Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

APSA VS Witham Town ....

JPS

Those who know me ,know I take as I find .....and tonight I found the APSA team, for some unkown reason trying to dish it out .

There were 2 or 3 players in the APSA who were clattering into the Witham players , two footed tackles and off the ball elbows......needless to say the ref did not deal with any of these anywhere nearly robust enough and as a result the yellow card began to appear when the Witham players defended themselves as the ref did not afford any protection a tall.

Now this was a meaningless game, in which Witham fielded mostly young reserve/squad players ..why on earth the tough guy tactics ...and whats ironic is that the APSA tough guys who were dishing it out ...didnt want to know when the 50 /50 s were there to be contested

I was really disappointed in the way the match was refereed as a lack of early grip enabled some wannabe mugs to try and kick bits out of other players .

So to the Australian fella ..all I can say is I suggest you beef up a bit as if you continue to try and be the tough guy you will get found out ......if you had played a few years ago you would not have lasted 5 minutes when you met up with a real tough player.......i suggest you reflect upon your abilities and go and play a sport more suited to you...........before you get hurt ..... fishing? darts ?

The behaviour of some (not all ) of the APSA players was disgraceful......and only 1 of them was sent off.

The apparent acceptance by the APSA bench was also really disappointing ...I honestly dont think they had a clue what was happening on the pitch and they appeared to encourage their players to commit fouls and applaud them when they did... really bizarre.

London APSA ,....... YOUR WELCOME TO THEM.

I am so glad I will not have to watch such poor level of football next year

Sad way to leave the ESL..........

Said it many times before and I agree with JPS, Sporting Bengal's behaviour both on and off the pitch is disgraceful. Their players love late tackles and it has been said on this forum about how many of their players elbow their opponents. Would love to still be playing because that Australian guy would know what it felt like to be on the recieveing end of a bad tackle. I wonder why the league hasn't done anything about their poor discipline and thier part in several mass brawls?

I have a friend who watches witham but he isn't biased,he just watches them quite a bit but actually supports Colchester.I read this last night and decided to speak to him to see if he was at the game,he was.I fully expected him to say that it was sour grapes and their behaviour wasn't that bad but he said the complete opposite,he said the behaviour of 4 or 5 players and the sporting bench was nothing short of a disgrace but what really rankled with him was the referees inability to police the game in the correct manner.On more than one occasion the bench was heard screaming at their players (sporting) to do their players

It wasn't just me then ...

.I only stopped playing recently after managing 40 years playing the game,from a young kid , through olympian league and ESL and then vets...... so Ive seen and been involved in some real blood and thunder encounters with no quarter expected or given and i was really lucky with injuries, although as a combative center half I have the scarrs!!!, and I can honestly say that the conduct I saw by the Sporting players and their bench was bizarre only really matched by the Referees inability to deal with serious violent conduct.

As for the Sporting bench ..... Clearly not a clue whats going on and then they try to defend their players conduct with crys of " hit him harder next time "

And we wonder why normally placid players take matters into their own hands

I dont condone it , but, having occasionally done it myself ,I do understand it.

Do we have to wait for a serious injury to a player before some action is taken about these clowns.

What makes me laugh is that Bengal have above the number allowed on the bench yet can get away. When we played them the French ref who has a love in with the Bengal players told BGU only two could stand up and there was 1 too many people on the bench but said nothing to Bengal who had, and I make no exaceration, at least 20 people around the dug out.

JPS the ref wasn't the Polish guy Mathias was it? Quite tall, shaved brown hair? Or the French ref, tall with thinning hair bit like a comb over?

Tall guy , not polish, dark hair, not shaved ..there was another official at the game to whom I was talking and he agreed that he missed some outrageous tackles

and yes they had about 10-12 on their bench and at times more than that including young kids ....

alll in all ...a dogs dinner

• 2 weeks later...

I went to watch this game and Sporting Bengal were dirty, taking all the Witham players out.

Poor Rob Whitnell had to be CARRIED around the pitch cos Bengal didn't bother bringing out the stretcher which is in the physio room at Mile End.

Referee was bad as well. The standard of refereeing not only in the ESL but in the whole game this year has been poor.

we may be funny...... but having some wannabees who dont understand the game managing a team of Wannabe players who lack in skill and seek to injure teams aint funny

Especially when Officials dont deal with the relevant idiots, and the players are left to their own efforts for protection.

Sporting Bengal should be ashamed of themselves ...... what the ESL is thinking of having them in the league eally is beyond me.

Ive seen numerous EOL teams playing football at a much higher standard and managed by guys who understand the game not like the Sporting Bengal Muppets.