Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Andy's Quote in NLP

In the match report Andy is quoted as saying that "he would be happy with a goal and trying to defend it"

He has just rung me to say that he didn't say anything of the sort and has no idea where they got that "quote" from.

We went to that match looking for nothing less than three points but on the day just didn't perform. It was not a point gained but two points lost.

Don't you just love these local reporters (Chas excepted)

Report obviously by someone who's judgement was clouded by his disappointment in the result. Both in his report & the team listing above it, Ben Walshe is referred to as Ben Walshie! And was poor old Rob Haworth really bad enough to merit a mere 3 in the player ratings? You don't normally get less than 4 even if you get sent off after 20 minutes.

Northwich Victoria boss Alvin McDonald accused his players of lacking passion after they drew 0-0 with Gravesend & Northfleet on Saturday.

Vics created very few chances during the 90 minutes and McDonald warned that unless things improve they are in grave danger of being relegated.

"The effort was nowhere near enough. I am not happy at all," he complained. "That was a vitally important game for us and there was no passion there at all.

"I will put up with individuals playing badly if they are giving 100 per cent, but I will not stand for performances like that. It should have been a cup final for us.

"There is no question that was two points lost, not one gained. There is a mini-league at the bottom end of the Conference and we have got to win games within that.

"Gravesend were happy and I don't blame them. We could not string two passes together, I was very disappointed."

GRAVESEND WERE HAPPY?????

"Gravesend & Northfleet boss Andy Ford was delighted that his side finally kept their first clean sheet of the season at Northwich on Saturday, but admitted that their performance hadn't been good.

The game was a dour affair that finished 0-0 with very few chances at either end but Ford was at least able to take some satisfaction from his side's defending.

"It was a poor game and both teams really struggled to find that bit of quality," he told the Medway Messenger.

"I have to be happy with a clean sheet away from home because we defended well the whole of the game.

"At the other end, we didn't work their goalkeeper enough and I didn't think our balls forward were of good quality."