Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another cup in the cabinet!

Fantastic work by the lads!

Two villains tonight - the printer who put us down as ASHTON Town (Middlesex) on the front cover (sack them, never use them again) and Northwood's twelfth man, the ref, who had a shocker. He denied us a clear penalty in the first half for handball, he booked Dan for a straightforward challenge where the Northwood defender acted like a girl (if you're reading this, you should be ashamed, you wuss, take up a sport like netball which will suit you) and he gave so many 50/50's and free kicks their way. As I shouted afterwards, he should have given his presentation medal back. No need, really, because Northwood defended stoutly and played really well anyway.

As for our lads, did they deserve their rewards? Just a touch! A dubious free kick resulted in an unmarked flick header just out of Macca's reach for 1-0, an attack which broke down and was counter-attacked superbly led to 2-0 at the break, and non-defending led to 3-0 down after 48 minutes. Playing 12 men, were we finished? Were we heck!

Remember this chant, to the tune of "No Limits."....Kofi, Kofi Kofi, Kofi Kofi, Kofi Lockhart-Adams...

Kofi 59th, Kofi 72nd, Kofi 80th, Kofi 85th (oh, and Dan hit a post with a rasper, but tonight wasn't about him...). Brilliaint never-say-die spirit, great attacking flair, and deadly finishing from that boy!

Then Northwood equalised in the 87th and, with no extra time, it was down to penalties.

Now, let's be fair, in the recent past Macca's penalty save record has been...er, not brilliant. Tonight, Paul should gain immense confidence in his abilities. He got a hand to a fiercely struck pen which went in but, while our lads scored their pens with aplomb, Macca made two great saves, and...we'd won it!!

3-0 down with 31 to play, and those lads did it! Cup in the cabinet! As I sang to the tune of Sloop John B...,we never give up, we never give up, we're Ashford Town (Middlesex), we never give up!

Credit to everyone for believing, persevering, and turning a lost cause into victory. If ever any of you on that pitch start questioning your ability any time in your career from now, remember tonight and remember what you're capable of.

I hope the next Tank End Talk is sub-titled either "Heroes" or "Holding Out For A Hero" after tonight. By the way, well played to Alex. Many of the team felt my puckered lips on their foreheads after we'd won, but Alex was the only one who actually ran to me to be kissed voluntarily! I've always loved that boy!

Now, what was that chant again?

Job half done...bring on Badshot Lea!!

We asked the referee later yesterday evening why he didn't give what looked a fairly obvious penalty from the sidelines. He said that although the defender put his hands up, the ball did not actually hit him on the hand and that there was a red mark on the players forehead where he had connected with the ball. We were all perhaps a bit non-plussed at the time as it looked an obvious handball but it has to be said that the referee was far closer than we were.

I felt one or two crucial decisions went against us last night but I didn't think the referee was poor generally.

I would like to add my congratulations to Paul and his management team and our players for emerging from the season with a trophy and the chance to win another one on Wednesday evening. Up the Ashton!!

Wel done also to St. Neots and Bedworth upon winning promotion. From a purely selfish point of view, we keep Slough and Beaconsfield, which all helps with the travelling.

Don't forget that the U18's have their final match of the season tonight when they go to Hampton, assured of second place, but needing a win to go within one point of Staines at the top. Following Wednesday's Cup Final at Aldershot, the Capital League side play their final match on Thursday, away to Staines.

Everybody sing....Ashton town ...middlesex, Ashton town ....middlesex.

I bet there are some stickers being printed as we speak!! :lol:

Superb effort from everyone and a final, that will remain in the memory for a long time.

Well done all....... :D

I stand corrected regarding the ref. I did feel he gave some easy free kicks to Northwood, who didn't need them because they played very well, but I was obviously too harsh on the chap.

Don't tell Ed or his dad Huw but, at one stage in the game, Gill recognised an opposition player and exclaimed "Ooh, it's Wayne O'Sullivan" in best Bay City Rollers fan mode!

Shame Bedworth went up, as that was the only ground in our division I hadn't hopped! ;)

Welldone Ashford Town hurray2.gif

I always pop down and watch them play once or twice a season nice club, nice ground and nice people so welldone you deserve it.

Thanks Sav.

i also follow Hanwell, so its sad that Ex Tangerine Tommy Williamson was unable to keep them up. Lets hope for a reprieve!!

We also have to thank Adam the Hanwell groundsman who prepaired the Wealdstone FC pitch. the penalty spots were in perfect position ;)

We also have to thank Adam the Hanwell groundsman who prepaired the Wealdstone FC pitch. the penalty spots were in perfect position wink.png

Yes our pitch is in superb condition for this time of the season wow.gif

And our penalty spots are perfect too jump.gif

Goodluck in your next cup game thumbsup.gif

Do it for Middlesex :strawberry:

Remember this chant, to the tune of "No Limits."....Kofi, Kofi Kofi, Kofi Kofi, Kofi Lockhart-Adams...

Surely as with the original song's "No, No" it would have to go "Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko, Ko, Kofi Lockhart-Adams" :438: :discobanana: