Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Clapton Manager

Don't see your point? My point was if Woodsy got a club that was well run and had a decent budget I think he would be successful. Maybe you need to re read my post because I think you think I meant Clapton was a well run club.

That's exactly what I thought because you followed it up with saying you think he'll do well next season at Clapton. Maybe you need to proof read your posts before pushing the button

Maybe you should read the post thoroughly before commenting. Just a thought. Also Manontheinside there are few Ilford players at BGU. Once again you need to do your homework.

Stop Whinging could you point out where I said Woodsy was successful? Again I think you need to engage your brain and read the post before commenting. For what its worth you are probably one of these people who think success is measured in trophies. However if you understood non league football at all you'd realise that success can be measured in more ways than trophies.

Jenko : I was asking where he had been successful in the past. FYI I do not see success in the number of trophies somebody wins. I accept there are many factors that can gauge success ie budget , attraction of the club etc etc . I therefore accept finishing mid-table in a league or retaining that particular status can be regarded as success. I thought my question was a fair one and for debate. Jenko you need not be so defensive. There seems to be a group on this forum that you cannot raise questions about without someone becoming defensive. Its a forum and by definition we will raise different opinions, so Jenko, take a deep breath before you respond.

well rumours are abound that Anton Stephenson will be the manager of Bethnal Green Utd next season with Kirk and Jenko being binned.

Maybe Mohammed the chairman is trying to

reproduce the Justin Gardener effect and regain

their players after they all fled to Aveley to join

Justin's doomed attempt to escape relegation

from the Ryman Prem

LOL...'binned'. Love that one. You obviously

know very little! As for Justin, I think once again

you know very little. Justin was appointed with a

view to next season not this. At least Aveley are

looking at the long term and giving Justin a

chance. As for Anton, as he said he is his own

man and will do it his own way but him being

offered th job was known some time ago. You

need to keep up. Anton not fishing for a job

mate, you know me, I have never, ever asked

for a job in football but have been offered a few in my time. Better to be asked and wanted rather

than touting yourself about like some people do,

not yourself I must add. But I have been offered

two jobs for next season but I doubt I will take

them because to be honest I can't put up with

the grief that comes with it.

Mr Jenko Sir, I fully understand your feelings. Cutting the half-time oranges & collecting the warm up cones is very very stressful.

Jenko sounds like Kenny Daglish, another manager who said he didnt apply for jobs nd we all know how he has turned Liverpool into a cup team because not many prem clubs take them seriously. Why does Jenko think managing a club doesn't come without grief? what has he done in his footballing career to have everything, kit, half time oranges , training kit etc laid out for him ?

Its comparable to players dropping out of the sky and telling you what they should be paid, this is ESL football not Ryman, Southern, Conference, your SUPPOSED to get grief and hard work , because only small clubs appoint managers with minimal success on their CV's>

Not sure what Jenko knows about what was going on at Aveley but chucking a big budget away on players who are not Ryman Prem level now and wont be next season just destroyed BGU's season , we all know it was a case of will the last player to leave BGU and follow Justin please close the door, being unable to raise a team until the nth hour for the last game of the season says it all for BGU

Credit to Woodsey at least he applies for jobs and doesnt let an ego get in the way, he loves his football and thats what matters at the end of the day and we need more like them at ESL level

Stopwhinging you were trying to be funny by asking the question, don't try and say it was a genuine question. Another faceless twat on the forum. Manontheinside your name is ironic as you know absolutely f*ck all. You do not know me so please don't make unjustified comments. Your other comments on BGU and Justin are laughable. Again another faceless forum muppet. Let us know who you are and why you are such a fountain of knowledge on nonleague football. As I said never asked for a job in football and anyone who says otherwise really knows very little. Football brings with it grief and I'd much rather spend time with my kids to be fair. Anton I know you was joking mate, no offence was intended.

Didnt go down like that at all Justin had an opportunity he couldn't turn down and 6 players went with him all of whom coped comfortably at that level. As for what happened at Bethnal on the last day players decided they would try & be funny & not turn up because they were unhappy with what happened re kirk & jenks but it's fine none of those players will be welcome at the club again #Onwards&Upwards

Manontheinside whoever you are. In defence of Kirk and Jenko they decided to walk and were not 'binned' as you say they was and also in defence of Justin it was an opportunity he certainly could not turn down and it was originally a view to join Aveley for next season and NOT this.

It is NOT Justin's fault that Aveley got relegated, they were more or less as good as down when he got there, not much really he could do.

Kirk and Jenko did a fantastic job under the circumstances and with the resources they had at Bethnal Green. The results were not the best, but we were playing well and extremely unfortunate in some games. And Justin has done well at Aveley, they might have been relegated but he has got them some good results against decent teams like Cray Wanderers, Carshalton and Lewes.

One last comment. Taking over with 2 months to go was tough especially following on from what Justin had achieved. Most of the team left, we then had to use unfit squad players and get players from anywhere we could. Thats very difficult with 2 months of the season left. The lack of match fitness led to several injuries. It was an achievement to get 16-18 players every game. We didn't really have the chance to train often enough so all I have is respect and admiration for the commitment and effort those players gave us.

Jenko, so sorry didnt realise you were the man with superior knowledge of the Non League football. Its an honour to be on the same forum as you. Pity when someone disagrees with you, you revert to mindless name calling!.

Facts are ESL is a tin pot League poorly administered and a standard of football that is not a patch on what it use to be. That is why (as nice a man and as dedicated as he is ) managers like Woodsy get the jobs. They have no record of success beit winning trophies or retention of a decent level of football but they apply ,and because others do not want the job they get it. As for Justin and Aveley next season will be a good test for him. I don't believe the facilities are anything to shout about at Aveley, from my information nor is the budget but I believe Justin will have a very good season . I am confident that Justin will be able to replicate Rod Stringer and Terry Spillane's success. He is also the type of manager ESL clubs should be looking for ie young , a good following of players , dedicated and ambitious not recycling the same old faces.

Seriously you are an utter tw*t. You say you asked a genuine question which was open for debate which you then follow up with the post above, confirming my point that your original post was meant to offend. Please let us know who you are and your obvious history of success in non league football? As I stated and you have just confirmed you see success as someone who wins trophies. So small minded. I'll point out Justin didn't win any trophies this year but I would still say he was successful. However you tend to contradict yourself in your posts so I doubt you'd understand.

Stop Whinging if the ESL is 'tin pot' as you call it why do you continue to keep using this forum

Surely it is above you

Hey Mr Jenko, most managers take their backroom staff to clubs. Why did you not follow Mr Justin to Aveley ?

Non of your business.

Keith well said mate. Amazing how I posted a genuine question, replied with a good luck message to Woodsy then get the usual dross from the unknown, faceless forum tw*ts.