Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wembley FC

Spurs, funnily enough TNS have applied to take part in the FA Cup this season.

One thing which might go against them is the 'cage' around their arena they play in at Oswestry, as I'm not sure it's allowed by the FA?

I know.and im only partly joking about Rangers!

I think whoever wembley draw, we should get carlsberg to sponsor the other side. Ronnie Radford, Smith must score from Brighton, Ricky Villa, et al.

Its just become a beer advert. Who is going on soccer am to complain? smudge>?

Better Smudge than Rhodes, Spurs ;)

Ok I'll bite.

How many of you or your clubs would say NO to the opportunity being given to us?

I get gk coaching from David seaman,the arsenal fans amongst the team get to meet there idols.yes some of might miss 1 or 2 games but it will still be an experience working with some truly great pro's.

I am disappointed at the amount of negativity on here for a supposedly friendly and close league it's a poor show!

The club and players have benefited massively,the club has a new bar,upgraded ground and new car park.

The players received full training kit,boots and tracksuits.

It's been filmed so you can see(admire,moan,take the piss or be jealous) but when the cameras are gone we are wembley the same wembley that played for nothing,train on dog shirt park and like every other club dream of winning the league!

Hoe many of you would say NO to this opportunity?

Pearcey, just be careful that the plans are laid on solid rock.

There are numerous instances where the money men have pulled out or lost interest, and left football clubs in deep doo-dah.

If Budweiser, El Tel etc. are in it for the long haul then great, but just take care that it's not going to be all 'flash in the pan.' Notts. County were once promised Premier League football by 2015 with their Qadbak 'owners' and we all know how that turned out...

The club has survived before budweiser send will do after! It's exciting and is an adventure,it's not a Spencer day situation it's a 2 yr deal with a poss extension.there's no hidden agenda,it's a straight up deal .

I think its great for the club,great for the league,and who cares if it is a flash in the pan,its going to be a great experience for everyone involved,and to answer your question Pearcey no other club would of turned this opportunity down

Pearcey, just be careful that the plans are laid on solid rock.

There are numerous instances where the money men have pulled out or lost interest, and left football clubs in deep doo-dah.

If Budweiser, El Tel etc. are in it for the long haul then great, but just take care that it's not going to be all 'flash in the pan.' Notts. County were once promised Premier League football by 2015 with their Qadbak 'owners' and we all know how that turned out...

To be fair AK, i think this is different from your 'we'll be in the League in 5 years' boom and bust merchants. Effectively, the club is being used for a giant (limited period) publicity stunt for a US drinks company. Can't really say i'm surprised the club and players are in favour, but as mentioned before it does make a joke of this level of football in general in my opinion. One of the reasons I enjoy this level is the lack of Premier League showbiz type shite.

As I said the players and the club benefit.new kits,balls,training kit,tracksuits,new car park,bar,ground upgrade,team bus,a chance to train with players you've watched (idolised) growing up.sorry trs you sound bitter!who'd say NO to that? Molesy with their Swedish sauna style changing rooms,dorking with third run Down changing rooms,colliers wood? Seriously have a think mate,so budweiser use wembley for 2 seasons,wembley get 5 years min of stuff! His much to do up a ground,car park and bar? Could your club afford it? I know wembley can't! Either your jealous or small minded??????

Put aside the perceived pros and cons of the deal for one minute and look at the law/rule in every competition that states 'You must field your strongest available team for each match' ! If these players only play in the FA Cup then the CCL and all other competitions you play in will be entitled to fine the club for a breach of the rules, will Budweiser be paying those as well or will they also employ a compliant GP to sign the sicknotes every week ?

As far as the deal goes IMO any deal that improves the infrastructure of a club ie facilities can only be good and Pearcey is right in saying that the opportunity to train with players like this is a one off chance but let's be realistic about the number of appearances they will actually make as the reality is that they're all old and past it - if they were still any good they'd still be playing for money somewhere ie Conference level.

When the circus leaves town in a couple of years the club will have in place a superb facility and a more professional outlook and then they might even be able to mount a challenge for the title but it won't happen if you have the old men appearing on a regular basis - enjoy the ride I'm sure it will be fun !

As I said the players and the club benefit.new kits,balls,training kit,tracksuits,new car park,bar,ground upgrade,team bus,a chance to train with players you've watched (idolised) growing up.sorry trs you sound bitter!who'd say NO to that? Molesy with their Swedish sauna style changing rooms,dorking with third run Down changing rooms,colliers wood? Seriously have a think mate,so budweiser use wembley for 2 seasons,wembley get 5 years min of stuff! His much to do up a ground,car park and bar? Could your club afford it? I know wembley can't! Either your jealous or small minded??????

idolised lol not ray parlour lol ive already tweeted him im smashing him lol (IF I GET NEAR HIM) LOL

im not for or against its good news theyve freshened up your facilities an well ex pros involved aslong as they do some coaching an its not a gimmick its gota be good for the players. id be pissed off though if i was dropped after having a decent game for the next game thats an fa cup tie!!! Not a bad thing though pearcey dropped for seaman one of englands finest ;)

Ray Parlour was on talk sport this morning and when asked about it had no idea what league Wembley play in, I think he managed 'something counties'.

In all honesty though who would turn this down, you're spot on Pearcey, how often does a club get an amazing opportunity like this to experience training with any number of ex pros and cashing in on the deal along the way?

Will the players only play in the cup games, surely in the preceeding matches at least some will want to get some match practice in? Possibly some will want to turn out against the top sides aswell. This has the potential for some increased revenue for other clubs aswell.

More exposure for the Combined Counties can only be good, add in AFCW and Guernsey and surely it keeps the CC the highest profile league at this level.

Good luck to Wembley, it's not a joke it's a great opportunity and if all the money is pulled out, what can they really lose, they will be left with a good legacy and players will want to play for the club. With the possible exception of Guernsey, I don't beleive there is a club who would have even thought twice about it.

Edited by Brogues

I'm sorry but I will stick by what I said and think it is a corporate pish.

If Budweiser really want to help out why don't they sponsor the CCL???

Rather than upgrade the facilities of one team for their own purposes (and let's face it they are doing NONE of this to help Wembley but 100% of it to give them cheap publicity) why don't they sponsor grass roots football, or the CCL?

Why? Cos their is no mileage in it.

Their gimmicky abuse of the FA Cup is one more reason why the competition is made to look more about money each year and not the prestige.

Half a dozen players seemingly will miss out on the chance to do well for Wembley in the FA Cup so some has beens can generate cheap publicity for a shit beer company.

The CCL will not benefit one iota. They will get no money from it, nor will other clubs in the league.

The fact that Parlour doesn't even know the name of the league proves it.

Pearcey you have obviously never ever met T.R.S.,you comments BITTER,SMALL MINDED,JEALOUS,could not be further from the Truth.Every poster on here is entitled to an opinion,and T.R.S.voiced his,that you did not agree with,nothing wrong in that.But by insulting him,you lost the argument with me.

Pearcey you have obviously never ever met T.R.S.,you comments BITTER,SMALL MINDED,JEALOUS,could not be further from the Truth.Every poster on here is entitled to an opinion,and T.R.S.voiced his,that you did not agree with,nothing wrong in that.But by insulting him,you lost the argument with me.

No argument to lose,that's how his comments come across to me,I stood up for my club.people are always to happy to miss on people's parade.now it's wembley chance to get a bit of luck.

Pearcey - when Dudweiser get bored of you, I hope it doesn't end badly with player costs and maintenance expnses proving to be higher than your income.

But if it does, dont get your bucket out, or expect anyone to sympathise if you come out with the "they left us in the lurch, why should us fans get punished" rubbish.

For me, purely because some genuine CCL players are missing out in not playing in the FA Cup it is bad enough. That truly stinks.

Where many people fall into a trap when Clubs have a windfall,is instead of being pragmatic and saying little, they think every one is bitter,jealous.You try to defend what has been said,that you took as a dig at Wembley,by mentioning others besides T.R.S.,i.e what have Molesey,Dorking,Colliers Wood got to do with this matter.If Budweiser were honest,they only did it for the free publicity it would generate for their brand,not for grass roots Football.Take as much money of them as you can,or are the lesser lights doing it for the LOVE OF WEMBLEY F.C.?

Their gimmicky abuse of the FA Cup is one more reason why the competition is made to look more about money each year and not the prestige.

I've found Budweiser's sponsorship of the FA Cup to be superb, actually. Unlike their beer, their broadcast of Ascot vs Wembley last year was very good. Can you think of any other live broadcast of clubs at this level attracting 30,000 spectators?

This stunt may be pushing the boundaries of what's acceptable, but it's hard to see where Wembley will lose out here (except perhaps the players that lose their places in the FA Cup).