Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Clapton 2012/13

Hi All,

I was wondering what people think on Clapton's chances for next season now they are under new management. I am hoping for a good solid mid table finish to improve on the recent finishes. I think Clapton have always been competitive, for the most part, but what can we expect under Chris Wood.

What do you all think

www.claptonfc.co.uk

pretty certain that he will do better at Clapton than at Basildon as hes from Dagenham and most of his contacts/players are East End based,no nonsense kind of bloke,he wont try to run before he can walk and will get the basics right,no doubt that your results will improve,he will probably take the East End based boys from Basildon United there next season,Mason Durrell good keeper,im sure Basildon are hoping to keep Hunwicks,Paevie,Pooley et cetera.

Lots of bookings for a start even without Harry Chalk

not hard for Clapton to achieve a mid table finish as there is not really much to beat Eton Manor, Bengal, Apsa, Basildon, Bowers, Harringay . However if the new Clapoton manager couldn't attract players to Basildon hows he going to attract them to Clapton?

As I understand it when he went to Clapton the first time he managed to bring over a hot of fringe Ilford players when they had a ressies side and did well with them , wheres he going to get players from this time after all he didn't quite get them over to Mauritius Sports either during his brief tenure there ?

Its harder and harder to pull players out of the air and get them to start putting results together. He will probably do better than Wilfred Thomas and Carl Masters the double act who were masquerading as managers before him but that isn't hard to do

as i say hes contacts are East End based and he will also have a pre season,i didnt always agree with everything Chris did at Basildon but in my opinion he did a lot more right than wrong,ive worked with two kind of managers-mouthy,lying pr1cks who are obsessed with having their initials on their tracksuits and walking round like they own the place and the second category within which i would include Chris people who know the job of an ESL manager and get their head down and get on with it. he will know what needs to be done at Clapton and get on with it,hes a football man like Don Watters,John Doyle,John Higley et cetera he wont want to get his photo in the paper will just want to get on with what actually needs doing.

He will probably do better than Wilfred Thomas and Carl Masters the double act who were masquerading as managers before him but that isn't hard to do

If enthusiasm counts for anything, I am very hopeful of a better season. He obviously needs some help but that seems to be in short supply at the Spotted Dog. I wish him all the best.

manontheinside - please check your PMs.

Edited by spotteddog