Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley Town Football Club

Is it NG why dont you do it then cos I am sure you hold all the above ?

So why you sure Kroooonntz ? ........ :o

Why ? 'cos I am not a chairman, wealthy one at that, but do have managerial experience, something I doubt you have my dear man....and I don't think I could be answerable to Barnard 'cos he will still be pulling the strings being Director of Football ... ;)

A managers likeability factor, is far more important than money

Whilst Tommo I agree it is an asset, I personally believe that the players must have respect for the manager if not, its dead end job, so this is where the manager earns his money so to speak. But Tommo, unfortunately money DOES have a big say for success to attract the best players (who by the way know they are good, well in their own eyes maybe !) its getting a group of talented players who are loyal, want to play for the club and of course the manager, then you're on your way to relative success.

....but this is by means an easy feat !

but you said it is Easy NG and I quote you above.

A managers likeability factor, is far more important than money

Whilst Tommo I agree it is an asset, I personally believe that the players must have respect for the manager if not, its dead end job, so this is where the manager earns his money so to speak. But Tommo, unfortunately money DOES have a big say for success to attract the best players (who by the way know they are good, well in their own eyes maybe !) its getting a group of talented players who are loyal, want to play for the club and of course the manager, then you're on your way to relative success.

....but this is by means an easy feat !

but you said it is Easy NG and I quote you above.

Ha ha okay you know the saying tho' ...., so I missed out NO ..... :P

Kroons,Fingers,you have Nice Guy on the run,he should read the posts more carefully.YOU KNOW HE IS BEATEN,WHEN HE STARTS TO PUT PEOPLE DOWN.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FELLAS.Think N.G.IS SUFFERING FROM SUNSTROKE,OR MEMORY LOSS.IS THEIR A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE.

Edited by Smudge

Kroons,Fingers,you have Nice Guy on the run,he should read the posts more carefully.YOU KNOW HE IS BEATEN,WHEN HE STARTS TO PUT PEOPLE DOWN.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FELLAS.Think N.G.IS SUFFERING FROM SUNSTROKE,OR MEMORY LOSS.IS THEIR A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE.

Laugh :lol: ! Smudgeyboy, you're a fine one to talk, so you and THE SMUDGE GANG must have been beaten ages ago when you started putting me down............... :P !!!

So 4 against 1 so far eh, Smudgeyboy, GF, Kroooonnntz, BJR and loads more ...okay guys its game on .......LOL.. ;) !...

The balance has to be correct tho NG, look at Badshot, massively under achieved this season with the budget they've got. Its all about getting into a click, Frimley Green for instance, got themselves into the FC Camberley click, now basically is there 1st team. No point having money, if the manager can't manage the superstars. Hence where likeability and respect comes in, you can pay someone a silly amount of money to play, but if they don't like you or respect you, they are never going to listen or do what Is asked. You hve to achieve that balance between a player, where they believe you need them, but in actual fact they need you. That's called good man management. Something no amount of money can buy.

The balance has to be correct tho NG, look at Badshot, massively under achieved this season with the budget they've got. Its all about getting into a click, Frimley Green for instance, got themselves into the FC Camberley click, now basically is there 1st team. No point having money, if the manager can't manage the superstars. Hence where likeability and respect comes in, you can pay someone a silly amount of money to play, but if they don't like you or respect you, they are never going to listen or do what Is asked. You hve to achieve that balance between a player, where they believe you need them, but in actual fact they need you. That's called good man management. Something no amount of money can buy.

agree tommo

Mark-Thommo, I agree with some of what you are saying. I watched Badshot a couple of times last season, they had the budget & the players with reputations, plus they clearly liked the management, but from what I saw there was absolutely nothing in terms of patterns of play, it was all off the cuff. I don't think you can get away with just having decent players at CCL Premier standard anymore (like a few years ago). Those guys at Camberley have stepped down to play at one of the worst set ups in CCL1, fair play they have gone to play with their mates/new management, but surely you have to question the ambition of those players dropping down from a top CCL Premier side down to Frimley....or maybe I am totally wrong & it does boil down to playing with mates/for management they respect?

Matron has been told to 'Up' his medication.

Strange you and Matron, Father Ted ....wierd :P !!!

Anyway, when you gonna tell about Dorkings windfall in doing your ground up ?.... ;)

That question just goes to prove you know F. A. about the CCL !

I did hear a rumour you stuck your hand down Mystic Megs knickers, and she red your palm all over !!

Matron has been told to 'Up' his medication.

Strange you and Matron, Father Ted ....wierd :P !!!

Anyway, when you gonna tell about Dorkings windfall in doing your ground up ?.... ;)

That question just goes to prove you know F. A. about the CCL !

I did hear a rumour you stuck your hand down Mystic Megs knickers, and she red your palm all over !!

A lesson to be learnt there Father Ted is don't listen to rumours that some old chappy at the Dorking is putting up £250,000

to refurbish the club and pitch............. :lol: !!!

There is very little player ambition at this level here&there, playing with your mates and enjoying yourself seems to be the key factor. Players would rather win every week, and enjoy themselves than push for higher level football. Plus, with footballers being so fickle these days, not many hve the drive and determination to move higher and fight for a position. In my day, if I was on the bench, I would see it as a challenge and try to fight my way into a squad...now players will just move on and play somewhere else. Which also questions players loyalty and commitment at this level. In my opinion the standard of football in the Combined Counties has dropped dramatically.

There is very little player ambition at this level here&there, playing with your mates and enjoying yourself seems to be the key factor. Players would rather win every week, and enjoy themselves than push for higher level football. Plus, with footballers being so fickle these days, not many hve the drive and determination to move higher and fight for a position. In my day, if I was on the bench, I would see it as a challenge and try to fight my way into a squad...now players will just move on and play somewhere else. Which also questions players loyalty and commitment at this level. In my opinion the standard of football in the Combined Counties has dropped dramatically.

True, Ive been saying the above for some time now Tommo. The CCL is a glorified Sunday morning Premier standard where players play with their mates. Wonder where the likes of Cheltenham's Goulding and McGlashan who have just played at the new Wembley would be now if they just wanted to play with their mates ? Its not rocket science.... ;)

Mark-Thommo, I agree with some of what you are saying. I watched Badshot a couple of times last season, they had the budget & the players with reputations, plus they clearly liked the management, but from what I saw there was absolutely nothing in terms of patterns of play, it was all off the cuff. I don't think you can get away with just having decent players at CCL Premier standard anymore (like a few years ago). Those guys at Camberley have stepped down to play at one of the worst set ups in CCL1, fair play they have gone to play with their mates/new management, but surely you have to question the ambition of those players dropping down from a top CCL Premier side down to Frimley....or maybe I am totally wrong & it does boil down to playing with mates/for management they respect?

H&T.... EXACTLY ! MONEY thats why the likes of Grittiths and Cornell, who I think could play a higher level, want to go DOWN a level ? Its easy and known that the Frimley Green Chairman has been splashing the dosh, why else would these mercenaries go there, to enhance their game ;) !!! Always remember, while there are Chairmans who are willing to pay them, they will always be around.

A step up into Ryman/Southern Leagues you will see more ambition in players.

MT, have you not got an assistant, assistant job a a CCL team for next season? Just a bit concerned about your perception of your players before you've even started there?!