Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wembley FC

Me too, so, answering your question what happens after the 2 years, Wembley Fc simply carry on as normal, just with a vast improvement on an already nice stadium, better equipment, many more fans, friends & contacts and huge exposure for a little non-league club. They are on to a winner here. And I for one am very happy for them.

What's the fuss about it'll be great for us to play against the likes of them!!!

On

Yeah only if you're drawn against in the FA Cup which appears to be the only competition these has beens will be playing. Agree with other forumites, I would be well p*ssed off if I was playing week in and week out in the CCL then come the FA Cup fixture one is dropped. All grass roots/non-league players and club alike really look forward to FA Cup and Vase/Trophy so being dumped for a has been is not right for the loyal players of Wembley FC....in my eyes its a disgrace all for the love of the game.......yeah right, publicity one means... ! :angry:

With Hendon possibly leaving Vale Farm at the end of this season Wembley will be losing the income they get from that so good luck to them in getting whatever money they can while they can.

I think it's a bit of a circus getting all these old players in though. If they were still plying their trade as players and were just dropping a division then it would feel different but resurrecting them like this seems a bit of a peetake. I can't imagine they'll be 100% behind the cause if they're only playing in cup matches and they may treat it a bit too lightly - more like a charity match and a bit of a laugh. I could be wrong. Guaranteed whoever they play in the first game will be well up for it though and it'll be good for them. I'm sure Ascot were delighted with the circus rolling into their ground last season.

As for the comment about that dreadful American drink not doing anything else for other clubs - all you have to do is win one game in the FA Cup and you've got some of their money. Hanworth Villa got a few grand in prize money for their cup run last season.

B**weiser can sponsor the FA Cup and throw however much money they want at individual clubs, I still won't drink the stuff. :puke3:

Me too, so, answering your question what happens after the 2 years, Wembley Fc simply carry on as normal, just with a vast improvement on an already nice stadium, better equipment, many more fans, friends & contacts and huge exposure for a little non-league club. They are on to a winner here. And I for one am very happy for them.

Many more Fans,that does not always equate,yes they will have more fans while the Circus is in Town,soon as they move on,which they will, they will be back to normal.Will they be able to attract players like they do now though,or keep the ones they have now,who are decent and do not get paid.The current players will be paid this year surely,they are not naive enough to run their socks off for Mercenaries surely,just to say,I had the great pleasure of playing with them.I do not know a player at this level who does not look forward to playing in the F.A.Cup,but to stand aside for a NAME,takes things to a new level.Is Seaman better than Pearcey,is Parlour better than Bates,you choose.Just hope Wembley as a Club get every penny out of this deal,but are careful with it,for the future in Step 5 Football.

Probably my last word on this.

Nothing wrong in taking the corporate dollar in this day and age, especially in the CCL but they should have got these players in for the CCL not just the FA Cup. That stinks anyway you look at it.

I just hope they don't lose out in anyway in 2 years time but they won't get my sympathy if they do.

You make a good point Smudge. But I'm sure Wembley have never had a problem with attracting new players in the past. All that this does is attract higher number than normal. And I'm sure that if it came to it, the player/manager of the club would be the first one to step aside on the pitch if it was for the greater good of the club, which is what all this is about. Still, this is what footballs all about, different opinions!

Should of done a bit of research about Wembley F.C. before I posted.Their Chairman Mr. Brian Gumm has been in situ since the 70's,and given his all for the Club,so wish Wembley F.C.all the best in this venture,even though I still think it is a Circus Event.Get every penny you can,while it lasts.You deserve it for all your hard work.

Edited by Smudge

Should of done a bit of research about Wembley F.C. before I posted.Their Chairman Mr. Brian Gumm has been in situ since the 70's,and given his all for the Club,so wish Wembley F.C.all the best in this venture,even though I still think it is a Circus Event.Get every penny you can,while it lasts.You deserve it for all your hard work.

Invest the cash for the long term future of the club.

Remember Eric Ninja Young playing for Egham many moons ago,he just dropped a shoulder,and had 2 opposing players in a melee on the floor.Stanley Matthews was still class at 50,what about George Eastham pure quality at 46.NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING OLD,ask Blueandwhitearmy,class is forever.

Eric's brother Julian was the better of the two, a tall gangly striker with velcro touch, he could make a bad pass into a good one with his long legs.....the problem was he didn't have the application, committment and desire as Eric did...another one that went by the wayside....... shame !

My point exactly!! A little bit of info and you lot jump all over it,Brian has been here years,batesy has played over 800 games for club! Are they gonna let some corporate big wig come and destroy it?

As for the pros playing for the club in the cup,every player knows the risk in staying at the club your shirt maybe taken by an ex pro.if it is for just the fact cup games so be it,we won't win the fa cup but the league is now a realistic shout,Ian's no mug and won't suffer mercenaries! There was 150 trialists in and only 2 come through.

If this whole thing brings 10 extra through your teams gate paying £5 each,having a pint and a burger then that's money you wouldn't have got before this thing happened,its that not a good thing.

I wish people would be see this as a positive thing,yes there is a circus involved but at 35 I'm training with David seaman and loving my football send people want to be down on that then so be it.

TBH, as long as it's sponsorship and not loans what does it matter what happens in two years? They should be in no worse a position but have better facilities.

The issue here surely is the serious or not attitude to the FA Cup.

I dont think too manycomplained when Bud said they would sponsor wembley.

El tel as an "advisor" , well good publicity, well done.

These player signings have got peoples goat though.

On reflection I think its an interesting move. Will they form the basis of a Wembley fa cup side ? If so its going to be illuminating to see how a"normal" ccl or equivalent side does against them.

Wembley need to try to progress a little in the cup , a 1-0 away defeat to South Park wont sit well in America!

So to try to "buy" a few games in the cup by bringing in higher standard players who can they go for?

Ryman level? A few players from there for just a few games wont guarantee anything

Conference players? Majority of those will be on contracts and wont get cup tied.

League? even more so.

A pure charity xi sunday side would be insulting and get smashed

So maybe these make sense, but why these? `did tel get on great with them?

Anyway, lets see whos next, Sheringham, Claridge?

Anyway, lets see whos next, Sheringham, Claridge?

Jamie Redknapp picturesplease.gif

lach.gif

This newes has defo got lots of attention on the forums thats for sure.