Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island FC 2012/13 Squad

Matt H

You would have thought so, which makes me think that he's been told by Glen that barring injuries and suspensions he would be warming the bench and he didn't like it. That on top of any travel issues wouldn't have made it very desirable to take part this season.

I see from today's Echo that Glen Alzapiedi has confirmed he is staying on next season and going by his comments Andre will be first choice between the sticks. He also states that he's ideally looking to add five new players to the squad; three defenders, a midfielder who can play wide and central and a versatile attacker.

A seperate article also states that Mitchell Gilbey will be remaining with the academy so I presume he'll remain in the first team too after making the break through.

Very interesting as this is completely Alzapiedi's squad and not one he has inherited half way through a season.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is not just new players but also perhaps tactics/formations we see given a try in pre-season.

I think a lot of the talent spotting and player recruitment is still done by John. As far as I am aware, Glen identifies the types of player he wants/what positions he wants filled and John goes out and finds the players.

I missed this announcement last month, but I see Maidstone United confirmed Wardy as their Assistant Manager. Always knew he wanted to end his playing career with his home-town club so wouldn't be surprised to see him getting a few games next season too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pleased to see the club have signed Rickie Hayles. Thought both our centre halves had good games Saturday, so I wouldn't mind seeing Robbie join either. Chelmsford and Hornchurch will both be good games to test their partnership together, (providing Robbie plays in both) and if they come good together during those I think we will potentially have another exciting partnership on our hands.

Hayles is a decent signing and very versatile. Can play at right back or in midfield so will add real strength to the squad.