Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Matt H

Maybe so,but those 8 will be watching blue square south football next season,anyway,as poor as our support can be,I doubt we could ever go as low as the pitiful 19 you bought to the bridge a couple of years ago,the night england were playing some ropey eastern european outfit on the tele,pitiful I tell thee

Trust me mate, I was there when you won the playoffs, felt like you'd just got through to the second round of the Thameside Trophy!

I remember that night.....we won! Although I know that doesn't narrow it down much :)

Whats the matter hynab,been a long time since you could taunt anyone??

sorry it took time to reply i was just going over the you tube clips of our wins over you and it took quiet some time, my gripe is not really with hornchurch more with ricay their supporters look on us as dirt why ask them down if we dont have to and i like pre season friendlies against teams we dont normally play like dartford and welling dont like ricay and their fairweather supporters, at least hornchurch being in the con south has made boreham wood happy they wont be the worst supported team in that division

I would have thought that Canvey would be favourites for promotion next season now that that Fat Boy Slim has joined you from Chelmsford.

Mind you, he dosn't seem to have left them in a good financial state .

Pretty much the same as when he left Canvey for Chelmsford in the first place.

find it hard to slag of kingy when it comes to canvey island fc gave us some unforgettable times and left us on a level footing and a football club he could of done it different now hes back i know its not going to be like before but to have one of the top 10 non league managers ever involved must only be good for us

Kingy is a good good manager but to say he is one of the top 10 non league managers of all time must be a comment bought on by mind bending drugs,and if it was awarded to him by someone then they must of been in the same drug induced state

from mid table essex senior side to the conference, trophy winners, ryman prem winners, 3rd round of the fa cup,live on match of the day, sky sports, beating northampton, port vale and wigan(away), trophy runners up, making the name canvey island fc known in the football world and feared and playing with flair and excitement, regularly scoring 100+ goals a season if there is 9 others that have done that i would like their names

Kingy is a good good manager but to say he is one of the top 10 non league managers of all time must be a comment bought on by mind bending drugs,and if it was awarded to him by someone then they must of been in the same drug induced state

from mid table essex senior side to the conference, trophy winners, ryman prem winners, 3rd round of the fa cup,live on match of the day, sky sports, beating northampton, port vale and wigan(away), trophy runners up, making the name canvey island fc known in the football world and feared and playing with flair and excitement, regularly scoring 100+ goals a season if there is 9 others that have done that i would like their names

I bet there's nine managers who have done similar but not with the money he splashed on it.You have to remember it was all his money,no other manager gets that luxury and when he got bored he left you to get relegated 3 leagues,not too many managers can do that either

I bet there's nine managers who have done similar but not with the money he splashed on it.You have to remember it was all his money,no other manager gets that luxury and when he got bored he left you to get relegated 3 leagues,not too many managers can do that either

Names?

I remember a club who liked to splash the cash, paying over the odds to sign players from rival clubs and then when the money ran out dropped three leagues from Conf South to ESL. Pretty sure that Clubs' Managers didn't hang around too long though...

Yep,us,but the money man didn't manage the team did he???

I never said kingy was a sh1t manager did i,just doubted he was anywhere near the top 10 Non league managers of all time.

Had he got you in the football league,then maybe my opinion would of changed but its not too difficult if a club is being bankrolled to get from ESL to Ryman prem champions which is how you got into the conference,we have done pretty much the same in the last 7 years.

Winning the trophy once and getting to another final,fair cop but he will always be tarnished by pulling the plug when he did,dropping you down 3 leagues,then having it on his toes to chelmsford and to be honest,most of your fans weren't too pleased at the time although now he is back and you lot have a big budget from what i hear,he is obviously flavour of the month and i hope you join us next season in the conf south

Yep,us,but the money man didn't manage the team did he???

I never said kingy was a sh1t manager did i,just doubted he was anywhere near the top 10 Non league managers of all time.

Had he got you in the football league,then maybe my opinion would of changed but its not too difficult if a club is being bankrolled to get from ESL to Ryman prem champions which is how you got into the conference,we have done pretty much the same in the last 7 years.

Winning the trophy once and getting to another final,fair cop but he will always be tarnished by pulling the plug when he did,dropping you down 3 leagues,then having it on his toes to chelmsford and to be honest,most of your fans weren't too pleased at the time although now he is back and you lot have a big budget from what i hear,he is obviously flavour of the month and i hope you join us next season in the conf south

We will be in the Connie National this time next year :rascal:

Edited by kimbles left foot

The whole "big budget" thing is somewhat wide of the mark from what I've been lead to believe. Everything statement that has come out of the club has reiterated that Jeff is not back to bankroll the club, I suppose people will only believe this when they see it.

I agree with Rob in that with the money we spent previously I don't think what we did previously was that remarkable. Jeff did a fantastic job as manager and he certainly brought a lot of extremely good players to the club, but with the resources available that was to be expected. Give Roberto Mancini the Barnet job and I wonder how well he would do.....

I wasn't knocking kingy,but every season a club comes into the ryman prem with more resources than others,you did it in 2003,we were obviously splashing the cash as well but even then i think our owners realised they could (or thought they could) get out of the bss the season after and went for that instead as a good team we may of had in 2003 we didnt really go mad money wise until the summer you had gone up.

The two trophy finals were not to be sniffed at but grays done the same and its obvious that the trophy isn't taken as seriously by the top clubs as it should be.

I agree with what you're saying, we weren't the first and we won't be the last - Havant & Waterlooville look like the next accidents waiting to happen.

In regards to the trophy, when we won the trophy in 2001 we did it when the competition still was taken seriously, although since it has lost its relevance somewhat. We beat Stevenage, Telford, Chester and Forest Green, and all of them were out to beat us with their full sides out. The difference was that our full side included the likes of Tilson, Stimson, Bodley, Vaughan, Gregory, Kennedy etc, all of whom could have played in the Conference at that time considering the talent they possessed.

Edited by The Great Eckscape