Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Metropolitan Police stockpiling "Rubber-bullets".

Anyone else curious why the Capital's police are stocking up on Rubber-bullets which have been responsible for deaths and horrendous injuries?

Any theories on when and why these would be used on the citizens of this country or any other?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17925477

I'm sure you are right Basil although these "baton- rounds" have only recently been authorised for use on the UK mainland there must have been some sort of "intelligence gathering" that has indicated the need to suddenly increase such stock. Either that or Met have recently employed someone previously working for the MoD in their buying department!

I personally feel very uncomfortable about the possible use of rubber bullets being used for crowd control, although I wouldn't be so anti water cannons. I really do have a horrible feeling that Stratford is not going to be a very safe place for the duration of the Olympics.

Back in the 'bad old days', fired baton-rounds were highly prized in Northern Ireland, particularly by the 'fairer' sex.

(No prizes for guessing why !!)

FACT - Info from elder coz, who served three tours of duty there back then.

They are being stock piled for the next set of Riots that are sure to take place when some poor Black guy high on drugs after criminal activity gets arrested or injured by our fine Police force.and his highly innocent friends dont like it. Thus causing the media hype like last time that fuelled the riots throughout the Land. Rubber Bullets! We need semi automatics distibuted to the innocent before the rank shits in Hoods try to steal everything one night because 'nuttin much is on the tv, init'