Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

England v Italy

This European championship Quarter Final will be shown Live in the Clubhouse this Sunday 24th June 2012

The Bar will be open and it should be a good atmosphere on our Big TV

Come on down and support the national team in your local club

Bring your friends and family too

Sorry chaps

the football will not be shown on Sunday

There is a christening which we thought was finishing by 6pm but wont be finished till gone 8,therefore it will not be open for this game.

If we win Sunday,the Semi Final will be shown Live at the club

Good thing I'll be in Finland for the likely England v Germany day I guess then

As long as there are functions too when there's a game nobody cares about (Euro final - function, Stoke v Villa - free club, City v Utd - function, Wigan v West Brom - free club, that'd be ridiculous, but sod's law, it'll happen)

Michael, that someone being myself

Well said Simon.

Derek, surely you'd rather have an extra hour or two of drinking Old Speckled Hen most times?

Yes Simon I know that. The club needs its functions but it also needs its fans' money too.

Edited by MARIO GOMEZ

In the park crumpled horn as we speak

I can see your frustration Andy but the club must come first,juggling the books so we have a football club dictates that the priority should be functions,although i do believe that the fans should have somewhere open after games and whenever live football is shown,problem is,it is virtually impossible at the moment to juggle the two and the club has to do what it feels best to do this.

One solution,which i have had in my head for years is a seperate bar for Supporters to congregate in after matches,weekends and evenings

A Sports Bar,with a membership policy outside of match days with a pool table,darts,fruit machines,sky tv etc etc,big enough to hold all those mentioned but open daily,subsidised by the membership and any profit from Beer,food,pool etc etc.

Problem is,it would not be cheap to get up and running and where would we put it,there is some space around the ground,next to existing clubhouse,in the Corner of the Car Park etc,perhaps this is something the club could look at,however pie in the sky it may seem,it could be a long term goal of the clubs fans to raise money for such a thing through events etc.If done correctly i think it could be a little gold mine,especially as the only place to watch football in upminster is the yeoman

Had a great reunion weekend in Buxton tasted several new brews

Sorry rob, my post was relevant to Andy . Nice thought about a sports bar but not sure it would attract enough punters with no game on

I disagree,once it was known to be a good venue,i believe locals would come.

Its like when we started opening the clubhouse for games,it was always going to be slow to start with.

In the old days we had a bar that was always open,you would be surprised by the amount of people who came down,they knew they could get a nice pint,have a game of darts,pool etc in a relaxed atmosphere.

The idea is not to start off expecting hundreds through and just to make sure you are not running at a loss

You could run it partly with volunteers from the club/Supporters Association and have paid staff when you ascertain the busier periods.

Its completely doable and would solve the problem of where to go after the game.

Farnboroughs bar would be a benchmark,the local community apparantly flock there on non matchdays and would increase the profile of the club ten fold

Easy to scoff at but we are a Conference South Club and i believe although this is ambitious and not easy,it is something we should seriously be looking at if we are serious about maintaining a connie south profile or going higher

If you think it'll work rob I'll sports you

Haven't got me reading specs on. Should have said support you