Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 21 April

Ace1

Fizzers 0 Sarnies 2

We needed one more goal to reach the ton and another for what I believe to be a club record for a season. This is based on the supposition that when we were in the Parthenon, Spartan and Athenian Leagues we only played about 32-34 games per season and we only won the Spartan and Athenian once each so it is unlikely we got that many. I know we did it once in Ryman South when we finished third behind one of the Abingdons and Maidenhead Utd, at home against Feltham. Our youth team striker Brendan Matthew got both, which is just reward for his all round excellence this season at Under 18 and First levels.

A Nice Guy Result? Ash 5 v 0 South Park

Played some off our best football this season against a good side. We stopped south park from playing football & created a lot of chance ourselves& if not for south park keeper could have been a bigger win. Have to say that the south park sending off was very harsh, especially after some of the decisions that had gone on before in the game

Funny that FTFC !!!

Epsom 0 v 1 Camberley

Cove 11 v 2 Banstead. Rumour has it Cove scored more goals than Banstead turned up with players.

We had 7 players! So our manager and assistant had to play making it 9! Then one of our players got in injured early in the 2nd half so we played the last 30mins with 8. I actually think we did well and it could have been 11-7.

Certainly did well mate, full credit to you lads today. You missed out on the Golden Boot for the club though with the amount of chances you had!!

Things dont change with me! I'll always score goals but miss about 8 a game!

So Cards why did Banstead only have 7 players ? Never known so many players come and go from one club. Is it a case that the players couldn't be bothered 'cos Banstead were relegated to CCL Div 1 I ask myself ? There appears to be problems there which could result in them being relegated with what was a good budget ?

Some massive scorelines yesterday on the penultimate weekend ........ I wonder why Smudgeyboy ....... ;) !

Funny that FTFC !!!

Epsom 0 v 1 Camberley

Cove 11 v 2 Banstead. Rumour has it Cove scored more goals than Banstead turned up with players.

We had 7 players! So our manager and assistant had to play making it 9! Then one of our players got in injured early in the 2nd half so we played the last 30mins with 8. I actually think we did well and it could have been 11-7.

Certainly did well mate, full credit to you lads today. You missed out on the Golden Boot for the club though with the amount of chances you had!!

So Cards why did Banstead only have 7 players ? Never known so many players come and go from one club. Is it a case that the players couldn't be bothered 'cos Banstead were relegated to CCL Div 1 I ask myself ? There appears to be problems there which could result in them being relegated with what was a good budget ?

Some massive scorelines yesterday on the penultimate weekend ........ I wonder why Smudgeyboy ....... ;) !

Well i dont know all the ins and outs but my take on what happened is that the Chairman has been messing Dave about with the budget and players were owed money from weeks and weeks before. At the beginning of March a lot of players of the were getting the right hump and even talking about boycotting training and matches until they got paid. What made me laugh was the Croydon game. We nearly didnt play because of this reason and then got spanked 4-0 by a side who doesnt get paid a penny!! Yes its annoying that your owed money but at the end of the day we're all here to play football and enjoy ourselves aren't we? I found the whole situation a joke!

I then went on holiday for a couple of weeks. I returned for the Wembley game, walked in the changing room and had to have a double take i was in the right one. There was only 4 players left from the previous squad of 18! Apparently everyone got paid up to date when i was away and they lost the semi so they all left. So all credit to Dave and the management as they managed to get basically another sqaud together in some short time. They've taken a lot of crap from people but its not there fault at all why the club is relegated.

Yesterdays game i guess it the fact that we couldnt finish anywhere but rock bottom, it was the last game and it was away at Cove that no one could be bothered.

Funny that FTFC !!!

Epsom 0 v 1 Camberley

Well i dont know all the ins and outs but my take on what happened is that the Chairman has been messing Dave about with the budget and players were owed money from weeks and weeks before. At the beginning of March a lot of players of the were getting the right hump and even talking about boycotting training and matches until they got paid. What made me laugh was the Croydon game. We nearly didnt play because of this reason and then got spanked 4-0 by a side who doesnt get paid a penny!! Yes its annoying that your owed money but at the end of the day we're all here to play football and enjoy ourselves aren't we? I found the whole situation a joke!

I then went on holiday for a couple of weeks. I returned for the Wembley game, walked in the changing room and had to have a double take i was in the right one. There was only 4 players left from the previous squad of 18! Apparently everyone got paid up to date when i was away and they lost the semi so they all left. So all credit to Dave and the management as they managed to get basically another sqaud together in some short time. They've taken a lot of crap from people but its not there fault at all why the club is relegated.

Yesterdays game i guess it the fact that we couldnt finish anywhere but rock bottom, it was the last game and it was away at Cove that no one could be bothered.

bloody hel woody are these boys on life changing money?boycotting games and training over a few quid really makes you laugh

Funny that FTFC !!!

Epsom 0 v 1 Camberley

Thanks for your honest reply Cards..........interesting !

Now perhaps you'll listen to me Smudgeyboy .. :lol: !

Funny that FTFC !!!

Epsom 0 v 1 Camberley

bloody hel woody are these boys on life changing money?boycotting games and training over a few quid really makes you laugh

It did mate. A lot! Their arguement was the money didn't bother them but its the principle of being told your getting something and then not. The whole situation just killed the club moral and atmosphere and its no suprise that we finished where we did. Felt sorry for the manager who had players nagging him left right and centre but the chairman wasnt playing ball.

I just think that if you get paid anything at all at this level its a nice little bonus. If your that worried about your 30s and 40s each week then your in trouble! Surely we play football to enjoy it and have some good banter with team mates!?

Funny that FTFC !!!

Epsom 0 v 1 Camberley

It did mate. A lot! Their arguement was the money didn't bother them but its the principle of being told your getting something and then not. The whole situation just killed the club moral and atmosphere and its no suprise that we finished where we did. Felt sorry for the manager who had players nagging him left right and centre but the chairman wasnt playing ball.

I just think that if you get paid anything at all at this level its a nice little bonus. If your that worried about your 30s and 40s each week then your in trouble! Surely we play football to enjoy it and have some good banter with team mates!?

yep I'd rather play to enjoy it rather than chase that few quid unless like I say it was big money lol ;)

Funny that FTFC !!!

Epsom 0 v 1 Camberley

Unfortunately Cards thats not the case, and also feel for the manager. Clubs create their own problem by paying big bucks to entice players to their club, keep them happy for a month but when results do not go their way the money is either reduced or stopped hence the players who were promised the money don't get it, you then see their reaction by leaving. I know some of the wages players got at Banstead, albeit they are no longer there, and to be honest it was ridiculous. Its wrong what Banstead have done, it appears that their Chairman has ruined it. In turn, if the players appreciated the club they play for they would not react in the way they did......mercanaries do not win you anything, 'cos all they care for is themselves !

The Chairman would have done better by getting some loyal players, not mercanaries, who don't have a name as such, pay a bit of expenses, create a bond and atmosphere amongst them all, and I assure you by keeping a continuity of playrers instead of changing all the time, Banstead would be a CCL Premier club next season. A lesson learnt for Banstead's Mr. Chairman and come to that the Badshot Lea moneyman as well.....

Far be it for me.... but could you quickly edit the spelling of one word, (used twice), before someone far more critical than me has a 'pop' at you, NG

Funny that FTFC !!!

Epsom 0 v 1 Camberley

Unfortunately Cards thats not the case, and also feel for the manager. Clubs create their own problem by paying big bucks to entice players to their club, keep them happy for a month but when results do not go their way the money is either reduced or stopped hence the players who were promised the money don't get it, you then see their reaction by leaving. I know some of the wages players got at Banstead, albeit they are no longer there, and to be honest it was ridiculous. Its wrong what Banstead have done, it appears that their Chairman has ruined it. In turn, if the players appreciated the club they play for they would not react in the way they did......mercanaries do not win you anything, 'cos all they care for is themselves !

The Chairman would have done better by getting some loyal players, not mercanaries, who don't have a name as such, pay a bit of expenses, create a bond and atmosphere amongst them all, and I assure you by keeping a continuity of playrers instead of changing all the time, Banstead would be a CCL Premier club next season. A lesson learnt for Banstead's Mr. Chairman and come to that the Badshot Lea moneyman as well.....

....Far be it for me.... but could you quickly edit the spelling of one word, (used twice) before someone far more critical than me has a 'pop' at you, NG ?

Edited by Big J R

I played against badshot lea yesterday on a poor godalming town pitch(craters in the goal mouth,stones more like pebbles on the pitch) and I thought to a man they played for their shirt and I was the busier of the 2 keepers.the situation at Banstead is sad but the chairmen has created the problem as said above,the players my be called mercenaries but if someone offers you 30/40/50 pounds to do a job and doesn't pay you,your gona down tools and go off site,the manager and fans are the ones that suffer!at this level you shouldn't wages just performance related bonus's,chertsey town finally saw this as the way to do it,and offered me a good package based on wins,clean sheets and promotion.good luck to Dave tidy,a decent chap!

Lammas 2-2 Worcester Park

Lammas went 1 up threw Shane Rideout then lammas gave a cheap goal away when our keeper smashed the ball off our centre back and the ball rebounded into the net. Lammas creating a load of chances but couldnt finish WP off. WPNO1 then gave away a penalty after a collision with Tony Hadley. The Responsibility was given to REDRUP who had the chance to get my 2nd goal of the season, looking very confident REDRUP smashed the ball off the bar!!! Gutted!!! 1/7 penalty conversions now!! lol!! Lammas did go up from the resulting corner threw Hadley. WP nicked a equaliser 2 mins from time. Sour note of the game was when our captain Ben Whatford done his cruciate ligament for the 2nd time in his career! Gutted for the bloke as hes just only a kid too. We wish him a speedy recovery.

Warlingham P-P CB Hounslow

Knaphill Reserves 0-8 Warlingham Reserves

Did many 1st team players play for the reserves Neavsey ?

Only me and Gilsey. Knaphill have a really young reserve side and may have even been there youth side. There 8 dog was a first team player.