Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What a great Season!!!!!

Smudge

Glucky and Mewie are the new breed of refs. Fitter and leaner than the last generation and able to leave the Centre Circle without fear of collapsing *** and they dont drink !!

***Obviously I only refer to myself with that comment :)

Glucky and Mewie are the new breed of refs. Fitter and leaner than the last generation and able to leave the Centre Circle without fear of collapsing *** and they dont drink !!

***Obviously I only refer to myself with that comment :)

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING !

A HOST OF PINK PICKS HAVE BEEN SIGHTED FLYING IN THE GUILDFORD/CAMBERLEY AREA !!

Fancy Footy Mad liking that. Anyone would think he was still having trouble getting over Sunday :)

Now to be named Readinski. shame they didnt keep that Rodgers fella they poached from Watford they would have been up 2 years ago playing decent football Ed !

Fancy Footy Mad liking that. Anyone would think he was still having trouble getting over Sunday :)

Now to be named Readinski. shame they didnt keep that Rodgers fella they poached from Watford they would have been up 2 years ago playing decent football Ed !

The only promotion Reading would have got had BR stayed at the Mad Stad would have been from League 1. Wrong manager at the wrong time. Tried to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Why has Rodgers been successful at Swansea? Because the likes of Martinez had got the ball rolling and the philosophy and players were there. McDermott has to be the best English manager around - and I include Redknapp in that conclusion.

I disagree McDermott is a stereotypical English Manager. Hit the front two as quick as possible. will be interesting to see how he gets on when he has a load of Russian cash to spend and if players will want to play for him.

Good Luck to him though as he does deserve a crack cos he has done well to get Reading up.

I disagree McDermott is a stereotypical English Manager. Hit the front two as quick as possible. will be interesting to see how he gets on when he has a load of Russian cash to spend and if players will want to play for him.

Good Luck to him though as he does deserve a crack cos he has done well to get Reading up.

Krooonntz FA investigating the Russians cash...........!!!

McDermott has had to contend with a wealth of talent being sold in the 2 pre seasons that he has been Manager. To lose players of the calibre of Sigurdsson, Raziak, Mills and Long and still produce a successful squad. Sure, it is not pretty, fast flowing football but it is effective.

As a Brentford fan, I have never been a great admirer of Reading FC.

However, their achievements since Madejski took control are amazing.

I can only sit back and wonder where the hell BFC is heading, or going to be in a few years! :(

As a Brentford fan, I have never been a great admirer of Reading FC.

However, their achievements since Madejski took control are amazing.

I can only sit back and wonder where the hell BFC is heading, or going to be in a few years! :(

CC same be said about QPR..........LOL . ;) !!!

And the season got better last night with Reading returning to the Premier League! 46 points out of 51 is impressive in anyone's language. Now for Barca to rip Chelsea a new [****!!****] :Dance:

You were saying................. ????

McDermott has had to contend with a wealth of talent being sold in the 2 pre seasons that he has been Manager. To lose players of the calibre of Sigurdsson, Raziak, Mills and Long and still produce a successful squad. Sure, it is not pretty, fast flowing football but it is effective.

But been able to bring in players of equalling ability (with the exception of Sigurdsson). the CB this year is better than Mills, Raziak did nothing at Reading, Roberts is better than Long. Lame Ed Lame.

I see the new Russians are targetting European football. No pressure then for Mr McDermott to contend with. I have a feeling the Reading ethos will now be coming to an end.

But been able to bring in players of equalling ability (with the exception of Sigurdsson). the CB this year is better than Mills, Raziak did nothing at Reading, Roberts is better than Long. Lame Ed Lame.

I see the new Russians are targetting European football. No pressure then for Mr McDermott to contend with. I have a feeling the Reading ethos will now be coming to an end.

Time will tell but Reading don't make a habit of hiring and firing managers unlike a certain London club I can think of. I was never a fan of Mills. In my opinion a player who thinks he is far better than he really is. A penalty or red card waiting to happen. The whole back 4 plus Feds in goal have been impressive all season but can they cut it against better players next season?

Time will tell but Reading don't make a habit of hiring and firing managers unlike a certain London club I can think of. I was never a fan of Mills. In my opinion a player who thinks he is far better than he really is. A penalty or red card waiting to happen. The whole back 4 plus Feds in goal have been impressive all season but can they cut it against better players next season?

I agree re Mills. Reading have never actually had a pot load of cash to spend. I would suggest that there will be a complete overhaul of the squad next season. Pressure has already been put on with the quotes and I am afraid I see a lot changing at Reading and IMHO it will be for the worse.

Juices flowing nicely on this thread. Here are my thoughts on the refereeing topic, for what they're worth. The referees I know, and I know a few very well, are some of the most fervent football fanatics I've met. They love the game as dearly as any fan, player, manager and indeed have been, or currently are also, supporters of clubs, players and occasionally managers. They think nothing of giving up sometimes 8 hours on a Saturday or Tuesday night to travel to and from, and referee, or run a line on a game for as little as £30.(do the maths, significantly less than the minimum wage)Added to this they pay for affiliation fees, kit, boots, expenses getting to and from in service training events and also take unpaid time off work to persue their hobby, usually making an operating loss across a season.

They, just like their illustrious colleagues on the select group, are human beings. Fallible, flawed and prone to mistakes, especially when put under pressure. They'd love to be perfect and not react adversely to provocation. Sometimes assertiveness can be seen as being arrogant, and they don't for one minute condone swearing at players or being arrogant but the middle of a tasty local derby in the CCFL premier division is no place for a wall flower.

They are well versed in the LotG, but that in itself is not sufficient. As being well versed in the Highway Code does not necessarily make you a good driver. The principles of the LotG lie in its practical application and interpretation.(hence why 'laws' and note rules)

Despite the popular belief that they cannot use common sense when refereeing, they can, and do, use common sense provided players and managers use it too, otherwise they have to apply law more ridgidly.

What absolutely amazes me is that we haven't had a referee assault a player or more so a spectator. Some of the bile and vitriol I've heard aimed at referees, sometimes for awarding the most blatent free kick, has been disgusting. In any other walk of life the perpetrator would either end up on their backside or wouldn't have the bottle to say it in the first place.

To have the mansized balls to step across that white line and put their reputaion in the firing line must take some doing. They try to build relationships with clubs, managers and players but inevitably they will make decisions that do not favour one club or another. Its wholey natural that these decisions anger, frustrate, puzzle more so perhaps than a manager who makes an incorrect team selection, a centre forward who misses a simple tap in or a goalkeeper who fumbles a tame shot and concededs a goal.

None of them want to referee in games where nobody says boo to a goose, but some of the personal verbal assaults have been down right criminal, threats made to them, their personal property and on one occasion to a member of thier family.

Have to say that when I've been to games, the odd idiot aside,most clubs and fans have been nothing short of supurb. This and perhaps the next step up is what I consider to be 'proper football'. Proper people, including referees, who give up valuable time to help run their club, play and manage it for little or no reward simply because it's what they love doing.