Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Combined Counties League Premier Cup

It should be a cracking game Chris. Very excited. How many Collier supporters are you expecting to attend? GFC are expecting between 400 and 500 members of the green army will be there!

Let us hope that your shirts are the only thing that resembles Inter Milan on the day! :D

Edited by sarniaMJ

We have a small supporter base to be honest.

But with lots of family, friends, reserve and youth players and ex players going, as well as many ground hoppers, I would "hope" for a gate of around 1,000 given your projected numbers.

Given the season The Green Lions have had, and your general football aspirations for the future, we acknowledge we will start as underdogs but we will give it a real go and, whatever happens, we will thoroughly enjoy the evening.

The referee, Jason Connolly, did our recent game v Windsor and is an excellent appointment.

We have a young matchday mascot in Daniel Coughlan (aged 8) so I hope that bloody big green lion thingy doesn't scare him or he'll get a punch on the nose in front of the stand! :D

Apart from the kit, we are nothing like Inter Milan to be honest. We will work our socks off, never give up and play with smiles on our faces.

Be interested to see if any bookies on the island are laying odds? :ph34r:

I honestly wasn't expecting that kind of attendance so it truly will be a cracking atmosphere. Lots of passion from both teams and I'm sure you will push us all the way. It's a cup game after all and anything can happen! Ross Allen looks a doubt for the final but we have strength and depth so others are eager to step into his shoes and do the business. His a quality player but for me the man we really would miss is Zico Black sitting in midfield, keeping things ticking over and passing the ball around with relative ease.

It'll be good to get a decent ref for the game. Some of the visiting refs over here have been truly shocking! I've seen some of the strangest decisions that I have ever witnessed for and against us!

You can tell Daniel that Roary the lion is very friendly and amiable. He only gets aggressive when he sees a Jerseyman/woman from our neighbouring island. Roary has been one of the positives causing mischief and getting the crowd going. Some of the highlights have been Roary warming up with the referees, jumping the hurdles, squaring up to the linesman after making a dodgy decision and standing behind the linesman copying every move he makes and charging down the line after him when the play picks up pace. Sadly if we move up the leagues then he may not be able to carry on with some of the high jinks. Hopefully he is on top form on the day.

Please note for any fans unable to go to the match, BBC Guernsey sent out a Twitter message this morning saying:

Morning! Did u know, BBC Guernsey is broadcasting full match commentary of Guernsey FC v Colliers Wood on Friday. From 7pm 93.2FM or online

Please note for any fans unable to go to the match, BBC Guernsey sent out a Twitter message this morning saying:

Morning! Did u know, BBC Guernsey is broadcasting full match commentary of Guernsey FC v Colliers Wood on Friday. From 7pm 93.2FM or online

Think this will be available afterwards to listen back to somewhere?

Looking forward to being involved and putting the cat among the pigeons. No doubt we are the underdogs in the final but we are not there to make up the numbers, stranger things have happened and there is always the magic of the cup. Who know's what'll happen, either way it'll be an enjoyable game for everyone.Will also give you a comparison to how the prem is for next season as you've already played the winners of the league, now you can see a team who is fighting relegation.

Will hopefully be able to catch up with a few members on here again since the last FFXI game!

Wing Man:

BBC Guernsey does have a 'play back' programme facility on their website, as to whether the match will be available afterwards in that format, I am not at all sure.

Why don't you send them an e-mail and ask them ?

I will of course be at the match, so if anyone from here wants to meet up do please let me know. Be nice to meet a few more people from here.

Presumably a pitch inspection at Farnborough may be made early Friday morning, ahead of Guernsey travelling over. Can we please ask Whitelaw to post on this forum confirmation that the Cup Final is still on? The latest Met Office forecast is for the possiblity of some light rain in the Farnborough area later but then dry all of Friday. So fingers crossed.

Whatever the outcome tonight, I hope everyone has a good time and that we see a good game.

Everyone is buzzing about the game at Wibbandune.

I'm going, looking forward to a great cup final. Guernsey as favourites will be very good but this is a cup game and I'm sure CW will fight hard for the trophy. I love an underdog. Good luck Colliers Wood Utd.