Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What a great Season!!!!!

Smudge

Excellent Weather has aided the Fixture List to be completed on time.Alan Constable(Whitelaw)has done an excellent job,a pat on the back for Sure.

Congratulations to Guildford City F.C. on winning the Premier Title.

Congratulations to Guernsey F.C.on winning the Division 1 Title.

Congratulations to Bedfont Sports and Hartley Wintney on finishing in a promotion place

Congratulations to Hanworth Villa and Hartley Wintney for great F.A.Cup runs.

Congratulations to South Park for a great F.A.Vase run.

Congratulations to Staines Lammas on winning the Surrey Premier and Middlesex Premier Cups

Congratulations to Guernsey F.C. and Colliers Wood Utd on reaching the C.C.L. Premier Cup Final

Congratulations to Westfield and Warlingham on reaching the C.C.L.Division 1 Cup Final

Congratulations to Sandhurst Town and Hanworth Villa on reaching the Southern Combination Cup Final.

As you can see from the above,the C.C.L.is a League to be reckoned with,and is moving forward,especially in Div 1.Westfields new ground,Eversleys new lights coming,keep it up chaps.

A mention for posters on here,Johnnojudo has stabilised Chertsey Town,Fizzer's Godalming are in with a great chance of getting a play off place in Ryman 1 South.Pagey is banging them in at Farnborough.All we need now is Weebles Hampton to win a couple of games.

Finally the Officials I have seen this year,have improved,bar 2.The hospitality and friendliness has been as superb as ever.

Edited by Smudge

Cannot agree on officials Smudge! I would say they are getting worse every year in this league! I have lost count of how many times I have heard "haven't had a good referee all season"! They have to be more accountable for how they perform. Reports are sent and nothing happens. Same officials the following week performing the same! The league need to do more to train and educate the officials.

What is planned to train or educate officials during the close-season or pre-season (games do not educate)??? Bet I can guess...........................................!

'They have to be more accountable for how they perform.'

Ways in which (Level 4) referees are already accountable;

- Assessed on at least 50% of games

- Marked by both clubs on every game

- Demotion if in the bottom 20% of club marks and assessor marks.

L4 referees also have to do a pre season fitness test and attend at least one training seminar throughout the season.

Any other sensible suggestions on how you like to make them accountable?

Most things nowadays are in the open,for all to see.Is there a League Table for Officials performances?Could make interesting reading.And maybe if it was Clubs could get a discount from the F.A's on some of their bookings,given by the lesser lights.

Excellent Weather has aided the Fixture List to be completed on time.Alan Constable(Whitelaw)has done an excellent job,a pat on the back for Sure.

Congratulations to Guildford City F.C. on winning the Premier Title.

Congratulations to Guernsey F.C.on winning the Division 1 Title.

Congratulations to Bedfont Sports and Hartley Wintney on finishing in a promotion place

Congratulations to Hanworth Villa and Hartley Wintney for great F.A.Cup runs.

Congratulations to South Park for a great F.A.Vase run.

Congratulations to Staines Lammas on winning the Surrey Premier and Middlesex Premier Cups

Congratulations to Guernsey F.C. and Colliers Wood Utd on reaching the C.C.L. Premier Cup Final

Congratulations to Westfield and Warlingham on reaching the C.C.L.Division 1 Cup Final

Congratulations to Sandhurst Town and Hanworth Villa on reaching the Southern Combination Cup Final.

As you can see from the above,the C.C.L.is a League to be reckoned with,and is moving forward,especially in Div 1.Westfields new ground,Eversleys new lights coming,keep it up chaps.

A mention for posters on here,Johnnojudo has stabilised Chertsey Town,Fizzer's Godalming are in with a great chance of getting a play off place in Ryman 1 South.Pagey is banging them in at Farnborough.All we need now is Weebles Hampton to win a couple of games.

Finally the Officials I have seen this year,have improved,bar 2.The hospitality and friendliness has been as superb as ever.

And we won the Middx Senior cup by beating Wealdstone 2-0 Smudge.

Smudge,

As I've said on here before publishing a league table with officials marks would be counter productive in many ways.

Clubs would undoubtedly pre judge (and possibly pre mark) referees before a game even begins. The job is hard enough as it is, without both teams being aware that (based on club and assessor marks) you are bottom of the 'officials table'. This would hardly discourage dissent, diving, play acting etc, as some players may feel they were able to influence or con referees lower down on the officials table.

It would also do little to encourage people from becoming a referee. The pressure and scrutiny is enough as it is without a officials table being published.

What good do you think publishing such a table will have Smudge?

Are you saying that referees don't pre-judge teams before a game????

What do assessors do? Is there any evidence that they actually help officials or just put more unnecessary pressure on them? Why not make all assessors 4th officials and they can then directly help the referee during the game and they could also control the benches! Better use of resources would help all round!

Smudge,

As I've said on here before publishing a league table with officials marks would be counter productive in many ways.

Clubs would undoubtedly pre judge (and possibly pre mark) referees before a game even begins. The job is hard enough as it is, without both teams being aware that (based on club and assessor marks) you are bottom of the 'officials table'. This would hardly discourage dissent, diving, play acting etc, as some players may feel they were able to influence or con referees lower down on the officials table.

It would also do little to encourage people from becoming a referee. The pressure and scrutiny is enough as it is without a officials table being published.

What good do you think publishing such a table will have Smudge?

A table would incentivise Officials to up their game surely.Refs are no different to Players/Clubs,but where as a Team gets relegated at the end of a season for regular poor performances,and players do not get selected or are moved on.I Do not think this happens with Officials.

Ace1, your opinions are of course your own business, but I seem to recall a regular flow of previous posts slagging off match officials. As I remember last week's were the 'worst ever' yet your club is apparently not prepared to take the time & trouble to submit a low mark with a report to CCFL. And then you complain nothing is being done! Sorry to be blunt, but it's a case of 'put up or shut up'.

I'm not in denial that issues can/do exist from time to time, but surely all of us need to work together to try and drive through improvements. Moaning on a fans forum does nothing to help.

Ace1, your opinions are of course your own business, but I seem to recall a regular flow of previous posts slagging off match officials. As I remember last week's were the 'worst ever' yet your club is apparently not prepared to take the time & trouble to submit a low mark with a report to CCFL. And then you complain nothing is being done! Sorry to be blunt, but it's a case of 'put up or shut up'.

I'm not in denial that issues can/do exist from time to time, but surely all of us need to work together to try and drive through improvements. Moaning on a fans forum does nothing to help.

MM

As a club the last time we 'put up' we were handed a fine that we were not allowed to appeal, so we now do what most clubs do and 'shut up' as we can ill afford fines for being constructive!

A few ideas:

1. why not stop assessors letting the match officials know they are there at the start of a game.

2. At the end of the game a representative from each club can listen to the assessors report to the referee.

3. As stated earlier, why not make assessors the 4th official to assist the match officials?

It was noted this week that Premier League managers were growing fed up of officials moaning about managers stepping out of their technical areas by one foot but getting the most blatant decisions wrong on the field of play! Welcome to the CCL

Our last 2 games have been handled really well by the men in the middle. Sensible application of the rules and consideration given to the conditions. What everyone has to realise is that we are not having games officiated by the likes of Pierluigi Collina. And I would rather have a CCL official any day rather than one from the Berks & Bucks FA.

Ace 1...

Assessors are there to assess the performance of the referee and give him areas on which to develop upon. You criticise referees and complain that they are not accountable, and now your moaning about assessors and seem to be indicating that they are pointless?

The suggestion that the assessors should be a 4th official is completely unworkable. Firstly assessors are only at approx 50% of games, so you would then half of games with a 4th official and half with not. How would the assessor properly analyse the performance of the three officials by standing in between the two benches for ninety minutes, whilst also managing the benches and doing the substitutions? Most assessors take detailed notes throughout the game to aid them with their report and feedback, they wouldn't be able to do this if they acted as the 4th official.

The quality of some assessors is a problem, and it is something that the FA are working extremely hard to address. I do agree that match officials are often given too much notice of being assessed, I think it's right that the referee has some pre warning, but I'd see no reason why the notice period should be any more than 2 hours before kick off.

I would be interested to know the reason behind your club's fine. It certainly doesn't seem fair that you were fined for marking a referee low if you gave constructive and thought out criticism of the referees performance.

Smudge...

As I have said above officials are demoted at the end of the season based on club marks and assessment marks, to say that this does not happen is completely untrue.

By saying a table is needed to give an incentive to referees is, I believe, slightly disrespectful to referees. Referees take their job very seriously as it is and they put in a lot of time and and effort to officiate the games. Every official goes out with the intention of refereeing to the best of their ability, a referee never goes out with the intention of making the wrong decision.

You and Observers replies gives me more cause for concern,than I had in the first place.CON,DIVE,PUT UP AND SHUT UP,are hardly terms of endearment to get groups round a table,to discuss a way forward for all parties,to Work together.But to remark on a Forum,'moaning about Officials' is not the place to do it.Well it seems that marking low is not the way either as as we all know the powers that be,have made there mind up already about derisory remarks about their BELOVED OFFICIALS,ALL OF THEM ARE SAINTS.I CAN ASSURE YOU THEY ARE NOT.

Hi winsor prog, as you remember a few weeks ago I got sent off for swearing at 1 of your players, now I know its not allowed but it happens all the time and I got sent off in the 90th min with no previous warnings, just to top it off I got a 3 match suspension for it. I think all we want is some sort of consistency if not from week to week at least during one 90 min game!

Observer,

It may seem that I am always moaning about officials (which I am) however; I have given a few ideas to try and assist many times and they are always followed by excuses as to why they cannot be implemented! Resistance to Change is the main factor!!!

4th officials would be of benifit as the best place to view a game from is always the technical areas! You can see everything from there!!!!!

Our last 2 games have been handled really well by the men in the middle. Sensible application of the rules and consideration given to the conditions. What everyone has to realise is that we are not having games officiated by the likes of Pierluigi Collina. And I would rather have a CCL official any day rather than one from the Berks & Bucks FA.

Have to agree the referee for our match against you on saturday was one of the best I've seen for a while, handled the game well/tried to let it flow and allowed some proper, but fair tackles to go. You could also have some banter with him as he wasn't trying to be the star of the show. Hope to see more of him.

A damning indictment of what power a Forum has is, check out Officials on Combined Counties (Football Mitoo}from Season AUG 2002 to 21st JANUARY 2012,you can see who officiated at nearly every game.Then it Stops why may I ask,are we no longer an open book.