Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Presentation evening

Can i just say a big thank you to all involved in the organisation of what was an excellent evening at Laleham golf club.

I had one or two beers but as i recall the winners were

Under 18 Player of the year was Hailu

Under 18 Players player was Perry

Ressie player of the year was Spencer

1st team Supporters player was Ashley

1st team Players player was Dan

1st team Player of the year Ashley

Phil won the Clubman of the year

All richly deserved. Well done chaps.

What an excellent night and turn out from our Tangerine family. Most, if not all of the players were present and lots of parents too which was great to see. Also Kiri was there and bid us all farewell as he is off back home now his visa is running out. I said i could hide him in my loft!!!

Lastly my take on the season.

When i watched Mark Butlers Ashford side beat Woking in that dramatic cup final a few years back i didnt think it could be topped. On Monday night, i think it was! NEVER SAY DIE! Them lads were looking down the barrel of defeat but never gave up and gave us that were there the most fantastic night. That on top of a really good season where we got of to a flyer, struggled a little mid season and then stormed home with something like 2 defeats in 16 games to finish 9th. In fact if we had managed to beat big spending Bigglesfade in one of our games we would have been above them!

Then lastly the Aldershot cup, where we looked a bit leggy which was understandable but managed to carve out a 3-1 win over a plucky Badshot Lea. I think some of the lads were running on fumes!!! Great to see Josh run to the bench after his goal and Alex run to the crowd after his winner.

UNITY IS OUR STRENGTH. Long may it continue.

Dan

Edited by fatboyatmfc

If anyone lost a necklace at the Presentation Night at Laleham, I have it, call me at the club 01784 245908.

Phil