

Keep up. That news is ten days old - and out of date. I realise your mates in the press have only just got around to mentioning it though so it's not really your fault.

It was just a plea from the acting chairman for more helpers after some people stood down. Of course, the press added a bit of drama by saying "Jenner issued a statement on the club's official website last Sunday informing fans that the future of the club was in doubt."

If you read the original statement he didn't actually say that. His words were "threatens the future of the club in its present form". He also ended the statement with "Since drafting this statement I have already received some encouraging responses which hopefully will deal with some of the tasks which is reassuring. I believe we can do it with a bit of effort and all pulling together as we have demonstrated in the past."

http://www.folkeston...ark-jenner.html

It's a shame the facts are nearly always more mundane than the rubbish that journalists write.

This news for conversation during close season maybe late, but I don't see either you or anyone else for that matter highlighting this issue at Folkestone even if its CCL news or not. If you're so on the ball VP why didn't you mention this before. ..mmmnnn lets say 10 days ago?...... :o !

NG was perfectly justified in raising the point given that, despite the passage of time, there is little evidence of Folkestone's issue being resolved. Personally, I see no reason to think FIFC's predicament (for the want of a better word) would cause serious concern for them proceeding as usual but it was a relevant point and worthy of discussion.

They entered into a CVA, had 10 points deducted but still won promotion (along with Croydon Athletic). Both came down the following season, Folkestone stabilsing and "cutting their cloth".

This is just natural turnover if volunteers. Three people resign, two of married (to eachother) = unremarkable.

Folkestone seem to go under or nearly under every two or three years. They were bucket collecting for funds about three seasons ago when I first went there with Merstham.

How would collecting buckets help ?????

:bolt:

Stop having a pop at everyone NG nad answer the questions that have been posed about you.

Hold up Krooonntz, me having a pop at everyone ?.... you got those rose tinted glasses on again and only what you want to read. Has no-one ever had a pop at me, you included? I'm fine with it 'cos its banter and cheers up the forum,some may say..... :D but all I do is stand my corner.. :angry: !!..

You must get out of your cocoon my dear man,... lifes not perfect ;) .