Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reserve League Cup Final

Second best team in the league gets smashed by tenth best?. Hmmmmm. Love to see both team sheets. Mind you, I am from Farnham Town FC. Previous posts imply I could get hold of them very easily. #farnhamaretoblamehere.

Edited by Wotsit

Was at the game and i enjoyed it Bedfont Sports were by far the better team and deserved the win i thought Bedfont Sports num 3 had a very good game and it was good to see ex Hanwell Town player Marvin Watson playing for Bedfont Sports. And also a cracking 3rd goal.

Only down points for me was that there was no programe produced for the game and the £5 entrance fee.

Edited by Savagebee

Was at the game and i enjoyed it Bedfont Sports were by far the better team and deserved the win i thought Bedfont Sports num 3 had a very good game and it was good to see ex Hanwell Town player Marvin Watson playing for Bedfont Sports. And also a cracking 3rd goal.

Only down points for me was that there was no programe produced for the game and the £5 entrance fee.

Real good lad Marvin is, solid full back

Who sets these prices for Cup Finals?

Real good lad Marvin is, solid full back

He played centre midfield today he had a good game.

Who sets these prices for Cup Finals?

I dont know to be honest. I didnt pay anyway as i was there so early ;-)

Second best team in the league gets smashed by tenth best?. Hmmmmm. Love to see both team sheets. Mind you, I am from Farnham Town FC. Previous posts imply I could get hold of them very easily. #farnhamaretoblamehere.

Eversley were second rate even with the first team boys....I was happy to pay the 5 quid entry to watch that today....Bedfont reserves better than a host of ccl div 1 teams easily....eversley played long ball the whole game even when they changed tactics to meet that of Bedfont...although I'm sure the league have told Farnham that they are the real and deserved winners anyway this year due to the conflict of interests between committee members....someone please tell Bedfont to have Farnham town engraved on the trophy before handing it back ;)

Well played Bedfont today!! A big Thank you to the three in the middle who made me feel old today :D Politics aside it wasn't a bad game to watch and we got punished for giving the ball away. Thanks to Bedfont Town for having us and making sure the pitch was one of the best you'll see at this level this time of year and I also noticed a chap in a Feltham top running around and doing lots of jobs so a big thanks to him too!!

Again Congrats to Bedfont Sports!!

Well played Bedfont today!! A big Thank you to the three in the middle who made me feel old today :D Politics aside it wasn't a bad game to watch and we got punished for giving the ball away. Thanks to Bedfont Town for having us and making sure the pitch was one of the best you'll see at this level this time of year and I also noticed a chap in a Feltham top running around and doing lots of jobs so a big thanks to him too!!

Again Congrats to Bedfont Sports!!

Best post on this forum for like ages....

Big Boy, you really are a sad man.

Why do you keep dragging Farnham Town into this thread?

Please stick to commenting about things you are knowledgable about (I know this may limit you!)

I heard from a very good sauce who was at the game both teams fielded a mixed 11 (no change there from Bedfont!) in the First Division/Reserve Cup final today.

As we are a Premier club (you see, the arguement works both ways!) obviously we only had a squad of 18 rather than 35 to pick from this year leaving us somewhat at a disadvantage.

Please, engrave Bedfont mixed 11 on the league cup this year.

We will just stick to engraving Farnham Town on the Reserve Division Championship trophy (with the best record of a team to win it may I add!)

Its not a bite but it is getting boring.

Move on man!

Please stick to commenting about things you are knowledgable about (I know this may limit you!)

I heard from a very good sauce who was at the game both teams fielded a mixed 11 (no change there from Bedfont!) in the First Division/Reserve Cup final today.

As we are a Premier club (you see, the arguement works both ways!) obviously we only had a squad of 18 rather than 35 to pick from this year leaving us somewhat at a disadvantage.

We will just stick to engraving Farnham Town on the Reserve Division Championship trophy (with the best record of a team to win it may I add!)

Move on man!

Lol FOF your sauce (red or Brown sauce whichever it was and must of been from the league committee ;) is an ar$e then and is clearly telling you what you want to hear or you were just not listening. As I have said before the Farnham / league committee levels of indiscretion is smelly at best in this whole scenario. Believe Bedfont are a premier ( small p or capital P ;) ) side as well now.

Bedfont reserves better than a host of ccl div 1 teams easily....

Bit of a statement for a side that finished 8th in the reserve division!

Actually they were somebody from another Premier (capital P) club.

To be honest as soon as the rule was exposed I am sure any club in the first division would do exactly what both teams did by playing first team players.

My comments were last night were made a little tongue in cheek.

I know alot of lads from our res's are on holiday now and I am sure thats the case with both Bedfont and Eversley, who both had to field a team yesterday.

Both clubs played by the rules the league presented to them.

I am just getting a bit fed up of people suggesting Farnham have done anything wrong or intimating we are influencing the league in its decission making.

From what I hear Bedfont were by far the better team on the day so fair play to them.

Maybe next year

now now children there seems to be a bit of bitterness on here.

I watched the the game, and my sauce was lovely on my burger !! but that's another matter, They informed me that 6 of the starting Bedfont team were youth players and only 1 player had played more than 1 game for the 1st team. Unlike Eversley who had almost the spine of their team as 1st team regulars, one of which won CCL player of the year ??

Now I hear on this forum that Bedfont won because of flaws in the rules etc etc etc, and they only finished 10th and the teams they come up against finished higher, have any of you stopped to think that maybe they had new direction come in to get players playing in the right way and use the reserve league to blood youngsters and get players ready for 1st team football, rather than in most cases, especially in the league games, that if a 1st team (big p or little p) had no game they would put out a team full of 1st team regulars ??

From what I see with the youngsters that Bedfont have coming through and the set up they have in place they will be a team to reckon with for years to come.

Bedfont played by far the better football yesterday and were deserved winners, in fact the score should have been more.

My final point now on something that has become boring. Bedfont Sports beat us in the semi final, deservedly, on the pitch. They were the better side on the day and earned the right to get into the final. I went out of my way at the time to ensure the Bedfont lads knew that I felt they deserved a final place. I would say fair and square, but we all know it wasn't. I have always enjoyed going to Bedfont. Decent team, lads, officials and a nice set up so I am disappointed they have pulled out of the reserve league and won't get the chance to go there next season. I am also disappointed with the way this has happened and expected better from them. Let's get away from insinuating Farnham are to blame. The league spotted the mistake, pointed it out to us and Bedfont and, let's not forget, threw them out of the competition. We played by the rules so were naturally expecting to be reinstated. Anybody would be in our position. The fact the appeal was upheld surprised and disappointed us. Again, I am sure any team would feel the same. Many people have faults in this episode. I'm not going to name them but one thing I can ensure everybody is that Farnham Town FC have had NO say in it, and are absolutely blameless. After all, we weren't there yesterday were we?.

Move on man!

Over the moon with the way we played yesterday from start to finish we where on top.

People can say whatever they want me Craig and Greg took the side over with about 6 games left and went with youth and just told the to play football don't go long and played 4-3-3 and the boys have played some of the best football I've seen in years

Bedfont team

1 Alex v u17 1st app 0

2 Adam w 1st app 0

3 Alex h.1st app 15 out of 40

4 cobi j u17 1st app 0

5 Ben b 1st app0

6 Marvin w 1st app0

7 ish p u18 1st app 6

8 Sean o u18 1st app0

9 anil 1st app 0

10 jordon h 1st app 0

11 Taylor g u17 1st app 0

This team has worked very hard for weeks and whatever any of you say deserved that win.

1 player who played the 1st 15 games for the 1st team then when on holiday and didnt get back in out of about 40+ league and cup games in not a first team player.

End of the day that is from the horses mouth no sauces just fact

My final point now on something that has become boring. Bedfont Sports beat us in the semi final, deservedly, on the pitch. They were the better side on the day and earned the right to get into the final. I went out of my way at the time to ensure the Bedfont lads knew that I felt they deserved a final place. I would say fair and square, but we all know it wasn't. I have always enjoyed going to Bedfont. Decent team, lads, officials and a nice set up so I am disappointed they have pulled out of the reserve league and won't get the chance to go there next season. I am also disappointed with the way this has happened and expected better from them. Let's get away from insinuating Farnham are to blame. The league spotted the mistake, pointed it out to us and Bedfont and, let's not forget, threw them out of the competition. We played by the rules so were naturally expecting to be reinstated. Anybody would be in our position. The fact the appeal was upheld surprised and disappointed us. Again, I am sure any team would feel the same. Many people have faults in this episode. I'm not going to name them but one thing I can ensure everybody is that Farnham Town FC have had NO say in it, and are absolutely blameless. After all, we weren't there yesterday were we?.

Understand your points completely but I for one just cannot accept that Farnham/league have acted appropriately in this situation.

Move on man!

Over the moon with the way we played yesterday from start to finish we where on top.

People can say whatever they want me Craig and Greg took the side over with about 6 games left and went with youth and just told the to play football don't go long and played 4-3-3 and the boys have played some of the best football I've seen in years

Bedfont team

1 Alex v u17 1st app 0

2 Adam w 1st app 0

3 Alex h.1st app 15 out of 40

4 cobi j u17 1st app 0

5 Ben b 1st app0

6 Marvin w 1st app0

7 ish p u18 1st app 6

8 Sean o u18 1st app0

9 anil 1st app 0

10 jordon h 1st app 0

11 Taylor g u17 1st app 0

This team has worked very hard for weeks and whatever any of you say deserved that win.

1 player who played the 1st 15 games for the 1st team then when on holiday and didnt get back in out of about 40+ league and cup games in not a first team player.

End of the day that is from the horses mouth no sauces just fact

Bigant....from where I was I would agree with most of your comments on the game yesterday and agree on your teamsheet as I did see it. One out of your three management team yesterday was top drawer and knew what he was doing. He will go far!