Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Am I right..............

Yep, Bobby Barnes, with promises that their tentative resignation from the ESL will be withdrawn.

I know Bobby, he's a good lad and I wish him and Basildon United well.

Bobby barnes,ex west ham.black dude with the macavenie perm???

LOL, no Rob not that one, I remember him though, not a bad winger. He is now Deputy Chief Exec of the PFA.

I meant this one: http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/9673664.Bobby_proud_to_be_new_Bees_manager/

Bobby barnes,ex west ham.black dude with the macavenie perm???

LOL, no Rob not that one, I remember him though, not a bad winger. He is now Deputy

Chief Exec of the PFA.

I meant this one: http://www.echo-

news.co.uk/sport/9673664.Bobby_proud_to_be_n

ew_Bees_manager/

Not wishing to pi$$ on his chips, but does he really think he can be competitive with players who couldn't cut it at Olympian Div.3 ?

Good luck to him anyway.

Sorry Basil-don, I wasnt mocking and I certainly havent applied to be manager of any team LOL. However if your saying that many were turned down for the job I am curious to know how Bobby Barnes rose to the top of the list with his levels of experience, and record. That isnt a dig just makes me wonder what caliber of applicant ESL teams are getting.

As I have always said I wish and hope Basildon stay in the league and prosper for the future and I will be delighted if your new man takes you forward. Good luck to him and Basildon Utd as a whole.

Piper as the world and his wife knows theres more to the Basildon job, like most such positions in the ESL, than simply concentrating on the football,as we have established ad nauseum very few managers in the ESL have that luxury in this League therefore i assume that the club have appointed him with this in mind.

My point Basil-don is that whatever he has got to bring him to the top of the list must be better than the numerous others (your words not mine) of applicants. Looking at what you have said it takes to do ESL management i.e the dirty end of the stick. I am just genuinely curious on how this guy rose to the top of a long list. I appreciate that the job is more than training and matchdays but surely that is in the top two of credentials. But in the top 3 of importance along with that I would guess would be player pulling power and a resonable track record. If these arent at the top of a senior clubs management criteria then that would suprise me and I imagine many others. Of course I realise that all the other (Dirty) jobs are part of it but I would hope if a club is trying to attract playes and fans the footie bit would be a the very top. With this in my mind I just wonder how he rose to the top of your long list of failed applicants.

However you need not answer as its absolutley none of my business and I was making a statement on a public forum. If he goes on to do a great job then I will be happy for him and the club.

Piper im not having a pop but im like a caged monkey and you keep poking me with a fcking stick, 'attracting fans' what fcking fans? three seasons ago we were top of the league and enjoying a good vase run we never got any more fans in,15 months ago stansted were scoring 9 goals every home match and in the last 16 of the vase did they get any more fans? southend manior have had an excellent season have they seen attendances rise? Bobs taken on a very demanding job which many managers wouldnt want but theres still many who would. if hes successful then he can maybe get a job where he has the luxury of concentrating more on the football.

My point Basil-don is that whatever he has got to bring him to the top of the list must be better than the numerous others (your words not mine) of applicants. Looking at what you have said it takes to do ESL management i.e the dirty end of the stick. I am just genuinely curious on how this guy rose to the top of a long list. I appreciate that the job is more than training and matchdays but surely that is in the top two of credentials. But in the top 3 of importance along with that I would guess would be player pulling power and a resonable track record. If these arent at the top of a senior clubs management criteria then that would suprise me and I imagine many others. Of course I realise that all the other (Dirty) jobs are part of it but I would hope if a club is trying to attract playes and fans the footie bit would be a the very top. With this in my mind I just wonder how he rose to the top of your long list of failed applicants.

However you need not answer as its absolutley none of my business and I was making a statement on a public forum. If he goes on to do a great job then I will be happy for him and the club.

Call me cynical but I suggest the answer is cash/sponsorship!!!

• 1 month later...