Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wembley FC

This is my point,how many watched the ascot v wembley game on Facebook,I believe 30,000.I understand there was packed ground too.that was for a one off game.if the program shows a good level football and entertainment it MIGHT (I do say might) generate a little bit more interest in your local club from the local community therefore more money for your club once again it could make us look like c=-Ots and it does.nt do us any favours.I believe they filmed wembley v dorking,croydon,cwfc,banstead and horley all games had at least 1 goal and were good games to be involved in so hopefully we & the film mob put a good show together and portray in the right light.

ok so here's one scenario, fixture list and the cup draw throws up a coincidence as often happens

League game

Your club v wembley

Fa cup pre thingy following saturday

Your club v Wembley

You win three nil in the league and lose three nil in the cup because carlos kickaball and his pals trotted up.. Fair on your club?

Or you lose three nil in the league and win three nil in the cup because the good wembley regulars have been dropped for Billy Wellpastit. Fair on Wembley or other clubs who played a proper side?

Hostage to fortune I think, and though I dont like the player bit, Im pretty sure Ill be watching the game!

I'm not a big fan of football blogs. A lot of them are written by pseudo intellectuals who 'think' too much but don't actually 'do' a lot. You won't find them sweeping a terrace for example.

However, this pretty much sums up what I believe a lot of people are thinking:

http://therealfacup.co.uk/2012/06/27/the-wembley-way/

I'm glad you said a lot there Chris. Anyway, I have two questions:

1. What exactly is the documentary that pearcey mentioned? He worried it might be condescending,well now then it's time for clus in this league to speak to the people involved and get a real slice of Step 5 football on camera and not some jokey pisstake.

2. I fully agree that Wembleys car park needs sorting but what is wrong with their clubhouse that needs a new one?

Where's Gussy when you want a decent comment ??

Not STILL keeping the bench warm ??

Put aside the perceived pros and cons of the deal for one minute and look at the law/rule in every competition that states 'You must field your strongest available team for each match' ! If these players only play in the FA Cup then the CCL and all other competitions you play in will be entitled to fine the club for a breach of the rules, will Budweiser be paying those as well or will they also employ a compliant GP to sign the sicknotes every week ?

As far as the deal goes IMO any deal that improves the infrastructure of a club ie facilities can only be good and Pearcey is right in saying that the opportunity to train with players like this is a one off chance but let's be realistic about the number of appearances they will actually make as the reality is that they're all old and past it - if they were still any good they'd still be playing for money somewhere ie Conference level.

When the circus leaves town in a couple of years the club will have in place a superb facility and a more professional outlook and then they might even be able to mount a challenge for the title but it won't happen if you have the old men appearing on a regular basis - enjoy the ride I'm sure it will be fun !

Get real Wind sec....... Are you going to talk to the Prem clubs Man u Chelsea etc that put out their STRONGEST sides in all competitions.....

Interesting thread. Enjoying your posts Duncs cos I know if this happened at a club you were at you would be raging against it. You talk about players sticking together and being part of it all but then support this nonsense. Am I jealous not in the slightest. Good luck to Wembley cos I like Batesy and always did when I officated him as well as the club but this is all a joke as far as I am concerned.

WTF are you on about Kroonernburg have you been on the sauce or are you a little bit more envious than you are actually telling us,I would never stop this sort of thing happening I would love for it to happen at my club ( Ash for all of you who don't know ) it would be great.

Interesting thread. Enjoying your posts Duncs cos I know if this happened at a club you were at you would be raging against it. You talk about players sticking together and being part of it all but then support this nonsense. Am I jealous not in the slightest. Good luck to Wembley cos I like Batesy and always did when I officated him as well as the club but this is all a joke as far as I am concerned.

WTF are you on about Kroonernburg have you been on the sauce or are you a little bit more envious than you are actually telling us,I would never stop this sort of thing happening I would love for it to happen at my club ( Ash for all of you who don't know ) it would be great.

Duncs utter rubbish and you know it. You build a side of local lads and then this happens. You would be kicking off and you know it :)

No your wrong Kroons this is as much to do with the infrastructure as it is the team nobody should stand in the way of progress,now old young un I can't believe that your club is gonna gamble with its senior status were you party to the new management team if not what do you think of the situation

Pearcey you are a nice honest bloke who i have played with for a couple of seasons and good luck with it all. I know for sure that you will enjoy every minute and i played with a few of the so called has beens last year in a work game and a few will be very surprised how good and fit some still are! I dont think they will weaken your team at all and hopefully you win the league, f.a cup, vase, league cup because then some on hear may finally give it a rest and just enjoy it all.

Dont change the subject which you are only doing cos you know I am right.

you know me to well you old Deputy Dawg lookalike

Hmmmmmmmmmm ! I'll let others decide !!

http://www.jedisparadise.com/2/Deputy_Dawg.htm

Just make sure that Gazza's not been assigned a role! Even a sausage one!

Get real Wind sec....... Are you going to talk to the Prem clubs Man u Chelsea etc that put out their STRONGEST sides in all competitions.....

Weeble, Windsor aren't in the Premier League so have no influence over what that league does but as a CCL side we would certainly ask the league to ensure any team wasn't cherry-picking their fixtures to put out their strongest side when it suited them !

Windsor_sec, the problem with that rule at this level is player availability. Rightly or wrongly if Wembley turn round and say these players were unavailable for other games, then how do you stop it? You can't start fining every club because their star player has to work or look after their kid one weekend.

From what I see only one person has answered the question honestly and that's kroons,what would you do if it were your club being offered this op? It seems that it's wembleys turn for the abuse or stick,chertsey had their bit,guildford city got theirs(I gave them some too) and Windsor got stick last season for their 1,000,000 budget.jealousy seems to affect this forum very badly,yes everyone is entitled to an opinion but you know what they say about opinions and arseholes.

As I said before I hope this is a good thing for wembley and the ccl prem,if it isn't f#@k it! We'll just carry on being a little lge at the bottom of the football pyramid that nobody knows nor cares about!

If myself or wembley are made to stupid then so be it but I've had in excess of 4 hrs gk coaching from David Seaman and they paid for a personal trainer to help me lose weight (lost 2 stone) so as the saying goes "I'm alright jack"