Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Margate 2 Town 2 (CHAMPIONS)

In the end it didn't matter with both our rivals losing, however Town once again showed why they are deserving of the title.

Five minutes in Dave Collis handled a hoofed ball into the box and Gate scored from the spot. For the rest of the half it was mainly Town on the offensive with their hosts susceptible in the air. With countless half chances and a number of goal line clearances, Town deserved parity but did not get it. Early in the second half with Town pushing for the equaliser, Gate counter attacked and the ref deemed Rob Swaine to have pushed one of their forwards in the box. Dale brilliantly dived to his right to make the save but a Gate forward put the loose ball away

The players heads never dropped and 15 mins from time, the ref awarded his third penalty of the afternoon after a Gate player handled in the box. Glen Poole confidently put the ball way and Town scented the opportunity. It came less than 5 minutes from time when subsitute Junior Luke arrowed a long throw deep into the penalty area which was headed on for Rob Swaine to bury a powerful header past their keeper. There was still time for Emeka to be put through but he went for glory and blazed over.

Three minutes of added time were endured and at the end there were great scenes as the players and supporters celebrated in the pouring rain

The crowd was well over 500 and I reckon more than half were from Billericay.

Roll on next Saturday for the crowning of the Champions COYB

Congratulations to Craig, Steve, the boys on the pitch and the boys that made the trip to Margate. Bet it was a helluva trip home.

Looking forward to next Saturday to see the trophy and, hopefully, for the icing on the cake, Nicky Morgan walking on the pitch to collect his winner's medal.

Estimate approx 350 Ricky fans which was a great effort. fitting Swaine hold get the equaliser. surely player of the season.

really hope he is around to lead us next year.

Great team spirit again to come back from 2/0. still only defeated in 4 games which is a great effort.

Looking or ward to next week when pressure is of.

P.S though junior or Sam had long throws until I saw Chris Wilds today!!

Brilliant,... over the moon,... fantastic,... fabulous,.... etc etc etc....

.well done to all the Blues :D :wub: :D :D :D

We have won the league and thoroughly deserve it IMO. Still a bit stunned but a massive well done to Craig and his management team, the players and to Steve and Sharon and everyone else who has contributed in whatever way.

BSS here we come! Come on you Blues!!

Edited by jl

Great day, it hasn't sunk in yet probably won't until we watch swainy lift the trophy aloft! We have deserved this, things have been going against us all year and we've all pulled through all together.

Many parts of the day keep coming back to be, but the best bit was seeing Joyce sing 'where's the Vaseline' as she walked out the club house.

We can now relax and enjoy next week......Blue Army in force again all wearing our colours!!

Fantastic result especially after coming back from being behind. Could not make the game but am very proud of the manager, players and supporters. Also delighted for Steve the Chairman who has committed himself over a number of years to keeping the club on a sensible footing. I am most proud of the Club. Here's to a great day next Saturday. Once a Billericay fan alway a Billericay fan.

Strange game to watch as it just seemed like nothing would go for us. They cudnt deal with our strength and height all day long. We won every header going into the box but it jus wudnt drop in the right spot. Courtney's first half shot summed it up, but the keeper made the save knowing very little about it and then it was hacked off the line. However, it payed off in the end and we has to score from one header!! Swaine? or was it Jay? or the defender? or a a combo of all three? got the last touch to send us crazy. The perfect way to win the league last gasp.

Want to congratulate everyone involved with the blues, having worked at the club myself in the past there's so many people that work tirelessly to create what happened on sat. Enjoy it!! this is the dream now, let's live it!

A day which i keep replaying in my head over and over again! A fantastic and dramatic way to finish the game off. The best scenes non league football has seen for many years (possibly ever) thats for sure.

Its party time next Saturday so everyone get down to New Lodge and see the official unveiling of the new CHAMPIONS!! This is our time to enjoy and as a football fan this is personally the moments that i have dreamt of the club achieving ever since my dad took me to my first blues game at the age of 4. I will be forever hooked to this club and i am so proud to be.

Thank you and well done to all that have been involved with the success of this season and the running of the club.

'WE ARE CONFERENCE SOUTH!'

Congratulations to everyone who made the journey to Margate. It was the best weekend I have had for many years. This coming weekend should be just as good. We are the CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!