Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Referees in Essex

There has been much debate on this forum about some referees in the Essex Senior League. I think we all accept that at any level the players do not make it easy for the referee. I went and watched the EOFL Cup Semi Final saturday (Rayleigh v Hannakins Farm) . I have no attachment to any side but for the fact I like Chappie of Rayleigh. I witnessed a shocking performance by a referee who ruined the game by his first sending off of a Hannakins player which was not deserved but his second was forced by player frustration as Scott Ballard of Hannakins opened his mouth twice but arguably was not directing at the ref- two yellows - Scotty will never learn!. Nevertheless , the referee Kevin Pratt spoke to the players like they were dirt and standing on the line I felt like giving him a right hook heaven knows what the players thought!. He showed no respect to the players and did not deserve any back..he was disgusting. I know its an ESL site but just wanted to point out the attitude of some ref's stinks at all levels. Rayleigh won the game 1 0 Chappie was happy but my lasting memory was of a ref who was determined to take centre stage!, This League produces (in theory ) the next level 5 refs and they need better guidance than what this ref gave on saturday.