Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reserve League Cup Final

I see the league/FA have re-instated Bedfont Sports in to the Ressies cup final after initially kicking them out!

Seems they knew they shouldn't have played someone but they did anyway and then got through on a "play on words"!!!!

Expected a bit more from BSFC!!!!!

Bedfont played a player who had played over twice as many first team games as res's games in the semi final (I think he scored all their goals) and the league threw them out on that basis.

Bedfont then claimed that the rules stated that a player has to play more reserve than premier games and as Bedfont are not a premier club this rule does not aply (if they really thought that why only play 1 player in their squad of 15?).

The FA ruled on behalf of Bedfont and rather than the league ordering a replay or standing their ground they reinstated Bedfont.

On that bases the final should be played between Eversley First Team and Bedfont First team because neither have premier players.

Something tells me Bedfont will not play the same card in the final.

Even though Farnham have abide by the rules they are the losers with no right to reply.

The whole thing stinks.

It looks bad on both Bedfont and the league.

I

Bedfont played a player who had played over twice as many first team games as res's games in the semi final (I think he scored all their goals) and the league threw them out on that basis.

Bedfont then claimed that the rules stated that a player has to play more reserve than premier games and as Bedfont are not a premier club this rule does not aply (if they really thought that why only play 1 player in their squad of 15?).

The FA ruled on behalf of Bedfont and rather than the league ordering a replay or standing their ground they reinstated Bedfont.

On that bases the final should be played between Eversley First Team and Bedfont First team because neither have premier players.

Something tells me Bedfont will not play the same card in the final.

Even though Farnham have abide by the rules they are the losers with no right to reply.

The whole thing stinks.

It looks bad on both Bedfont and the league.

Fof

You have got some bits right but alot wrong as fox has put the c/f got all 3 goals and the player in question was a left back

Not many people will go to the fa and win and all bedfont wanted to do was to clear there good name.

A lot of work went into getting info before the semi final about all the do and dont and the new res management team worked hard to put out a team that turn over top of the league in a great game that was forgot about

Sorry, I did use the phrase "I think".

Regardless, still played an illedgable player, knew it and then did'nt have the decency to hold their hands up.

Dissapointing from what I have always experienced as a decent club with decent people.

I would not say it was a great game but would have to agree on the day the best team won on the day.

If by sending an e-mail to the league asking who has played 3 games for your reserves then I would not say that was not a great deal of work.

The attention to detail to the league rules by Bedfont was not great.

I think the majority of people would have little sympathy for Bedfonts arguement that they are not a premier club so the player involved could not have played more premier games.

As I posted would you be happy if Eversley fielded their whole first team?

They are all non premier players.

I would suggest if the shoe were on the other foot (and I would hve not pushed the point if it were!) you would have a very differant perspective.

Sorry, I did use the phrase "I think".

Regardless, still played an illedgable player, knew it and then did'nt have the decency to hold their hands up.

Dissapointing from what I have always experienced as a decent club with decent people.

Sorry but your info is very poor

Bedfont put the players name on the team sheet and have never said that he didn't play he even played in the 1/4 final because he hads been a res player for 4 months

Just to confirm, we understand this is a reserve competition. Therefore the players who have worked hard all season for the reserves will play in the final.

If Bedfont wish to devalue the competition by exploiting the FA ruling and playing first team players in the final,then that is up to them.

I would not say it was a great game but would have to agree on the day the best team won on the day.

If by sending an e-mail to the league asking who has played 3 games for your reserves then I would not say that was not a great deal of work.

The attention to detail to the league rules by Bedfont was not great.

I think the majority of people would have little sympathy for Bedfonts arguement that they are not a premier club so the player involved could not have played more premier games.

As I posted would you be happy if Eversley fielded their whole first team?

They are all non premier players.

I would suggest if the shoe were on the other foot (and I would hve not pushed the point if it were!) you would have a very differant perspective.

:D

Edited by bigboy

Just to confirm, we understand this is a reserve competition. Therefore the players who have worked hard all season for the reserves will play in the final.

If Bedfont wish to devalue the competition by exploiting the FA ruling and playing first team players in the final,then that is up to them.

the fa have ruled that the player was not incorrectly played and that is why bedfont have been reinstated. simple as that. go ahead and ask them if you like.

My info is spot on.

I never said he was not on the team sheet.

I agree, he was.

I said he played more first team games than reserve team games, my understanding at the time was 5 or 6 more.

The fact he played in the 1/4 is by the by.

The reason he was illegable is becausre he played more first team games than reserve team games and Bedfont did not deny this.

Their defence, as stated previously, was the rule reads a player has to play more Premeir than Reserve team games and as they are a division 1 club they thought this rule did not aply.

I would suggest anyone with an ounce of nouse would realise the word premier ion this intstance means 'first'.

I think the phrase is clutching at straws, but hey, it worked!

My info is spot on.

I never said he was not on the team sheet.

I agree, he was.

I said he played more first team games than reserve team games, my understanding at the time was 5 or 6 more.

The fact he played in the 1/4 is by the by.

The reason he was illegable is becausre he played more first team games than reserve team games and Bedfont did not deny this.

Their defence, as stated previously, was the rule reads a player has to play more Premeir than Reserve team games and as they are a division 1 club they thought this rule did not aply.

I would suggest anyone with an ounce of nouse would realise the word premier ion this intstance means 'first'.

I think the phrase is clutching at straws, but hey, it worked!

someone is not telling the whole truth and is being selective in their sharing of information ;)

This is all the information I have Bigboy.

Please enlighten me?

If I am being misleading or not stating facts then I will hold my hands up.

Pray tell.....

was not aimed directly at you FOF....more of a general concern really.....i just cannot imagine that the almighty FA would go against a league ruling to eject a club from a competition based on the information supplied in this thread so far...surely there must be more to it for the FA to have favoured bedfont over the league...agree or not? if the league competition rules have been broken by that club then fine they must have been broken and then the fa must rule in favour of the league....if the rules have not been broken then why would the league have suggested so in the first place? simple questions with no simple answer for me..other than a play on words!?!?!? and then it would worry me why the FA would allow a play on words to be such a deciding factor....must be more to it from my perspective.

Again, nothing personal BB but the information given to Farnham from the league is the only reason Bedfont have been reinstated is because of the word 'premier'.

As much as it grates me, if the FA are only dealing with facts then the fact is the wording is exactly that and as they see in ambiguous.

As I previously posted, I have been to bedfont 5 times now and have always recieved a warm welcome and hospitable experience after the game.

The truth and blame of this whole mess has to ultimately lay with the league.

I still feel Bedfont were being a little broad of their interpretation of the wording but if the league had put more thought and with more haste when the situation arose the game would have been replayed and the final would have been played in April.

Again, nothing personal BB but the information given to Farnham from the league is the only reason Bedfont have been reinstated is because of the word 'premier'.

As much as it grates me, if the FA are only dealing with facts then the fact is the wording is exactly that and as they see in ambiguous.

As I previously posted, I have been to bedfont 5 times now and have always recieved a warm welcome and hospitable experience after the game.

The truth and blame of this whole mess has to ultimately lay with the league.

I still feel Bedfont were being a little broad of their interpretation of the wording but if the league had put more thought and with more haste when the situation arose the game would have been replayed and the final would have been played in April.

not taken personally at all FOF...one other thing that concerns me that you just raised....you stated that the league have passed on information to farnham...maybe the league should never have told farnham any information at all until the full appeal process had reached a final conclusion and therefore save upsetting farnham or giving them the feeling that they have now been let down or stitched-up......i feel sorry for farnham and eversley and bedfont.....maybe confidentiality and discretion should be practised more vigorously by the league.....and one final thing that has always concerned me at all levels of football including grassroots level in junior football leagues and that is conflict of interests!!!!.....anyway as a proud ground hopper at least i now get to watch another game before the boring summer comes around.