Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

51 days to go then there is no place to hide......

mostwanted

Hookey - I would imagine early August.

mostwanted - Which club are you involved with?

I agree this is going to be one of the most exciting leagues for a long time, there is alot of hype about alot of teams, really looking forward to seeing how teams shape up, i think the 2 teams coming up will make it a really good league and with all the movement in the top teams it should make it an interesting one..Frenford still my tip tho..

Nonsense EU. There are plenty of clubs in leagues up and down the pyramid where facilities will prohibit them from seeking promotion. Should they be taken any less seriously?

The Essex Senior League only ever has 3/4 of its 18/19 team constitution applying for promotion. A few years back Maldon Town finished in the play off places in Ryman Division One but did not compete because they did not apply for promotion.

All clubs have ambition but all ambitions differ. There are teams in the EOL desperately trying to work their way into step 5 football whereas others are at the peak of their powers and happy with the level they compete. There is nothing wrong with either.

Are you telling me you can take the ESL seriously, for example, when they are accepting Sunday League sides to make up the numbers?

The EOL may not be played in stadiums but the criteria to enter is far more stringent. Newbury Forest were accepted into the league from a neighbouring step 7 league where they finished 3rd, and also won the Essex Premier Cup, but were only admitted into division one of the EOL. Yet London Bari have jumped from Sunday football to Step 5. That's a league that won't get taken seriously if you ask me.

Facilities do not make a club, the people and players do. As a player I would rather travel to Kelvedon Hatch, Frenford Senior and White Ensign than Clapton(twice) anyway!

Spot on Smallsy, I got slated for saying exactly the same!. London Bari's elevation to Step 5 because they are sharing Clapton is a farce. It is far better for any club to progress gradually and develop into a Step 5 club. Makes the club stronger and will help the group to stay together when the going gets tough. A fine example of this is Takeley. All this ground sharing crap should not be allowed unless the status has already been achieved . We have seen it all before Beaumont who dropped out of the ESL after one season and then couldn't get a team together for the EOL ! Progress in any sport should be earned, not given as a freebie. EOL's treatment of Newbury Forest (a very good side) is spot on !. Pleasing the FA backed it!

I agree with most of what you say smalldog but something needs to be done by not just the clubs but leagues and FA.

Football is a spectator sport,spectators pay money to watch and those spectators should watch their local team with the knowledge that each team can get promoted should they be good enough.I understand the logistics are impossible for many because of ground grading and maybe my own club would struggle to meet such criteria.

To be fair my comment was aimed more at leagues and the FA whose stringent regulations mean many struggle to progress,it was more to highlight that

I recently left a ridgeons 1 club who were told if we ever got promoted then we would have to do in excess of 50k worth of work! For a club averaging 70 a game this was nothing short of laughable. How can the fa expect sides to take promotion when they set such ridiculous criteria.

Some good points on here lads.

Be interested to know what you think the Leagues can do about some of these issues?

You may be right to blame them as they can be behind the curve but they also have limited power to make changes.

The problems arise because the system and structure does not work.

Too much self ineterest everywhere.

what you reckon?

What the leagues can do?

One thing,stop restricting clubs because of their size.

If little old Hornchurch wants to go all the way to the Premier league with a tin pot stadium and attendances of 3'000 then let them,if they can segregate the ground to accomodate 500 away fans,provide them with turnstyles,p1ssers,food and drink a programme then that should be good enough,football clubs should not be penalised because of their size

don't disagree with you but that is an FA stipulation is it not?

Ground criteria and all that?

Let's face it there are many Ckubs in trouble and more to come - there has to be some control over their growth - we are all passionate about our Clubs but how can you control this?

Leagues can help develop clubs but they are limited by FA rules etc and by the volunteers that want to get involved - like Clubs............some are better than others.

Archived