Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Constitution for 2012/2013

Do we know what the Constitution is going to be prior to its rubber stamping at the League AGM on Saturday 16 June to be held at Tring Athletic's Grassroots Stadium at 10.30am.

Do we know what the Constitution is going to be prior to its rubber stamping at the League AGM on Saturday 16 June to be held at Tring Athletic's Grassroots Stadium at 10.30am.

No, we don`t

Is'nt that what the meeting is for????

No, we don`t

Horace - Surely you have a good idea though

Technically yes, actually, no.

It's a series of smoke, mirrors, secret handshakes and knowing winks and nods in the weeks prior to the AGM that decides the constitution. It all depends on how confident the SSMFL are of hood winking member clubs and making them all believe that there own rules are being applied properly, without the FA getting wind of it.....

Do we know whether the likes of London Tigers, Hatfield Town and Kentish Town are going to be in the League next season if they haven't got grounds to play at

Technically yes, actually, no.

It's a series of smoke, mirrors, secret handshakes and knowing winks and nods in the weeks prior to the AGM that decides the constitution. It all depends on how confident the SSMFL are of hood winking member clubs and making them all believe that there own rules are being applied properly, without the FA getting wind of it.....

Well if the SSMFL do the job properly Hoddesdon will still be in Div 1 for 2012/13.......

Season 2012-2013

6.1. Baldock Town (Herts County League champions) intimated that they had withdrawn their application for promotion to the competition next season.

6.2. The committee agreed to recommend that Codicote (also of the Herts County League) who finished in a promotion position, be accepted into Division 1 subject to meeting the facilities requirements and ratification by the Football Association.

6.3. A firm application had been received from Southall (Middlesex County League) but no decision could be taken until the club’s season ends, a promotion place is secured and they are given FA approval. The club ground-share with Hanwell Town.

6.4. The committee agreed to recommend that Tring Corinthians’ re-election application to Division Two be accepted and also that a reserve side be admitted to the Reserve Section.

6.5. The committee also agreed to recommend that MK Wanderers be re-elected to Division Two. However the standard of their match day administration was noted with concern and it was agreed that should they finish in a relegation position at the end of season 2012-2013, re-election would be subject to a vast improvement in this respect.

6.6. Correspondence from Royston Town indicated that they wished to place a Reserve side in Division One. As intimated in the April minutes (10.5), the FA continue to express their disapproval of reserve teams competing at Step 6 and after discussion of the issue, it was agreed that Royston’s application be refused.

6.7. It was agreed that Wolverton Town should be recommended for acceptance into Division 2 subject to the club meeting the facilities requirements.

6.8. It was agreed that Winslow United’s request for promotion from Division 2 be reviewed when other issues become clear.

6.9. Letchworth Garden Eagles and West End had withdrawn their applications and there had been no further contact from Luton Sporting Club.

7. Constitution of Divisions 2012-13

7.1. These could not be drawn up before 26th May due to circumstances outlined below in Minute 4.4.

4.4. Mr Burns reported on the latest Step 5/6 meeting. The constitution of the Feeder Leagues for next season could not be finalised until it was known what was happening to clubs higher up in the pyramid, some of whom might be subject to reprieves. There was a possibility that the Spartan South Midlands League might be allocated Ware if they failed to gain a reprieve from relegation from the Ryman Isthmian League Division 1 (North). No decision would be made before 26 May. As part of the Respect Campaign, the FA would be setting a fine for clubs at Step 5 and below next season after they had run up 15 offences (cautions and dismissals) for dissent and abusive language. A further penalty would follow after 20 offences etc. Costings were being worked out for Feeder League Referee Assessor Schemes and the FA was looking at a pooling system for appointments and assessments at Step 5. An increase in funding from the Football Stadium Improvements Fund was now a distinct possibility. Among new projects coming under consideration were irrigation and rain harvesting schemes. Budweiser were also looking at giving grants at Steps 5, 6 and 7.

I just remembered this post by Karen on another thread, so next Saturday is 'D Day' then!

Hodd should do it the propa way like we did come in the top 2 , and not try every trick in the book like right to the ssml saying can they come have a look at our ground again as they don't think it's up to scratch lol sad sad pricks after that I have lost all respect .

This has been going on for the last seven years with Hoddesdon!! BUT i do agree with Hoddesdon on ground sharing. Clubs with no ground facilities of their own should not be allowed to enter this league. But that will never happen!!!

Wooden spoon i have to disagre, ground sharing is a cost effective way of 2 clubs surviving and in he current climate of cubs folding it should be welcomed. After all if its good enough for AC and Inter why not good enough for 2 south midlands teams!

As for promotion 3 up and 3 down is a good idea. It would freshen up the teams in the leagues and having been involved in teams in both leagues i feel that the top 5 from Div 1 would do well in the Prem.

Lastly Hoddesdon are just trying to look after themselves and you cant blame them for that can you! Perhaps at times the line is crossed but if all clubs had a commitee as passionate as theres the league would be much stronger.

Wooden spoon i have to disagre, ground sharing is a cost effective way of 2 clubs surviving and in he current climate of cubs folding it should be welcomed. After all if its good enough for AC and Inter why not good enough for 2 south midlands teams!

As for promotion 3 up and 3 down is a good idea. It would freshen up the teams in the leagues and having been involved in teams in both leagues i feel that the top 5 from Div 1 would do well in the Prem.

Lastly Hoddesdon are just trying to look after themselves and you cant blame them for that can you! Perhaps at times the line is crossed but if all clubs had a commitee as passionate as theres the league would be much stronger.

Think we should leave comparing SSML to world class outfits to Rhodes. Two Munich clubs share too but those teams represent same cities/towns. Where as Tik Tok are playing in Anersham nowhere nearer community they are meant to represent for example they aren't the only ones. Also these teams seem to get money to put in players pockets but not provide adequate facilities. I can see both sides of the argument to be fair but in some cases it really looks like a short cut short term solution.

I completely agree on the Tik Tok argument, and it can only work with some conditions including distance! It works at Woodson and Ware and Broxbourne and Lions to name 2. Its not for everyone but i dont think 2 close by teams ground sharing should be punished by lack of promotion. On the mention of facilities i agree and think that there are some awful grounds out there and the league should look improving that.

Hodd should do it the propa way like we did come in the top 2 , and not try every trick in the book like right to the ssml saying can they come have a look at our ground again as they don't think it's up to scratch lol sad sad pricks after that I have lost all respect .

This has been going on for the last seven years with Hoddesdon!! BUT i do agree with Hoddesdon on ground sharing. Clubs with no ground facilities of their own should not be allowed to enter this league. But that will never happen!!!

Are all Hoddesdons facilities their own?

I'm not sure how Hoddesdon have become the focus of this thread? I didn't mention them at all. My comment was a general one, more on the leagues application of FA rules rather than anything else.

Craig, that's a rather large accusation there my friend and to my knowledge, I know nothing of any such letter being sent to the SSMFL by Hoddesdon Town. If you have proof of that, I'll gladly hold my hands up, but it's not something I am aware of (although I haven't been to the last 5 committee meetings, so anything is possible!)

Nice to see Wooden Spoon pitching up again as soon as anything Hoddesdon related is mentioned. Hi Pier!! Xx

I'm not sure how Hoddesdon have become the focus of this thread? I didn't mention them at all. My comment was a general one, more on the leagues application of FA rules rather than anything else.

Craig, that's a rather large accusation there my friend and to my knowledge, I know nothing of any such letter being sent to the SSMFL by Hoddesdon Town. If you have proof of that, I'll gladly hold my hands up, but it's not something I am aware of (although I haven't been to the last 5 committee meetings, so anything is possible!)

Nice to see Wooden Spoon pitching up again as soon as anything Hoddesdon related is mentioned. Hi Pier!! Xx

Heard you wrote the letter!! LOL.... Cricket club this weekend???

Can't believe Hoddy would pull a stunt like that over Ampthill, although I do think there should be 3 up & 3 down or at least a play-off between the Prem 3rd from bottom & Div.1 3rd.