Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reserve League Cup Final

All both Farnhams and Bedfonts secretarys were involved in all discussions BB.

Not loose lips, although I would love to be a fly on the Leagues wall when they were told their decision had been overturned by the FA because their rules were ambiguous.

A bit embarassing.

this is not at you FOF specifically....but just that quick check i performed tells me that the lifetime member of farnham is also the registrations secretary for the league....which i can only assume is where all the specific detail of how many games played stats etc is coming from....which then would be a very very concerning conflict of interests between league and club....which is disgraceful and brings the ethics of the game into disrepute.

I think its being changed next season Smudge.

I should imagine there is more than one that will need looking at if they all refer to just a Premier and Reserve League.

I will ask my friend of the committe to run it past me first so I am in the loop!

On a side note its decent to have a bit of dicussion on here about the Res's league.

I should imagine there is more than one that will need looking at if they all refer to just a Premier and Reserve League.

I will ask my friend of the committe to run it past me first so I am in the loop!

On a side note its decent to have a bit of dicussion on here about the Res's league.

FOF...i think the real point out of all of this must be...individuals on the committee are paid to do their jobs by the league/fa...so whoever is responsible for the issuing/updating of the league rules at the start of each season is ultimately at fault for all of this....because how can their be references to old competitions/divisions in this current seasons rules?....surely it must mean that that person is culpable and just plain not doing their job properly....bedfont may be at fault...but we will all only know that if this player plays in the final or not...if he does then for me that means that no rules have even been broken...if not then i for one will be suspicious!

You have hit the nail on the head BB.

I suspect Bedfont were like masturbating scarecrows (clutching at straws) when they first appealed but they have been transparant by putting the player on the teamsheet.

I also think if they has read up on the rules more thoroughly they would not have played the player.

But your right, the rules do say Premier not first team games which I think is obvious, but as the FA have correctly pointed out, can be misleading.

If the rules had been written correctly we would not be having this conversation.

Wish I had done it 2 years ago when we got smashed by Eversley in the semi final!

We were awful!

FOF...i think the real point out of all of this must be...individuals on the committee are paid to do their jobs by the league/fa...so whoever is responsible for the issuing/updating of the league rules at the start of each season is ultimately at fault for all of this....because how can their be references to old competitions/divisions in this current seasons rules?....surely it must mean that that person is culpable and just plain not doing their job properly....bedfont may be at fault...but we will all only know that if this player plays in the final or not...if he does then for me that means that no rules have even been broken...if not then i for one will be suspicious!

BB, agree with you, sums it up well.

Just to close it off, can I just get us to accept that Farnham Town have NO part in this?. And yes I am part of Farnham Town FC. The player in question can obviously play in the final as the FA have said he was eligible for the semi. ANY first team player from EITHER club having played three reserve team games throughout the season can play in the final. The FA have stated that!.

Just to close it off, can I just get us to accept that Farnham Town have NO part in this?. And yes I am part of Farnham Town FC. The player in question can obviously play in the final as the FA have said he was eligible for the semi. ANY first team player from EITHER club having played three reserve team games throughout the season can play in the final. The FA have stated that!.

That is the rule that the league told bedfont on 2 emails the week leading up to the semi

i wonder if the player in question will play in the final as he has now played more reserve games then 1st team ? bet he gets the winner lol